+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: 2010 Goals

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    2010 goals:

-a round of par or better....(pb is 76)
    -get my first eagle EVER (got 2)
    -shoot in the 70's at loch march Eagle Creek....(pb is 84)
    -defeat LeftyLuc in matchplay, straight up!(1 win!)
    There is still time to tame Eagle Creek and get a par round at Greyhawk. I haven't given up.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST View Post
    1. Shoot my age this season. 64 or 65.
    2. Win the club championship.
    Struck out on both, but had a couple of 67's.
    Won a couple of invitationals, OVGA Senior Field Day, 2nd in OVGA Masters and won club's Senior CC. Neither bad nor good.

1 Iron kekchose12 is on a distinguished road
    1. Help my team win its intersectional flight: checked
    2. Score 6 points in the intersectional: failed (scored 4)
    3. Play more OVGA events: checked
    4. Break 80 consistently in the OVGA events: failed. Started with a 91 at Outaouais, a 9 on 18 did not help. Best is a 76 at the OVGA masters with 3 3 putts.
    5. Continue to enjoy the game: checked

Highlight of the season remains my meeting with my 14 years old in the match play B flight final at my club. The little devil crunched me for his first time ever win against his dad. He had 12 putts on the front 9 and put me 5 down after 9. Lost on #16. I have never been so happy and so proud to lose a match.

I also encourage everyone in this forum to play in the OVGA events. Great tournaments. Thanks Jerry, Rob, Lyle and others. Looking forward to see you next year.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilster View Post
    So lets see...
    1 - play more golf - check , more than last year anyway
    2 - beat TGN again in the Ryder cup - fail
    3 - play more NCGT events - fail
    4 - get my approach shots back in order - check , much happier
    5 - whoop Reza in the matchplay tourney - its quite obvious that he fixed the draw to avoid me , there's always next year

...should be a good season.
    Although i'm not calling the season over quite yet
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

Achievements

Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    The easier goals are:

Spend money on lessons not equipment - Done, Marc Levac is a little richer this year ;if you do not count trade-ups then this was achieved

Practice much more than play: Did not manage this one but I should have more time next year.
    The more difficult ones are:

Hit 25% more greens in regulation: Done, thanks to the lessons

Reduce HC to single digit: Done, thanks to my PB last week although I did sneak under 10 once this season as well. Keeping it there will be one of the major goals next season.
    It was a very good year and I enjoyed every round
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ex-mailman View Post
    I retired last July. Got the ok from the wife to sign up for the Am Tour on the Golf Channel. My goal is to win at least one in my flight. I would also like to earn enough points to get to play the National at TPC Sawgrass in the fall!!

On the home front I would like to get my cap back down from where it is now (6) to a (3). Personal best is 67 would like to beat that once. And break par 10 times in the summer. My best so far is 6 sub par rounds in one summer. At my age these may be tall tasks but, heck, what are goals for, anyway!!!

Have fun this summer my Canadian friends!!!
    So what were the results?
    How did you do on the AM Tour?
    Last edited by Break68; 10-25-2010 at 09:56 AM. Reason: typo, I can't type for crap
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

Quote Originally Posted by Break68 View Post
    1. Break 90 again, shot an 89 for first time ever under 90 last summer. Shot an 88 April 19 at Mont Cascade all time PB!
    2. Learn how to hit my clubs again, had swing weight adjusted to specs by Callaway in November. They were all way too high. The joys of OEM clubs. Sold the X-16's to my Dad and bought Callaway X-22's.
    3. Remember to use a strong grip so as not visit the right side all the time...right rough, right side of green, right in the trees...I keep dreaming on this one.
    4. Stay confident in my swing, after 2 eye surgeries, it's all about feel for me. Not so good on his one. Vision has gone to hell in the last month. Handicap has gone from 16.4 to 19.1...
    5. Stay positive, not take my myself or my game too seriously. Check
    6. Have fun, swing easy. Most days, Check.
    7. Play rounds with forum members. Never happened in 2010, always next year...
    8. Enjoy all the great clubs I bought from the forum. Thanks guys. LOL, I sold them all and bought new ones from GT.
    9. Play Mississippi as often as possible this year. Check
    10. Get an eagle.
    10. Not this year.
    Last edited by Break68; 10-25-2010 at 11:49 AM.

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    This year was a story of two halves. The first half was good. The second was miserable. I started the year at 14.6 but I think I may have been higher since as soon as a 9 hole score fell off my cap, it shot up by 2.0 points.

In any case I got it back down to 13.5 and was playing well, until August. From that point on, my game has been a mess in all aspects (except for putting). The cap has steadily risen over the last while to a fantastic 16.9

I have played 5 good rounds out of the last 27, with the rest being blow ups.
    I went from being a short hitter but straight, to a medium hitter and ok, to now a shorter than short and croocked hitter!

