100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar

Tiger returning at Masters

Tiger Woods will return to golf at the Masters next month. In a statement Tuesday, Woods said he will play at Augusta National after a four-month hiatus because of a sex scandal.

More...

Golf Guru Gropper is on a distinguished road Gropper's Avatar
    Looks like the Masters will be getting its all time high ratings this year!

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    So much for committing to fixing his personal life.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Awesome, can't wait to see him play again. Who gives a damn about his personal life at this point? Christ you guys need to stop being so judgemental.

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    Wooooooot!!
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Shotmaker bNeill is on a distinguished road bNeill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Awesome, can't wait to see him play again. Who gives a damn about his personal life at this point? Christ you guys need to stop being so judgemental.
    +1 I wasn't aware so many of us led flawless lives. Really excited to watch him play again.

Golf Guru Gropper is on a distinguished road Gropper's Avatar
    I too am looking forward to watching it, might have to send the family away so they do not interupt my Masters weekend!

3 Wood Slicer&Dicer is on a distinguished road
    And now there goes reporting on anything else golf related, well it was great while it lasted.

Oh yeah, so now they (The Tiger Golf Channel) might as well to talk to his cat, his barber, the lonely cocktail and pancake servers (I am being nice here), anyone and everyone who can make the hype about his return that much more....

The only reason he is returning at the masters is apparently the ticket prices are so high that some believe no one will mis-behave otherwise out they go AND Nike has already sold lots of Tiger Masters shirts to the stores, makes sense - it's all dollars.

Note: it doesn't say much for Arnie's tournament that TGC says with the low ticket prices it would have been ugly, nice going Golf Channel, way to respect the King.

Obviously, Golf means more to Tiger than anything else including family and it will be that way until he breaks Jack's record at the majors.

It's not that we are all so perfect, no one is, but there are a lot of us that do not share his idea of family values to put it as nicely as I can.

Anyone have a few thousand dollars to contribute to the "Heckle Tiger at the Masters" fund...

I wish I did...., lol ...

Wannamaker mjf is on a distinguished road mjf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
    so much for committing to fixing his personal life.
    +1

3 Iron Strangebrew is on a distinguished road Strangebrew's Avatar
    Finally... no matter where and when he returns it'll be a circus, let's get this over and move on with our lives. I'm putting my money on Tiger folds faster than Superman on laundry day... doesn't make cut and home to Elin for the weekend.

5 Wood Grabster is on a distinguished road
    No pre tournament?
    Just going to walk into the masters...

Someone start a poll. Will he make the cut?

Hey Strangebrew, careful you might get a lot of takers on that one, lol.

He'll make the cut for sure, he has all this extra stored up energy, that he'll have to unload so to speak.

However, I can't help but wonder if the "little" Tiger under house arrest is like Superman loosing his "Kryptonite", lol...

5 Wood Grabster is on a distinguished road
    nah.

He will curl up into a ball on the first tee and cry for his mommy.
    Maybe poo his pants too.

and I admit it, I will smile.

Grabster, if that happens don't forget to duck if you have a 3D TV, as apparently the masters will be in 3D on comcast I think, lol..

I hope you are right but I suspect he'll be near the front page on Sunday even if they have to reprogram the scoring computers,

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Well, I'm not a fan of the fact he won't have a warmup tourney, but I'm sticking by my original assertion that he'll win the Grand Slam this year.

Jonf, good luck. I wonder what the bookies would give for odds on that? lol..

I suspect he might only win the British this year as it might take a little while to fully return to top form.

Then again the only thing that would suprise me at this point is if the Golf Channel doesn't do a séance to contact the dead father Earl to see what he thinks, lol..

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    Well, I'm glad all the speculation is finally over although (and I realise I may be in a minority here) I actually enjoyed the golf coverage more without him. We got to see a LOT more of other players.

As I've written many times before, I think Tiger is an incredible golfer and I enjoy the competition more when he is in it BUT (and it's a big but) I find all the hero worship, the sycophant media coverage and general servility around him just too much sometimes.

I really hope when he returns we see a new era...still the amazing golf but a more humble and accessible Woods, more personable and a less snivelling press corps around him...I hope....

