100 Holes of Hope
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    3 Wood Slicer&Dicer is on a distinguished road
    What's the latest on Champlain?
    "Bubba-Size Your Drive"

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aryall View Post
    So far I've played Casselview, Pakenham, Meadows, Renfrew, and Edelweiss. Casselview was end of March and in solid shape for the time of year. Pakenham and Meadows were on the long weekend. Pakenham was still very wet but in much better shape than early season 2009. Meadows was in very solid shape and had excellent greens in particular. Very little wetness. Renfrew was spectacular! My first time playing the course and I was very impressed. Excellent conditions all around. Edelweiss was in the drizzle last weekend. Lots of aeration; the greens were the worst I've played yet. We were the only people on the course for the day on Saturday.

In terms of conditions, I'd go 1. Renfrew, 2. Meadows, 3. Casselview, 4. Pakenham, 5. Edelweiss.
    i love meadows, it has just enough personality and danger to make it enjoyable. it's like a poor man's lock march.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Sorcier is in perfect shape as well, better than Casselview IMHO.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Making Cuts habsfan is on a distinguished road habsfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    i love meadows, it has just enough personality and danger to make it enjoyable. it's like a poor man's lock march.
    Please dont ever use meadows and Loch March in the same breath.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I concur, the comparison ends once you discuss that they are both golf courses.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Putter slideking69 is on a distinguished road

Camelot....No one there...perfect shape

Golfed Camelot today....no one there as weather was a little cold and cloudy..
    playing like summer and greens are incredibly fast already....Woot!

Birdie Eagle_Hunter is on a distinguished road Eagle_Hunter's Avatar
    Anyone play Timber run yet?
    Just another lefty....

Quote Originally Posted by slideking69 View Post
    Golfed Camelot today....no one there as weather was a little cold and cloudy..
    playing like summer and greens are incredibly fast already....Woot!
    geeez thanks for the tease, 95% of us on here wont get to play that course this year, unless your inviting, ill take u out to Eagle Creek if interested, it is also in amazing shape, lmk

Putter slideking69 is on a distinguished road

camelot

sorry habsfan I already have a lineup of people on the waiting list....thought I should give the conditions of a course that has not been reviewed this spring yet is all...
    btw not many of the posters here will be playing eagle creek either but may still want to know about it

Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar

Falcon Ridge

Was as good as it ever gets. Now it's always going to be in the bottom third of Ottawa Valley Golf but it was very nice. Two ladies tees were in wet spots but nowhere else. Greens cut & smooth.

Cheers all,

9 Iron joceber is on a distinguished road

Chateau Cartier & EQuinelle

What are the conditions at chateau ?
    I saw some work being done on first green.
    Just wondering if they got punched and filled ?
    Don't want to play plinko again this year.
    PLayed Les Vieux Moulins the 4rt.

EQuinelle

Played the course for the first time Tuesday from the white tees.
    I though I was going to be a WOW! course. Every three hole are.
    Man the course is dry! Too dry considering the rain we got lately.
    And green speed, varies a lot. Must be the ondulation Ha!
    Good layout. will need more games to appreciate the course.
    The other two players said wasn't worth the HIGH price.
    |>
    Hole in one... ----------@,,,,,,,,,,,__|,,,,,,,,,, 07/06/14

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by habsfan View Post
    Please dont ever use meadows and Loch March in the same breath.
    i dont know, grass is grass to me. i have two categories of golf courses, bad and good. meadows and (exhale, inhale) loch march are in my good category.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Standards are something that are obviously subjective but I guess its simple if you view a course as good or bad.
    Lefty Lucas

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar
    i dont know, grass is grass to me. i have two categories of golf courses, bad and good. meadows and (exhale, inhale) loch march are in my good category.

There's more than two categories, because, as said above, Loch March and Meadows are not even close to being in the same league. Perhaps as I've only played Meadows during slow tournaments I've become jaded, but I can't recall one hole at Meadows that is as stunning as many at Loch March. (including #1, 4, 5, 7, 9, 10, 16, & 17) Besides the beverage 'people' are hotter at Loch March.

BlueMan
    Hammond is a landfill at this point. However it is great to go and practice your tee balls as it is really tight if your hitting driver on every hole. Fairways weren't too bad. The tell tale is that the greens just aren't worth fighting traffic to get there to just "hit shots". Once the greens get WAY better I will definitely play it again.

Pineview is always viewed as one of the worst courses around but for the location and time of year it wasn't bad at all. Fairways were fine, greens still needed some work but were much much better then Hammond's. If you don't have a Golfer's Red Book to limit your expenses it isn't worth the 38$ there charging.

Upper Canada is always one of the best courses in eastern ontario and there spring is not to disappoint. Greens were fantastic and fairways were pristine. Looking forward to swinging the stick at a course like that all summer!!

to put it simply i cant motivate myself to play well on courses that have no visual appeal, bad greens and fairways, my personal opinion.

