CorporateGolfXtra 2024
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Making Cuts habsfan is on a distinguished road habsfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilroy View Post
    Manderley (Central North) is in the best condition I have ever seen it on the first week. No significant winter kill or snow mould to speak of. Greens are running true, but a tad slow.
    Agree, played South/Central on sunday greens were amazing, every green was in mid summer shape.

3 Wood dwalker is on a distinguished road dwalker's Avatar

Cedarhill

A friend of mine played Cedarhill on Sunday, and he said it was in great shape.
    Slice, hook, or straight down the middle. It all looks the same on the score card.

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davevandyk View Post
    Just finished at Pakenham and the course was in really good shape. Not too many fairways were wet and for the most part the greens rolled very well. Would have been a lot better if I didn't get drilled 4&2 by Adam (adska) but when the guy shoots 72, can't be too upset with losing.

Pace of play was pretty good too, about 4:20 which is great on a Saturday this beautiful.
    Not sure which Pakenham course you played (and I absolutely hate to say this especially considering the time of year), but I played on Saturday and it wasn't very dry and the greens weren't rolling very well at all. They still have punch marks and are obviously slow. I played Canadian on Friday and IMO it was in much better condition.

Putter Mimglow is on a distinguished road
    Played 18 today at Falcon Ridge. Course looks very good. 10th hole still covered though.

Singles Match Play Champ 2010 Ruskie is on a distinguished road

Cedarhill

Played Cedarhill yesterday. The course is in great shape and very playable. Very dry, greens are cut and running just a little slower than normal. Fairways could use some rain to fill out, but nothing major. Would not hesitate to play there again.

Putter R2D2 is on a distinguished road
    I played Chateau Cartier twice this weekend, the conditions are great, green a bit slow, course is nice and dry.

Caddy knickers is on a distinguished road knickers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krolik View Post
    Played Cedarhill yesterday. The course is in great shape and very playable. Very dry, greens are cut and running just a little slower than normal. Fairways could use some rain to fill out, but nothing major. Would not hesitate to play there again.
    Where they charging full price?

Singles Match Play Champ 2010 Ruskie is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by knickers View Post
    Where they charging full price?
    Dunno. I was using my EG account.

Team Match Play Champ 2010 Singles Match Play Champ 2013 Hearzy is on a distinguished road Hearzy's Avatar
    Any recent news on dragonfly? Looking for somewhere to play tomorrow

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar

Dragon Fly

Quote Originally Posted by Hearzy View Post
    Any recent news on dragonfly? Looking for somewhere to play tomorrow
    No first hand info, but curled with two chaps on Wed of this week who mentioned that they had golfed there within the previous week. They had no complaints about the conditions. Enjoy!

Sand Wedge KDMcC is on a distinguished road

Whitetail ???

How about Whitetail? Anybody been there yet this spring? I'm playing there Sunday and am wondering how it looks.

BTW, Pembroke is supposed to open on Monday (April 12).

I think Timbuktu played Dragonfly last weekend and said it was in good shape...I think...I know I heard that from someone...just can't remember 100%

Team Match Play Champ 2010 Singles Match Play Champ 2013 Hearzy is on a distinguished road Hearzy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quinner View Post
    I think Timbuktu played Dragonfly last weekend and said it was in good shape...I think...I know I heard that from someone...just can't remember 100%
    excellent. I will confirm that tomorrow

Timbuktu
    Quote Originally Posted by quinner View Post

yeah it was me, Front nine was wet, back nine was dry. Greens were nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuktu View Post
    yeah it was me, Front nine was wet, back nine was dry. Greens were nice.
    I thought I read this. Hopefully it's not as bad as this has got me picturing.

Gap Wedge dirt magnet is on a distinguished road
    Has anyone played Nation yet. Going tommorrow. Wondering what the conditions are like.

Cheers.

