CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Madness

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar

Madness

Anyone else enjoy the Vanderbuilt upset yesterday? Many close & exciting games. I think the tournament is possibly the best basketball for spectators in the world.
    Andrew

5 Wood leafseh is on a distinguished road leafseh's Avatar
    I just happened to take that upset in my bracket to help me sit in 1st in my office pool. Unfortunately there were upsets galore yesterday. Georgetown and Marquette being one's I didn't catch. Still a long way to go though. That was probably one of the most entertaining opening days that I can remember.
    Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    I'm not a big basketball fan. My general opinion is that the first 3 and a half quarters are irrelevant (unless its a total blowout), and all excitement in the last 5 minutes is killed by timeouts and fouls. However, I love March Madness. I think it's the combination of kids who are giving it their all (many of them playing the last competitive games of their lives before returning to thre real world), greatly varying degrees of talent (making for big upsets, crazy performances, and huge lead swings), and the fact that there's usually another game to switch to when timeouts and fouls slow down the pace at the end.

Yesterday was crazy. The West is killing my bracket. Gambled on UTEP and Florida...and I don't think anyone saw Murray coming.

Bouche
    I also saw this and was stunned but at the same time St.Mary's alone was a MAJOR upset. However, the way they have been playing I feel like they have a chance to make it to the Final 4. They just play goods ball....they limit turnovers and they never fall apart from the second the ball is tossed. N. Iowa played with alot of heart! I am only going for the upset now just because of how many there have been. Although there are a bunch of high seeds still in the tournament the team to look at for is the team with all the Canadian Fans LOL...The Syracuse Orange...these guys were on fire today! Wes Johnson looked like Kobe out there today! Alot of Americans felt they should not be seeded #1 but they seemed to prove them wrong very early in this tournament. Hopefully Arinze Onuaku will get to suit up for the next game but thats just me being hopefull. Being a Toronto Raptor fan and hearing Leo Rautin broadcast every game i have become a big fan of his son. He is not afraid to shoot the ball and his smarts are at the next level. There team is so balanced that it makes me think they are a sureshot to the final 4. Watching NCAA over the last 5 days has given me a new final 4 prediction....

1. Syracuse
    2. Kentucky
    3. Ohio St
    4. St Mary's

I dont know what I am going to do with my like until Thursday!

Keep talking to me guys so you can make me happy

Thread Information