100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: williamsburg va

Sand Wedge swanee is on a distinguished road swanee's Avatar

williamsburg va

Anyone ever been there for a golf weekend. Thinking Easter....I know Myrtle is better but this seems cheaper and a lot closer...thoughts???

3 Wood ex-mailman is on a distinguished road
    Swanee- I will be in Fredericksburg at the same time. The golf is great... Try Kingsmill!!!
    If you ge up to the FRED area PM me on here. I will have my computer with me. 5 or 6 great tracks in FRED and reasonable prices.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    I don't know if you're planning to drive or fly. A number of us used to drive to the Shennandoah Valley Golf Club ( http://www.svgcgolf.com/golf.html ) in late March and were never disappointed. It's a 27 hole track in Front Royal, Virginia. The green fees, especially Monday to Thursday, were very cheap for all you can play. We would leave Ottawa by at 0530 hours and by 1500 hours we would be teeing off. Bogey Golf came with me once. He'd be able to tell you more.

Quote Originally Posted by swanee View Post
    Anyone ever been there for a golf weekend. Thinking Easter....I know Myrtle is better but this seems cheaper and a lot closer...thoughts???
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Putter canikian is on a distinguished road
    You can try Royal New Kent in Provindence Forge (between Williamsburg and Richmond...off Hgwy 64)
    Beautiful course http://www2.cybergolf.com/sites/cour...=356&page=9230

7 Wood gumby is on a distinguished road

fredericksburg

hi..if your in fredericksburg there areseveral nice courses..
    Cannon Ridge...great course and part of it is on a site where a civil war battle was fought..thus cannon riddge, there are markers around so you can pick up some history as well...
    Meadow farms...this course has some interesting holes...par 3 over a waterfall, the longest hole in the us..a par 6, several island greens...27 holes and not really expensive.
    The Gauntlet...18 holes in a state park...nice course...

these are three that i can think of off hand...give them a try...

in front royal as stated shenadoah is nice, there was another couse, i think it was called blue ridge shadows which was fairly new but nice...i heard it may have gone
    bankrupt so dont know for sure..

gumby

3 Wood ex-mailman is on a distinguished road

to gumby

My son lives in FRED and we have been going there for three years for week long visits.
    I have played Cannon Ridge. In fact, I went to a golf school there. And this time I will be playing in a Golf Channel Amateur Tour event there. Also great course south of FRED (Pendleton). and a great one north on I95 (Augustine).

Thanx
    Dave

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    We have played 'The Woods', and "Shenandoah Valley Golf Club", I believe they were both off the I-87 in Front Royal, Virginia. Shenandoah is a nice little track that is reasonabley priced. The Woods is a little more $ but a very nice track, and another reasonable one was 'Jackson's Chase' which is a newer course, but inexspensive when we played. It is on grounds that part of the civil war was fought, and beside the 9th tee box are fenced tombstones, if you like some history with your golf.

I nice one to play as well is Conklin Players Club in NY State, mpare and i played there on our way back from Virginia on a golf trip.

7 Wood gumby is on a distinguished road

fredericksburg

I think there are a lot of courses around fredericksburg that have civil war connections as some of the biggest battles were fought there. Meadow Farms has beside one of its tee boxes a house that was used as a hospital by both sides and when you hit your drive you go by an old civil war cemetary which is fenced in.
    One time, and i dont remember the course we were looking for a ball in the woods
    (not mine of course) and i found a bullet that someone in the pro shop said was probably from the war. anyway keep your eyes open when your in the bush...most of the artifacts have been found but you never know...

8 Iron afulton is on a distinguished road
    If you don't mind the extra 2 hour drive, Williamsburg has some great courses.
    We played:
    Royal New Kent
    Stonehouse
    Kiskiack
    Fords Colony - Play Blackheath if you can, they have 2 other 9s as well
    Colonial Williamsburg - one of the dirtiest Par 3s you will ever see
    We wanted to get on Kingsmill (Plantation) and Golden Horseshoe (Gold Course) but alas we weren't able to.

I think these are mostly private courses so you would need to book through an agent of some sort. We used Pam's Golf Getaways - it was great.

Out of Bounds shortdrive is on a distinguished road

Williamsburg golf

I have played these courses in this area Stonehouse,Royal New Kent.Kiskiac and will be playing both coures at Williamsburg national this year. We book through Steve Ewell at the tradition golf packages. Very good to deal with.

Terry

3 Wood Shortswing is on a distinguished road
    i just came back from a full week in Williamsburg. We stayed at Kingsmill resort on the unlimited golf packages. 6 night and 13 rounds of golf. They have three championship courses. The River ( LPGA or PGA played there for the last 22 years) The Plantation and The Woods. Awesome experience for the last three years.

If you don't stay at Kingsmill condo the golf is very expensive. www.kingsmill.com

Another great course is the Colonial Heritage right on Richmond rd. It's a links style golf course . It's my favorite course in Williamsburg, and the price is pretty cheap for the course you will play.

Ford Colonys, Golden horseshoe and Williamsburg National ( Yorktown and Jamestown course) are nice too.

Plenty of nice courses in less then 10 minutes drive between them.

Thread Information