Albatross goliath is on a distinguished road goliath's Avatar
    Played nation 2times last week and it's pretty good. Not perfect but definitely playable. Only 1 hole had really wet rough. Fairways in decent condition. Grass just needs to grow a little and some spots are really hard. Definitly worth the trip. I'm going back in a couple of days

Championship Cup Eldred is on a distinguished road Eldred's Avatar
    FYI.. Played Les Vieux Moulins this morning, looked like greens have been recently punched.

Gap Wedge STONE_COLD is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldred View Post
    FYI.. Played Les Vieux Moulins this morning, looked like greens have been recently punched.
    It was punched second week of November 2009.

Timbuktu
    Will be playing Irish Hills this afternoon, stay tuned.

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar

Outaouais

Outaouais is in fantastic shape all around. ... and they are opening up the East course this weekend......
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar
    Greensmere is also in fantastic shape with no green damage. Still only the Premier course is open but having taken a look at some of the Legacy holes from on top of the hill at Premiere# 18, Legacy looks like it could open soon. All of it's greens look good as well.

Pitching Wedge Leejanzen is on a distinguished road
    Played Metcalfe on Sunday and I was all over the front 9 (Shot a horrid 59), but only found a few wet spots. The same goes for the back nine where I managed to shave 11 strokes from my score. I hit a very high ball and only one ball plugged on me all day. Greens were rolling quite true though much slower than I'm accustomed to (I grew up playing a course in Northern Ontario with lightning quick greens from day 1. Of course, day one was late April/early May there).

I'm playing Le Sorcier tomorrow morning so I'll be sure to post an update.

Timbuktu
    Irish Hills was relatively wet not that I expected different, the greens have been punched and are sloooow.

Hybrid TLB is on a distinguished road
    Golfed Metcalfe this afternoon. Very nice conditions - greens were in great shape but a bit slow. Fairways were also good for this time of year. It was like golfing in June !

Gap Wedge Kosmo is on a distinguished road Kosmo's Avatar

Stonebridge Conditions

AMAZING!!
    For those who have played this course in recent years, spring opening hasn't been good, 2010 is a different story for Stonebridge. I watched them spray,sand and overseed the fairways, make some irrigation changes to #6 and #16 last fall, and from what I've played on since the opening a couple of days ago, is very postive. I hope they keep it up.

Bogie tmacgolf is on a distinguished road tmacgolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosmo View Post
    AMAZING!!
    For those who have played this course in recent years, spring opening hasn't been good, 2010 is a different story for Stonebridge. I watched them spray,sand and overseed the fairways, make some irrigation changes to #6 and #16 last fall, and from what I've played on since the opening a couple of days ago, is very postive. I hope they keep it up.
    Agreed! Played yesterday and was very happy with the conditions, espcecially after the poor condition it was in for most of last summer. The course is dry, and more importantly as mentioned above, 6 and 16 were dry, which rarely happened last year. I think with this start, there is no reason the course should not be back to the condition it was known for in years past. The greens were rolling pretty good for April as well.

Quote Originally Posted by tmacgolf View Post
    Agreed! Played yesterday and was very happy with the conditions, espcecially after the poor condition it was in for most of last summer. The course is dry, and more importantly as mentioned above, 6 and 16 were dry, which rarely happened last year. I think with this start, there is no reason the course should not be back to the condition it was known for in years past. The greens were rolling pretty good for April as well.
    I don't think it will be too dry with all this rain.

But with some warm weather...ALL the courses will be in sick condition.

Timbuktu
    Anyone played Edelweiss yet? I've got a tee time there Sunday...never been what should I expect?

Pitching Wedge Leejanzen is on a distinguished road
    I played Le Sorcier on Thursday and the conditions were almost perfect. Carts were allowed everywhere except hole #3 which was cart path only. Greens weren't even that slow (much faster than Metcalfe) but I don't really have a point of reference because I've never played the course before.

Very nice course. Going up some of those cart paths in a cart is one of the scariest things I've ever done (felt like we were going to tip backwards).

Thread Information