Just as an aside can anyone actually explain to me the statement he made during the WGC MatchPlay I'm still at a complete loss as to what he actually said that was so urgent and had to be said that Friday. He made no statement he could not have made at any other time.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicer&Dicer View Post
    I suspect he might only win the British this year as it might take a little while to fully return to top form.
    I don't understand this statement. I would think The Open along with the US Open would be the hardest to win of the 4 majors this year. We all know St.Andrews is his stated favourite course, but links golf is a different beast altogether. The PGA will be his best shot I think.

I think the Grand Slam is MOST improbable. If he wins 1 major this year it will be an amazing achievement considering the last 5 months

Goochy, he has something to prove after last year's missed cut at the British.

As far as him being more humble and accessible, don't bet the farm.

I agree with you on all the other points.

Until this dum dum actually comes out and says "I lied to all my fans and sponsors by portraying myself as a great family man so that I could make enormous amounts of money while I was a complete runaround but please forgive me so that I can continue to rack it in", then I won't believe any sounds that comes out of his mouth.

Until this dum dum actually comes out and says "I lied to all my fans and sponsors by portraying myself as a great family man so that I could make enormous amounts of money while I was a complete runaround but please forgive me so that I can continue to rack it in", then I won't believe any sounds that comes out of his mouth.
    Probably sums up the whole business nicely

Driver Adska is on a distinguished road

wow.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    Geez, didn't even notice that he hadn't been playing

Anyone else feel that local courses opening here is more important than Tiger's return, enough said.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Obviously, Golf means more to Tiger than anything else including family and it will be that way until he breaks Jack's record at the majors.
    Do you honestly believe for one second that Elin isn't supporting Tiger playing in the Masters??

Tiger has about 500,000,000 reasons to abide by her wishes......

I hope that you never need to be forgiven for anything because it certainly doesn't seem like your that type that forgives others

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    However, I can't help but wonder if the "little" Tiger under house arrest is like Superman loosing his "Kryptonite", lol...
    - I'm not quite getting the meaning here.......

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    Boy, the self-rigtheousness just LEAPS through the computer screen and slaps me in the face!

Quote Originally Posted by sensfan63 View Post
    Boy, the self-rigtheousness just LEAPS through the computer screen and slaps me in the face!

Again...I don't quite understand. One can be critical of others and not be self-righteous surely.
    Also, to criticise someone for obvious character flaws is not the same as being flawless yourself. I don't think one has to be a paragon of virtue or a saint to be able to feel disappointed in Tiger Woods and to condemn his actions.

I find all this "don't be so judgemental" and "I hope you never need to be forgiven" stuff when talking about a serial adulterer who clearly isn't who he would have had us believe a little bit like Grade 12 morality.

I don't hate Tiger Woods..I don't know the man..BUT I do find his actions reprehensible.

As I said before I hope he can change as a man and still be the great golfer we all know he is

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post

I hope that you never need to be forgiven for anything because it certainly doesn't seem like your that type that forgives others
    But Hacker....you just don't understand. He has been wronged so deeply and personally. It's hard for him to forgive.

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by goochy View Post
    Again...I don't quite understand. One can be critical of others and not be self-righteous surely.
    Also, to criticise someone for obvious character flaws is not the same as being flawless yourself. I don't think one has to be a paragon of virtue or a saint to be able to feel disappointed in Tiger Woods and to condemn his actions.

I find all this "don't be so judgemental" and "I hope you never need to be forgiven" stuff when talking about a serial adulterer who clearly isn't who he would have had us believe a little bit like Grade 12 morality.

I don't hate Tiger Woods..I don't know the man..BUT I do find his actions reprehensible.

As I said before I hope he can change as a man and still be the great golfer we all know he is
    You believed he was a good guy because you chose to, NOT because advertisements told you he was one.

There is only ONE ad that I can recall where there was mention of Tiger's morals. It was the Nike ad where the kids were saying "I AM Tiger Woods." That's it.

Gatorade, Gillette, Accenture: they all were performance-based ad campaigns. Maybe they had Woods in a tuxedo in one of them, looking good, but they sure didn't feature his wife or kids. Or regale us with messages of Woods' all around moral fiber.

Please. Give it a rest.

Thread Information