Oh well! More opportunities to drop it next year.

Quote Originally Posted by rezadue View Post
    Well, I started last year at nearly 22 and got it down to 14.7

Goals for this year:
    1) Have fun - YES. Lots.
    2) Play relatively pain free - YES and NO
    3) Bring down HDCP down into the 10s - NOOOOOO
    3.5) Break 80 - NOOOOOO
    4) Get an Eagle - NOOOOO
    5) Get an Ace - NOOOOO
    6) Beat Gropper in 51% or more of matches played against him. - NOOOO, but i did beat him a couple of times straight up.
    Last edited by rezadue; 10-25-2010 at 01:52 PM.
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Johnny69 View Post
    Going to try and play as much as my schedule will allow. I've already been told I'll be getting lots of OT this summer with the new job, and with my wife being pregnant, it could be a limited golfing season. I really hope not though. Expectations will be low this year. I'm not going to set any goals, just go out and play.
    Phew, glad I stuck to my guns and didn't set any goals. I'm sure I would have failed miserably.

Pretty sure this is the first time in 4-5 years where I've had more rounds in the 80s than 70s. All aspects of my game has gone down the crapper. The culmination of my season was picking up my ball on the 11th hole during CC and walking off the course. The build up of frustration on the golf course over the last season and a half peaked at that moment.

But on the bright side, from the moment I tee up my first shot of any round I look forward to walking off the 18th green so I can get home to see my little guy.

Do I still get frustrated when I hit poor shots, sure. But I no longer stew and swell on them. I now realize I'm just not that good at the game anymore, hence why I don't play, or even desire to play as much anymore. I'd rather not play than hack it around and shoot 90 or so.

I'm glad to see many did accomplish their lists of goals this year. And for those that didn't, give it another try next year. I'm sure you'll succeed.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Albatross HoganWoods is on a distinguished road HoganWoods's Avatar
    I had 3 goals

1 - Become an 80s shooter. Shot in the 80s maybe 30% of the time - so not quite yet.
    2 - Keep the eagle streak going (had 2 last year) Done - one this year.
    3 - Beat my dad. Beat him twice with putts on 18 both times.

Great season!

Singles Match Play Champ 2010 Ruskie is on a distinguished road
    Well, I didn't set any goals for the year, but I feel like I've accomplished what I wanted anyway

Cap is down another 4 points from 16 to 12.1, third year in a row. 26 at the close of 2007, 21 in 2008. Been shooting in the high to mid 80s a lot this year, with an occasional low-80s round. PB is now an 81.

Swing is getting better, thanks to the lessons I took last year. Didn't take any this year to allow the changes to settle, which they did for the most part. Will definitely go for more next year. Short game and putting have both improved steadily, but still need more work there.

And, of course, winning the OG match play and finishing second in NCGT was the icing on the cake

But, the most important thing is that the game is getting to be a lot more fun now that I can at least guess where the ball might be going

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Good guesses are the key for sure Alex!!
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Golf Guru Gropper is on a distinguished road Gropper's Avatar
    So i think i am done playing for the year, so i thought i would update my goals!

Quote Originally Posted by Gropper View Post
    Well lets see

1. Trash talk Rezadue until he cries like a little girl!! Pretty sure this happened!
    2. Play 50-60 rounds Played 62 as of yesterday!
    3. Repeat as tournment champion at my yearly Lake placid golf trip (3 days, 24 guys, lots of booze!) yep won for the second straight year, was down by 4 shots going into the final round and shot an 80 while hung over!
    4. drop handicap from 10.2 to about 7/8ish, was as low as 7.8 but finished at 8.9 so check!!!
    5. Enjoy each round as much as i can cause when it come right down to it, its only golf! But of course! i have great playing partners who keep me laughing even when the game goes to crap!

Should be a fun year, now lets hope it starts early!

On top of this i had a few other highlights that made it a great year.

2 eagles in one round at Chartier one a par 5 the other a par 4!!

had 65 birdies this year. that just over one per round, played 62 rounds.

Finally got to play Eagles Creek, kanata and Grey Hawk and went on 2 diffrent golf trips to the US.

Its been a great year and can't wait until next year!

Golf Guru Gropper is on a distinguished road Gropper's Avatar
    Oh one more thing, shot a Personal best 76 at Stonebridge with a -1 under 34 on the back!

3 Wood Brewcee is on a distinguished road Brewcee's Avatar
    I set a few goals for myself way back in January, but didn't post on the site. Generally my goals were:

1. Get handicap down to a comfortable single digit. I finished last year with an 9.1. With tomorrow being the last day of handicap season I am sitting at a 6.9, so that was accomplished.

2. Next Goal was to get some coaching/instruction. I am self taught (with lots of help from golf digest), which is great for feel, but awful for consistency. I didn't manage to get to this one, but hoping next spring I can concentrate more on practice and instruction than playing.

