CorporateGolfXtra 2023
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar

Casselview conditions

First group out today with Terry (Going Low).Great time nice to meet you Terry.Now for the conditions,greens slow but still puttable,fairways not that wet as far as I'm concerned.Seen much worst.Full price with a 10.00 reduction after April 30th only.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    First group out today with Terry (Going Low).Great time nice to meet you Terry.Now for the conditions,greens slow but still puttable,fairways not that wet as far as I'm concerned.Seen much worst.Full price with a 10.00 reduction after April 30th only.
    Listen Mr. Piggy, you aren't allowed to complain about conditions considering the amount of golf you will play this year. You will see the good, the bad and the ugly throughout your 200+ round journey this year, get used to it.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Was the range open?

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Your right Geoff, I have no right to complain,playing golf on St-Pattys day,beautifull sunshine good company while you and most of the forum members here are slaving away at their job,oops,there I go again.LOL.

Did not even notice if the range was open.My guess is not, as the ground crew just found out this morning they were opening up.

Bogie GoingLow is on a distinguished road GoingLow's Avatar
    Played Casselview today, was joined on the Tee by Marcos and his lovely wife. Course was much dryer than expected, no carts allowed though. Greens were great considering everything but extremely slow. All greens were open.

We had several plugged balls in fairway and rough but usually found the ball maybe one or two left out their. Always wind blowing at Casselview.

Green Fee was 45 with a pull cart, lovely day to play and get some rust off.

The greenskeeper stated that they would close Friday and re - tarp the greens??? Not sure what forecast he see's??? But tomorrow looks great.

Also no food or bevi's on the course but my bag of Moosehead kept me going.....I figured a Green Bottle was quite fitting

We had the First Tee off in Ottawa and Marcos with the first Par posted in Ottawa, on #1, congrats....had a lot of fun...

Good Luck, hope this helps.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    retirement. only 33 years away.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Terry, I just got an E-mail from Casselview and now they are saying they will be open Friday.
    Last edited by Marcos; 03-17-2010 at 08:19 PM. Reason: forgot something

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoingLow View Post
    Green Fee was 45 with a pull cart, lovely day to play and get some rust off.
    $45?? Is that right??

That is a little steep for any Ottawa area course in March....

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    $45?? Is that right??

We paid $40.95 without a pull cart today. They gave us a coupon for $10 off, after April 30. It is for sure a bit steep but I can tell you on this beautiful day in March, I did not care!!! Won't pay it again though.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    $45?? Is that right??

Supply and demand. Lots of itchy golfers wanting to get out and they are one of the only games in town right now.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

I'm a regular Andy4Par is on a distinguished road Andy4Par's Avatar
    I thought it was reasonable for March 18th. First time out this year. Price didn't deter the others either. Course was jammed full. Great day! Worth every penny IMHO.
    "Get your smile on!"

Lob Wedge sam58 is on a distinguished road

Conditions of play at casselview

Played at Casselview today and really satisfied with the playing conditions.The course is quite in good shape for this time of year and the greens slow, but in great shape.

Great course to begin your golfing season.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
    Supply and demand. Lots of itchy golfers wanting to get out and they are one of the only games in town right now.
    pple need to put some benadryl on their golf itch so prices go down.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Team Match Play Champ 2010 Singles Match Play Champ 2013 Hearzy is on a distinguished road Hearzy's Avatar

Kingsway Conditions

Just finished a game with Big Johnny at Kingsway. I can't believe nobody wanted to come and join.
    It was a great day, and I was surprised how good the fairways and greens were surprisingly. I think there was only really one fairway that was not in good shape. For the time of year, very good conditions. Some free standing water around but it was perfect for the first time out this year!
    Greens were running a bit slow, but other than that, they were in good shape, not much winter kill it seemed. There was one hole on the front 9 that was torn apart.
    Good times Geoff! Too bad about 'losing the ball' on the back 9.. Thought for sure it was going to be found...... By the way... Did you take a penalty stroke for that?

Bogie GoingLow is on a distinguished road GoingLow's Avatar
    What were they charging? No carts yet I am guessing?

Thanks in advance.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    How much did they charge and was there a coupon or something?
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar

Thumbs up Prescott Golf Club Conditions

Just played Prescott today. Course was in great shape. A few mushy spots in the fairways but nothing major.

The greens were absolutely incredible. They are FAST and they roll TRUE!!! Summer shape already. Staff say that they are in the best shape that they have seen them for any opening day.

Definitely worth the drive. Price was $30.00.

I am surprised to hear that.Its usually flooded on the back but happy to know that we have one more course in the region to play.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    They did some huge irrigation ditches Marcos, I am sure it helped.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Thanks for the round Hearzy, it was a blast.

As for the course, don't get what Hearzy said wrong, the course is quite wet. But definitely playable. You just have to pick your walking line ahead of time.

They were only charging $25 and no carts out.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Johnny69 View Post
    Thanks for the round Hearzy, it was a blast.

As for the course, don't get what Hearzy said wrong, the course is quite wet. But definitely playable. You just have to pick your walking line ahead of time.

They were only charging $25 and no carts out.
    Just finished our round before the sun went down. Great day for golf indeed. Would agree with geoff, fairwyas were wet but taking the right line down them to your ball was a challenge at times but nonetheless not so bad PLUS we were playing golf in march
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Quote Originally Posted by KOKO72 View Post
    Just played Prescott today. Course was in great shape. A few mushy spots in the fairways but nothing major.

The greens were absolutely incredible. They are FAST and they roll TRUE!!! Summer shape already. Staff say that they are in the best shape that they have seen them for any opening day.

Definitely worth the drive. Price was $30.00.
    Good to hear that, we have tee offs for 11 tomoorw morning

Team Match Play Champ 2010 Singles Match Play Champ 2013 Hearzy is on a distinguished road Hearzy's Avatar
    I re-read what I wrote. Yeah as Geoff said, and what I meant to say. It is wet, but for the time of year it is, I think it's in overall great shape. I would recommend getting out there to play a round.

Putter slideking69 is on a distinguished road
    was at Prescott today as well....wind from St. Lawrence I'm sure helps to dry this course out early...very little water anywhere it shouldn't be and course was not backed up to bad as I thought it would be with players. will be going Saturday as well with cold weather coming in soon.

Putter gobigben is on a distinguished road
    I just went to Kingsway and the front nine is extremely wet.
    Last edited by gobigben; 03-21-2010 at 07:31 AM.

Vieux Moulins conditions

Played this morning and it was not too wet.Greens punched up from last year and not rolling too well.A few holes that you have to navigate your way down the fairway but, its March and we are playing outside.
    42.00 plus a free round next time before the end of april.

Spring Conditions

Let's try and keep all the reports on local conditions in one thread. Thanks!

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    I am surprised to hear that.Its usually flooded on the back but happy to know that we have one more course in the region to play.
    Mark---you already have 3 games ?????? If ten courses were open now--it wouldn't be enough for you and Denyse At this rate you will have more than me and I'm still in the south for another 2 weeks

Go get em guys
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Prescott is in fine shape for March, Very litle water to manoever around. some soft spots but overall some bounces were seen
    Greens are in summer shape as far as rolling the ball is concerned

Thread Information