CorporateGolfXtra 2024
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    Played the Marshes on Friday. Course was very dry and carts were allowed on the course (no restrictions). Greens were in good shape, very puttable. (just a few of last years aeration holes visible but didn't really affect the putts.)

$85. + tax was a bit pricey for this time of year, but worth it considering the course and the beautiful weather.

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    Just finished at Pakenham and the course was in really good shape. Not too many fairways were wet and for the most part the greens rolled very well. Would have been a lot better if I didn't get drilled 4&2 by Adam (adska) but when the guy shoots 72, can't be too upset with losing.

Pace of play was pretty good too, about 4:20 which is great on a Saturday this beautiful.

Amateur BullDog is on a distinguished road BullDog's Avatar
    Just played Mountain Creek today and was pleasantly surprised by its condition. No wet spots where I remember them from previous first weekend starts in past years. Greens not as fast as mid-summer but fairly true. I was pleased with the whole experience (well, maybe with the exception of my score!) and am returning tomorrow... I picked up a membership today - something I've been contemplating the last few years.

4 Iron poppadon56 is on a distinguished road poppadon56's Avatar
    Played the Marshes today it was very dry, never had a wet lie anywhere, except in the hazard(s) . Bunkers were dry and in mid season shape. Greens were a bit bumpy but I didn't see any major winter kill on them. Really enjoyed my first round of the year with my son and a couple of friends, especially the front nine. Glad there was a nice breeze otherwise may have been too hot, NOT. As stated earlier, $85 + tax includes cart, no restrictions, plus range balls. Played in less than 4 hours.

Bouche
    played casselview today, not much new from the updates earlier in the thread. Greens are decent, a little bumpy but greens are very sticky. Very Dry, Carts on cart path only and very busy.

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    Made the trip up to Renfrew today, and the course wintered great. Greens were obviously a little slow on the uphill putts, but ran pretty darn true. If anything, the course needs a good soak, judging by some of the rolls that drives took today. Think we played in just under 4 & 1/2 hours.

Not sure what they're charging because we booked through CG, but I'd recommend giving them a call if you're up for taking a little drive.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Playing Winter Rules Foddz is on a distinguished road Foddz's Avatar
    I paid $48 and change for green fee + cart @ Renfrew.

Beautiful day, and I had a few nice drives... the rest of the game, well... lets just say I had an excellent cost-per-stroke ratio

Course was in great shape for opening weekend, the back 9 especially was greening up nicely! Bunkers had lots of fresh sand in them - i think I played more shots from the sand today than I did all last year.

Like Hoolio said, if anything the course would benefit from a little bit of rain, not that I'm complaining about the conditions in the slightest!
    Wannabe Golf

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    WOW Looks like the season is off to a great start---but I don't get the full price deal
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    Anybody play Smugglers yet? Playing there on Monday and would like to know what to expect!

Thanks

Timbuktu
    I got sucked into playing 18 at Raceview today, greens were in really nice condition. Fairways were also relatively green and in good shape.
    Though it was nice to work on my approach irons.
    Last edited by Kilroy; 04-04-2010 at 05:47 PM.

Forum Jedi XTOUR is on a distinguished road XTOUR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    Meadows was great today. Greens are the best I've played so far.
    Two thumbs

Good to hear...heading out tommorow.
    Proud member of the 2010, 2011 ,2012 OG vs TGN RYDER CUP
    Captain of 2012 Team OG Ryder Cup Champions!

Lob Wedge f499 is on a distinguished road

Cloverdale Links - Soggy

We played Cloverdale on Saturday. Greens were spring slow, but in very good condition. Fairways were very wet. Lost 2 balls due to severe plugging. No carts, due to the wet conditions (even the cart paths were sloppy and mud).

I normally enjoy this track, but IMHO, I would avoid for now or bring your Dry-Vac.

F499

3 Wood dwalker is on a distinguished road dwalker's Avatar

The Grove

Had 2 hours of free time this morning so I decided to venture out to Poplar Grove since I knew I could play 18 in a short time. All I can say is its the usual conditions, but at least its dry for Spring golf. There was only one other group on the course, so if you want to practice and play 18 in 2 hours, its the place to go.
    Slice, hook, or straight down the middle. It all looks the same on the score card.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Thought we were playing Buckingham this morning but got the directions wayyyy screwed up so we ended up at Tecumseh and I must say I was pleasantly surprised by the conditions!! Course was dry and the greens were running slow but true. I would go back!

