CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Bogie tmacgolf is on a distinguished road tmacgolf's Avatar

What do you buy?

It's getting closer to the new season and as usual, my anticpation of playing is manifesting itself in spending money at various golf stores (it's a disease, I know). I'm just wondering what people like to spend their extra golf budget on? I'm personally pretty happy with my clubs right now (although this winter I have purchased 2 fairway woods and a 56 degree wedge), and as usual will have to pick and choose which clubs to leave in the bag and which ones stay home.
    So I was wondering what people like to buy when they have the funds? Basically, what non-club items do people like to "pick up". I'm leaning towards a clicgear cart, but have always enjoyed carrying my clubs, so am still not sure on that.
    Thoughts?

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    I usually go with small stuff,balls,gloves, tees etc...but i do have an itch to trade irons at this time for some reason.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tmacgolf View Post
    I'm just wondering what people like to spend their extra golf budget on?
    if this imaginary cash existed, i'd buy some really nice golf clothes. shirts pants and shoes. maybe the classic golf look from way back when.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    I like buying the new crop of golf clothes, mostly shirts, some shorts. Socks. Tees, new balls. Some lessons just to get back into it. And if all goes right, might buy some new irons this year if I like the feel of the Callaway Diablo Forged.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    I would say if I had the extra coin, no doubt it would be a Skycaddie SG5. Clothes would be a great choice as well, but if I am looking at something that is going to help my game outside of clubs it would be the Skycaddie

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Good timing. I need to pick up some new wedges because my backup set does not have any wedges.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Bogie tmacgolf is on a distinguished road tmacgolf's Avatar
    I was at Golf Town today and noticed quite a bit of the clothing on sale. I was there to buy some shorts and shirts for my trip to Florida so that was a nice surprise. I also noticed that a lot of the Tiger Wood's line was marked down, but I assume that is unrelated to any of the issues surrounding his personal life. Some pretty nice Adidas stuff on sale as well. I was in Kanata, so I don't know if this is the same at Train Yards. But if you're in the market for some clothes, this might be a good time to go look.

Hybrid Gary Madore is on a distinguished road
    I am still looking to pick up a nice cart bag. Might have to go retail (gasp!) on a C-130... Can't seem to find it in Black and Yellow any more though

I might "need" one of those spanky looking Titleist "Canadian Edition" stand bags too....

As for irons, I'm not buying any time soon: I'm gonna wait until someone gets tired of their AP2s ... heh heh

Cheers!

Gary

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davevandyk View Post
    I would say if I had the extra coin, no doubt it would be a Skycaddie SG5. Clothes would be a great choice as well, but if I am looking at something that is going to help my game outside of clubs it would be the Skycaddie
    Try Ebay - I got one (New) for $290 + $45 (all$US) on a Friday Night last month. It took 9 days to get here by USPS. (I had to pay PST/GST on top but would also pay that at Golftown as well.)

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevek View Post
    Try Ebay - I got one (New) for $290 + $45 (all$US) on a Friday Night last month. It took 9 days to get here by USPS. (I had to pay PST/GST on top but would also pay that at Golftown as well.)

ebay FTW !
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Thread Information