A thriver???

Anybody here plays with a thriver??

http://info.hirekogolf.com/acer/xds/...hriver-driver/

XDS Insider Titanium Thriver Driver

It’s Not a Driver

It’s Not a 3-Wood
    It’s a THRIVER

Arriving January 22, 2010
    If you are missing fairways off the tee on a regular basis, then the Acer XDS Insider Thriver was designed for you. We took the best aspects of a driver and a 3-wood to create the best of both worlds.
    For instance, a driver is approximately 3 times the size of a #3 wood but has a much higher moment of inertia (MOI) making it more forgiving on off-center shots. Plus you have a large confidence-building, thin face that produces a spring-like effect right up to the legal limit for more distance. On the other hand, a 3 wood is more lofted and this cuts down on side spin for straighter shots, plus the shorter length enables you to have more control.
    Why not just cut down your driver? It would be too light to effectively control. The Acer XDS Insider Thriver club head weighs a full 10g more than a normal driver to allow for a shorter, more controllable length that now has the proper amount of club weight. Plus we placed this added weight in a strategic location to produce an even higher MOI. Combine the higher loft (14º) of a stronger lofted #3 fairway wood and what you now have is the ultimate in control off of the tee.
    The head shape and contour on the crown was specifically designed to encourage one to swing the driver on an inside-out swing path. Plus the XDS Insider’s internal weighting creates a draw enhancing ball flight on center impact. The masking on the crown using our exclusive Square Optical
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Shotmaker bNeill is on a distinguished road bNeill's Avatar
    or you know, tee it up an inch lower

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bNeill View Post
    or you know, tee it up an inch lower
    Granted but this combination is much more forgiving(off center hits-confidence factor-and low/high hits off the face) and you can make it 44 inches long.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I have played XDS 3 wood and it was the longest wood I ever had. I got rid of it because it was too stiff a shaft back then and I then got sucked into buying an OEM 3 wood.

I remember it because it provided me with the chance to putt for my first eagle ever. I hit a 265yd 3wood to the green on Tecumseh #7 and sunk the putt, how can I forget the club I used for that!!
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Scratch Player byerxa is on a distinguished road byerxa's Avatar
    I put together a 13* 450cc driver, weighted the head up to around 208g, and put in a UST iRod fairway wood shaft I had laying around. Ended up around D0 at just shy of 44" FL. A very effective club in keeping the ball in play. My SS is ~95-100mph with the driver so on good days it was probably 10 yards shorter than my "optimal" driver (10-11*) with the odd balloon ball flight. But on days where I'd get quick and steep with my swing the 13* "thriver" was indeed helpful in keeping the ball in the play.
    I don't have an ulcer - I am just a carrier.

Thread Information