Bogie mikelaurin is on a distinguished road
    played smugglers sat cart path only the greens wernt cut ,but should be now 51 with a cart

I Just Won't Leave big easy is on a distinguished road

A sign of things to come!!!!!

Played Les Vieux Moulins today. The greens were brutal and the fairways were so dried that I thought we were playing in the middle of August!!! It's the first time I get back there since they started to do some housing development around the course. It looks far better than a few years ago when I used to be a member there.

I played very nice today and posted an easy 72! I couldn't save a par when I missed a green (it's kind of hard to be consistent on a Plinko board!) but made birdies on each par fives except the last hole... despite a drive down the middle It really felt nice to be outside and to play that good. I hope this is a good sign...

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    and so ends the best golfing weekend ever. 5 rounds in 5 days. i'll be telling my grandkids about this one.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Habitual poster OutOfTheRough is on a distinguished road OutOfTheRough's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    and so ends the best golfing weekend ever. 5 rounds in 5 days. i'll be telling my grandkids about this one.

You should head to Myrtle... and do 7 or 8 rounds in 6 days !!!

Lots of fun to be had down there !!

9 Iron mcateer73 is on a distinguished road mcateer73's Avatar

Cloverdale conditions

Played Cloverdale today, and found the greens slow but in very good shape. Course was a little on the soggy side. I walked but could still easily avoid the odvious wet spots.

Cost $42.00 with no additional deals.
    Made man

5 Iron MikeL is on a distinguished road MikeL's Avatar
    Anyone had the chance to play at Pineview? If so, how were the conditions?

Thanks.

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Played Chateau Cartier yesterday. They should have held off opening for another week.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar

Question Metcalfe / Anderson Links Updates

Anyone been on? Coments?

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Yes Big Easy, Les Vieux is in need of the rain this week. They need to do something to get the greens to fill in.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Gap Wedge STONE_COLD is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Jack View Post
    Played Chateau Cartier yesterday. They should have held off opening for another week.

Played there too. Greens were very nice , like Casselview that I played on Friday but I bit slow. Fairways at CC were a bit wet.

Played Champlain Saturday early morning. It took almost 5 hours. Greens are better than last year but the rest of the course is mud .

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Anyone been on? Coments?
    Played Metcalfe on Sunday and it was in great shape. Greens a little slow as expected, but no winterkill and rolling true. Fairways were dry and tee boxes in good shape.

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    Anyone happen to get out to Cedarhill? Might scoot out after work on Friday if the weather takes a turn for the better, but don't want to deal with temps like they had for a while last year.

Also, Stonebridge is looking pretty nice from what I can see driving around the area. Greens and fairways are turing a nice shade of green. Unfortunately CG decided not to have them in the portfolio this year, so its just a big tease to me.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Timbuktu
    Quote Originally Posted by hoolio View Post
    Anyone happen to get out to Cedarhill? Might scoot out after work on Friday if the weather takes a turn for the better, but don't want to deal with temps like they had for a while last year.

Also, Stonebridge is looking pretty nice from what I can see driving around the area. Greens and fairways are turing a nice shade of green. Unfortunately CG decided not to have them in the portfolio this year, so its just a big tease to me.

I'd love to get out to Cedarhill since it's right down the street from me. I could definitely make it out friday if you're looking for playing partners.

Driver Adska is on a distinguished road
    Played 9 holes on the West course today at the Hunt - didn't know it was going to open until I got there!

Dry as a bone, and in great shape. The greens were a touch on the slow side, but running smooth.

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar

Metcalfe

Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
    Played Metcalfe on Sunday and it was in great shape. Greens a little slow as expected, but no winterkill and rolling true. Fairways were dry and tee boxes in good shape.
    Thanks, played there early last year and it was horrible. Hoping we both have a better year.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Manderley (Central North) is in the best condition I have ever seen it on the first week. No significant winter kill or snow mould to speak of. Greens are running true, but a tad slow.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Thread Information