CorporateGolfXtra 2024
Closed Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10
    4 Iron Gangrel is on a distinguished road

Manderley?

Has anyone played Manderley lately? Playing my first 18 there this weekend, and just curious. Not that good conditions will help me any..... well, if the woods are dry, I'll be happy.

Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Hunter View Post
    Thanks, I thought the course was great but didn't like the slanted fairways as it messed up my score

Micheal,
    The front nine at Mont Cascades will do that to you, the uneven lies and side hill lies are annoying as hell sometimes. I love the challenge at Cascades though, to make it harder my buddy and I play the Blue tees.
    Jonathan

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangrel View Post
    Has anyone played Manderley lately? Playing my first 18 there this weekend, and just curious. Not that good conditions will help me any..... well, if the woods are dry, I'll be happy.
    Decent shape but the greens were punched and top dressed last week. They are still recovering.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    Played Chateau Cartier this afternoon and was dissapointed with the greens.Really shaggy,bumpy and slow.I hope they bring them back to there usual good conditions.Slow round also,it seems 2 foursomes were on a bachelor party golf thing.Why people do this is beyond me.They would have had a better time at the Pink Panther cabaret just down the road.LOl.
    Marcos
    I was one of the guys in that bachelor party. We had 4 foursomes actually. And yes we had some non golfers with us, they made it slow and tedious for everyone. Fun none the less.
    Jonathan (I sold you one of the TM wedges I was selling last fall)

Singles Match Play Champ 2010 Ruskie is on a distinguished road

Stonebridge

Just a heads up: Stonebridge had their greens sanded today. They're still playable, but obviously not to their usual standards. I'm guessing they're getting ready for the long weekend. The rest of the course is in top shape.

Cheers,
    Alex.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Chateau Cartier is in great condition with lush fairways and greens.What a difference a few months make.
    Under 4 hour round friday morning.Cant beat that!!!

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar
    Just got back from Champlain. For all the negative comments about this course over the years I found it quite playable. Very few bare spots in the fairway and the greens were in very good shape; lush and fair. Good value for the money and not busy. Will go back again, soon.

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    Played Hawkesbury G&CC yesterday, and it was in top notch shape. I've never played it before, but I would imagine that those greens are like pool tables for Club Championship weekend, because they had punched and top dressed them on Tuesday afternoon (back nine anyway) and they were still very true and quite quick.
    Last edited by hoolio; 06-09-2010 at 08:08 PM.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    I played Hawkebury last year, and that course is awesome. The greens were very fast and true. I would reccomend the drive there to play it, you wont regret it.

3 Wood Sab is on a distinguished road Sab's Avatar
    Any comments on Les Vieux Moulins lately? Last one was end of April. With some of the rain we have had has it softened up some?
    Last edited by Kilroy; 06-10-2010 at 10:00 AM.

Bogie iggsplode is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Sab View Post
    Any comments on Les Vieux Moulins lately? Last one was end of April. With some of the rain we have had is it still a parking lot or has it softened up some?
    i played there monday.. it was in good shape mostly and i enjoyed it. there's a couple fairways that looked like someone was doing donuts in there car, all torn up and stuff.. not much of it, but enough to notice.

3 Wood Sab is on a distinguished road Sab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iggsplode View Post
    i played there monday.. it was in good shape mostly and i enjoyed it. there's a couple fairways that looked like someone was doing donuts in there car, all torn up and stuff.. not much of it, but enough to notice.
    Thanks Iggs. I enjoy the layout so looking forward to my first round there this year on Sat.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Spring is done so I am closing this.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Thread Information