100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

Golf 2000 near Montreal/Plattsburgh opens tomorrow

This course is set to open tomorrow at 7:28, all of you die hards say yippy yo ki yea, make a reservation but here is the website

http://www.golf2000.ca/

45 minutes south of Montreal, 3½ hours or less from Ottawa TBD on March 12th
    Last edited by leftylucas; 03-11-2010 at 09:03 AM.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Golf Pigette of the Year 09, 10, 11 IRON MAIDEN is on a distinguished road IRON MAIDEN's Avatar
    the fun has begun

I talked to the guy and he said they are jam packed for tomorrow but still have some spots open for Sunday

I M
    It's a matter of golf or death

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Lisa, you and Mike are so lucky, have fun.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Unfortunately, work is getting in the way this weekend and next week, but I might venture out there next weekend.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Golf Pigette of the Year 09, 10, 11 IRON MAIDEN is on a distinguished road IRON MAIDEN's Avatar
    Well...we're not making the trek either - 6 hours round trip is a little much - My curiosity just got the better of me and I had to call to get more info.

I'm still hoping for a March 17th start date

I M
    It's a matter of golf or death

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    I've played the course a few times on their opening day in the past. Honestly, you're better off waiting for the second weekend because it is waaaaay too wet on the first weekend they open each year.
    One year Mitchdoc and I played on their opening day and the greens were so wet they were impossible to putt and we left 3-inch deep footprints by walking across them - THAT CAN'T BE GOOD! LOL!
    Last edited by 1972Apex; 03-05-2010 at 05:39 PM.
    The opinions expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of others on OG.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Is it really 3 /12 hrs from Ottawa? It says on their site 25 min. from the Champlain bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    Is it really 3 /12 hrs from Ottawa? It says on their site 25 min. from the Champlain bridge.
    Probably another Champlain bridge....
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    It seems to be right at the Canada USA border in St-Bernard de Lacolle.(loose translation,St-Bernard of Glue) near Hemingford Quebec.I'm gonna Google it and find out,but I suspect it is further than I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    It seems to be right at the Canada USA border in St-Bernard de Lacolle.(loose translation,St-Bernard of Glue) near Hemingford Quebec.I'm gonna Google it and find out,but I suspect it is further than I think.
    Pfft, that's not a drive for golf. I once drove to Sarnia a few years ago just to play golf in mid March for the weekend. Now that's an itch!!!!

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    It's about a half hour to 45 minutes on the other side of Montreal. I'd say 3 hours from Ottawa if there's not too much traffic going through the city.
    The opinions expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of others on OG.

I guess we'll wait it out.

Uber Poster LBH is on a distinguished road LBH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Johnny69 View Post
    Probably another Champlain bridge....
    Yeah for sure - Montreal's Champlain bridge is on Hwy 10 heading towards Longueuil, Brossard and the Eastern Townships

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&ie=...4,0.11055&z=14

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LBH View Post
    Yeah for sure - Montreal's Champlain bridge is on Hwy 10 heading towards Longueuil, Brossard and the Eastern Townships
    It is not more than 3 hours... maybe more like 2h45 minutes at the most. You could also go through Lachine (Hwy 13 to Hwy 20) instead of taking Blvd Décarie... but if you take Pont Champlain you don't go toward Longueil but go West to Hwy 15...

I would probably go through Lachine if there is no construction...

Marcos, if I would have to estimate... 2½ hours from Orleans easy.
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    I spent 2 hours ON the Champlain bridge coming home from the Granby Zoo last summer. My brother lives in Brossard, & I've almost always run into traffic on that bridge that makes the 417 at 4:30 look like Main St in Shawville at midnight.

Did anyone go to Golf 2000?
    Andrew

Shawville has a main street? Actually the best way to get there is not to cross the Champlain.
    Lefty Lucas

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    So how was it?
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

I did not go this weekend, I was commenting on the best wasy to get there, sounds like no one went from this forum
    Lefty Lucas

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Oh well, just thought someone might have taken the plunge.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

anguswf
    I live in Brossard and played there 4 or 5 times last season. It takes 35 min from the Champlain Bridge to get there.

They have 27 holes divided in 3 x 9 holes courses, so you can pick and chose the combo you want. Some holes are really and I mean really along the border line. You can see a clear line, without trees, separating the countries without any fence

Coming from Ottawa, I'd maybe try taking the Mercier Bridge.

My friend called there on friday and the guy said they would be pretty busy. Maybe
    I'll give it a try soon.

Quote Originally Posted by anguswf View Post
    Coming from Ottawa, I'd maybe try taking the Mercier Bridge.
    That is what I suggested also. How is the construction on HWY 20... it seems to be an ongoing project...

anguswf
    Quote Originally Posted by Chambokl View Post
    That is what I suggested also. How is the construction on HWY 20... it seems to be an ongoing project...
    I think it's over. The bridge connecting Montreal to Ile Perrot was under construction for a while, but I've passed there 2 weeks ago and there's a brand new bridge, 3 lanes each way.

From there to downtown there's no other work going on. But I guess there will be on summer.

I was hoping to go this weekend as my agenda is open but the weather looks crappy but the upside is that all that rain will help us out here and get rid of the remaining snow.
    Lefty Lucas

For anyone who is not sure where this place is, if you know where the Lion Parc safari is near Hemmingford QC, it is 8 minutes from there.
    Lefty Lucas

Angus, is it faster cutting across from the 20 via Ormstown
    Lefty Lucas

anguswf
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    That might be a good option.

I don't know if all the red lights and small roads will add to make the trip the same as if going through Montreal though. But I'd definitely try it to compare!

Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    I know you ask Angus... but I would say through Ormstown it would be over 3 hours from Ottawa...

The more I think about it Lachine (Pont Mercier) is the fastest route if there is no construction (like Angus said). Take hwy 13 from the 40 to the 20... to the bridge to 132 to Hwy 15 ....

Yes, I will take the Mercier but depending on traffic I may swing over to the 20 from the 40 after going over the bridge past Vaudreuil seeing I will be there at rush hour. I have a 10:48 teeoff tomorrow.
    Lefty Lucas

What time are you leaving at, Luc?

Were leaving at 6:30 and should be on the 417 by 6:45. We are leaving that early just in case we hit some morning rush hour traffic. If there is none we will continue on the 13 to get to the Mercier otherwise I will cut across to the 20 before Kirkland.
    Lefty Lucas

Thread Information