+ Reply to Thread
    Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar

Sens pick up Andy Sutton

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hock.../13083236.html

I don't know much about Sutton other than, he's big!
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    AND he is neither Chris Campoli or Alex Picard

Golf Guru Gropper is on a distinguished road Gropper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivas Irons View Post
    http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hock.../13083236.html

I don't know much about Sutton other than, he's big!
    Thats awsome, went to high school with Andy, played basketball together. good guy

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    I read some analysis that said this would remove Kuba from the PK (where he really has no business being).

I have no problem with this trade. I desperately hope that this means Brian Murray wants no part of Aaron Ward.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    He's a tank. I remember reffing him in minor hockey in Kingston. He was just a skinny kid then.

Good pick up for the Sens. Good mobility for a big guy, with a bit of a mean streak.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Come to think, they probably picked him up to replace Volchenkov in the short term. It doesn't look like he'll re-sign...
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Playing Winter Rules Foddz is on a distinguished road Foddz's Avatar
    I'm really, really, really hoping the rumours about an A-Train trade aren't true, but this trade certainly lends them some credence.
    Wannabe Golf

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Foddz View Post
    I'm really, really, really hoping the rumours about an A-Train trade aren't true, but this trade certainly lends them some credence.

Considering all the talk with the Sens has been they are looking for depth at D, I find it hard to believe they'll turn around and trade Volchenkov. They'd be no further ahead...
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

6 Iron Tullamore is on a distinguished road
    they have to flip him - he wants way too much money- Murray cannot sign him-he's out to lunch if he does
    i' ve never been a Murray fan - he should be traded - he's slowly killing this team with all his off the wall signings
    - bring in a young gun GM - that's the trend - just like in Chicago, Detroit, St.Louis, Philly, New York(Rangers) eventually with Messier
    Go HAWKS!!

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge View Post
    Come to think, they probably picked him up to replace Volchenkov in the short term. It doesn't look like he'll re-sign...
    In addition to being a solid pick up, Sutton is also a good bargaining chip for Murray to use in his negotiations with Volchenkov, who I think will sign and then be traded after the playoff run.
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    It's a tough issue, because fans love Volchenkov's style of play and his willingness to be our second goalie on the ice. However, he adds absolutely no offensive value to the team PLUS his history of injuries is a little worrisome too. Comes with the territory of being the type of player he is.

Don't get me wrong, I love him as a Senator, but there is a max value guys like him have. I can't see him getting more than 4.5 to 5 million...if he wants that much, then trade him and try to get something in return.

Thread Information