3. Establish myself in some OVGA "A" events. After finishing in the top 5 in 2008 B city in distrcit and top 10 in 2009 I didn't play a single OVGA event besides intersectionals in 2010. I changed jobs in June which meant all my saved up vacation was gone and I got married in Sept, which meant I spent a lot of time planning in the months leading up. My plan for next year is to play all "A" field days, Citizen Amateur and "A" city and district, we shall see.

That was about it for me. For 2011 I am thinking of more direct performance goals, such as greens in regulation, fairways hit and putts.

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    I had a really fun year this year but it was a disappointing end. I didn't play for the last 2 weks of the season and now the snow is here I'm suspecting that is that. The end always come so fast and I feel I missed lots of opportunities to play...oh well.
    Reflecting on my goals posted in early march...well lets see...

Quote Originally Posted by goochy View Post
    1. Play as much as possible. Hopefully 40 full rounds Check...played 53 rounds

2. Play with as many new people as possible Met some great people but still hope to meet more

3. Get my index down to 15 Check.(sort of) was down to a 15.7 but finished at 16.1

4. Play a minimum of 7 NCGT events and improve my average score on that tour by 7 strokes minimum. Check...played 9 events with a scoring ave 9.5 strokes better than last year..pretty happy with that

5. Encourage my daughter to try golf with me I tried and she came to the range a couple of times but she's MUCH more into Hockey

6. Be sure to never take golf for granted. Enjoy every round for what it is, savour the course and the company, stay injury free and appreciate how lucky we are.
    I actually think I did those things

Should all be achievable...lol...I think I did pretty well...Roll on next year

Finally got to play with guys from Ottawagolf Forum

Quote:7. Play rounds with forum members. Never happened in 2010, always next year...
    Well it finally happened, I finally got to play with some guys from Ottawagolf.com Forum and I had a great time.Thanks ilovemygolf and two other guys from the forum, I only know them as Tony and Pete, it was a great round and a great time.

Originally Posted by Break68
    1. Break 90 again, shot an 89 for first time ever under 90 last summer. Shot an 88 April 19 at Mont Cascade all time PB!
    2. Learn how to hit my clubs again, had swing weight adjusted to specs by Callaway in November. They were all way too high. The joys of OEM clubs. Sold the X-16's to my Dad and bought Callaway X-22's.
    3. Remember to use a strong grip so as not visit the right side all the time...right rough, right side of green, right in the trees...I keep dreaming on this one.
    4. Stay confident in my swing, after 2 eye surgeries, it's all about feel for me. Not so good on his one. Vision has gone to hell in the last month. Handicap has gone from 16.4 to 19.1...
    5. Stay positive, not take my myself or my game too seriously. Check
    6. Have fun, swing easy. Most days, Check.
    7. Play rounds with forum members. Never happened in 2010, always next year...
    8. Enjoy all the great clubs I bought from the forum. Thanks guys. LOL, I sold them all and bought new ones from GT.
    9. Play Mississippi as often as possible this year. Check
    10. Get an eagle.Not this year.

Playing Winter Rules Swerve is on a distinguished road
    Well, I also didn't publish my goals at the start of the year but I'd say I was about 50/50 on the things I wanted to accomplish this year:

-shoot a new PB - check. shot 69 in August
    -shoot under par - check. see above
    -play in the final group of my club championship - check. finished 3rd with 2 very consistent rounds of 75-74 (except the 4 doubles over 2 rounds... d'oh ). I'd like to say "win my CC" but that isn't quite realistic so I won't count that
    -lower my index. - nope. I actually went up this year due to less time to play with a new kid. Finished the year at 8.9 I think?
    -play in Intersectionals - check... sorta. Was first alternate for my team. We got smoked but i did beat my 3 FCs so that was ok.
    -make the cut in the citizen - nope. Tried, but didn't even get to play as my index wasn't low enough. Still kinda ** about that dude that did get in and shot 121-119 but whatever...
    -make the cut in the Sun Scramble again - nope. This one hurt. My teammate and I set unrealistic scores as the the possible cut and could not get our heads straight when we started to struggle... LAME! LOL
    -play with some people from this board and play in the "ryder cup" vs the T.O. board - nope. There is always next year.
    play some OVGA A class events. nope. But definitely entering as many as possible next year
    take a golf trip - nope. With the new kid here I have missed my annual trip to Myrtle Beach the last 2 years. May be a few more before that one gets checked off again

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Break68 View Post
    Well it finally happened, I finally got to play with some guys from Ottawagolf.com Forum and I had a great time.Thanks ilovemygolf and two other guys from the forum, I only know them as Tony and Pete, it was a great round and a great time.
    This year I've played with:

Leftylucas
    DenisO
    Kilroy
    Hoolio
    GoingLow
    Tigershot
    Ruskie
    Iron Maiden
    Hacker
    JVincent
    MJF