Timbuktu
    Aside from a couple of winter kill patches on the greens Riverbend was in good condition and surprisingly dry. I expected it to be very wet but it wasn't! I wish they would cut the tee blocks grass a lot shorter sometimes I feel like I'm teeing off from the rough. Back to Mountain Creek tomorrow will post updated conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuktu View Post
    Aside from a couple of winter kill patches on the greens Riverbend was in good condition and surprisingly dry. I expected it to be very wet but it wasn't! I wish they would cut the tee blocks grass a lot shorter sometimes I feel like I'm teeing off from the rough. Back to Mountain Creek tomorrow will post updated conditions.

I played Mountain Creek today for the first time. It was in great condition, the greens were rolling very nice. Only complaint is that people were slicing like crazy and playing the ball in the other side of our fairway.....? Almost got hit 10-12 times!

Cheers,
    Just another lefty....

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Pakenham was in great shape today and the greens were rolling pretty fast for this time of year. Only a couple fairways on the canyon course were looking like they needed sometime, but course was dried out and playing great.

Team Match Play Champ 2010 DenisO is on a distinguished road DenisO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Hunter View Post
    I played Mountain Creek today for the first time. It was in great condition, the greens were rolling very nice. Only complaint is that people were slicing like crazy and playing the ball in the other side of our fairway.....? Almost got hit 10-12 times!

Cheers,
    Noticed the same thing when I played there a couple weeks ago, I think the skill level on that course is a lot lower than others for some reason We were teeing off on one hole, and a ball dropped right beside my playing partner, barely missing his head. We didn't here a fore or anything. They claimed they screamed it and the wind took it, suuuure lol

Played Irish Hills today. Was in pretty good condition, no complaints. Some of the tee boxes need some work, but greens were nice. 18 holes and a cart for $35, can't beat that!

Team Match Play Champ 2010 Singles Match Play Champ 2013 Hearzy is on a distinguished road Hearzy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DenisO View Post
    Noticed the same thing when I played there a couple weeks ago, I think the skill level on that course is a lot lower than others for some reason We were teeing off on one hole, and a ball dropped right beside my playing partner, barely missing his head. We didn't here a fore or anything. They claimed they screamed it and the wind took it, suuuure lol
    Ha. yea... MY HEAD. I made it up a few holes later though ;-).. Memorable day. But as said. Everytime I have played there it seems to be the same.

Timbuktu
    Mountain Creek is in really good shape and likely the driest course out there right now. Big difference from 2 weeks ago, in fact they should almost start throwing the water on some holes as they were rock hard. Sprayed it across the front 9 today but was 4-over on the back, all in all good day.

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    I like Mountain Creek but they should have hockey helmets beside the scorecards in the club house that you can pick up before your round. The holes are to close together and I find it a dangerous course to play. I never feel comfortable as I am always ducking.

Team Match Play Champ 2010 Singles Match Play Champ 2013 Hearzy is on a distinguished road Hearzy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicer&Dicer View Post
    What's the latest on Champlain?
    Played Champlain today... is not in very good condition in general. Definitely not one of my favourite courses. There is much better out there IMO

Also played Richmond Cenntenial today as well. That course is in decent shape. The front 9 is definitely better (and easier). The back is in the same condition, but just a lot of bugs. Overall, decent track.

Champlain is in pretty horrible shape in my opinion. Lots of ground under repair, punched (plinko) greens, and dry patches everywhere. Not playing there for awhile. Richmond was in decent shape but like Jeff said, back 9 is already full of bugs, not sure if I want to go back once it gets worse come summer time!

Timbuktu
    Richmond has great service and their pro-shop girls are usually top shelf. Though the track gets boring after a few rounds it was great for my buddy who was learning how to play last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuktu View Post
    Richmond has great service and their pro-shop girls are usually top shelf. Though the track gets boring after a few rounds it was great for my buddy who was learning how to play last year.
    I love richmond, the 2for1 on monday and tuesdays is great. I always play the front 9 twice. Back nine is the devil! I agree the service is great and most of the time nice to look at

Richmond always has nice greens. Very easy too
    Just another lefty....

Timber Run

Played Timber Run this morning. Course was in good shape, nice and dry. Greens were running fast but had winter kill on them and weren't nice to putt. If you are a member of RM this course is definitely still worth going to since its the same as the driving range. The course wasn't busy but there was a 3some in front of us that were all over the place taking 20-25mins a hole.... At the turn we took a 45 minute break.

All in all it was a nice day at the office.

Cheers,
    Just another lefty....

7 Wood Cruban is on a distinguished road Cruban's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DenisO View Post
    Champlain is in pretty horrible shape in my opinion. Lots of ground under repair, punched (plinko) greens, and dry patches everywhere. Not playing there for awhile. Richmond was in decent shape but like Jeff said, back 9 is already full of bugs, not sure if I want to go back once it gets worse come summer time!
    played there saturday morning, agree the fairways are in pretty rough shape, but other than the first few holes i thought the greens were quite good, i've played much worse in april

Thread Information