100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivas Irons View Post
    I will say that he was sinking in the 'damned if I do , damned if I don't' boat.
    Whether he gives a televised press conference apology or not, he gets lambasted.

Speaking of self-serving individuals, I did think Miceli was way over the top in his rant. Where did this guy come from, does he even golf?
    Have you ever seen his show on Golf Channel? Again, the guy is an idiot.
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Golf Nut Bullet is on a distinguished road Bullet's Avatar
    His tone of voice totally changes, when he talks about his wife assaulting him, Media following his kids to school and when he uses his wifes name, familly and friends. True emotion there...

I give him a score of 100% for taking full responsability for his actions, not looking for excuses or blaming any outside circumstances...

He does have the very very best PR peoples money can buy obviously. So only his future actions will prove how honest he was today.
    Bad days golf, better then a good days work!

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet View Post
    He does have the very very best PR peoples money can buy obviously. So only his future actions will prove how honest he was today.
    I have questioned Woods' timing of his statement and his general conduct in the past but I thought todays statement was a definate step in the right direction to return and redemption...and, as I stated before, a more open Tiger Woods that I.m really hoping will emerge.

I'm not sure what more he could have done today and he certainly sounded sincere to my ear.

I do not, however, agree that he has the "very very best" PR people. I think in many issues he has been poorly advised and many experts agree.

Caddy knickers is on a distinguished road knickers's Avatar
    I think www.ashleymadison.com should seriously think about becoming one of his main sponsers when he comes back.
    I really hope he comes back and is the same player he was. Other then that its none of my buisness.

Bogie mikelaurin is on a distinguished road
    Tiger opens his mouth a bunch of lies fall out ,who cares

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goochy View Post
    I do not, however, agree that he has the "very very best" PR people. I think in many issues he has been poorly advised and many experts agree.
    The assumption you are making is that he was actually doing what they were telling him to do.

They are, after all, his employees so if he tells them that he doesn't want to make any statements then there isn't much they can do.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    I only caught a part of the speech, but I kinda liked it. Was it robotic? Absolutely! But Tiger's not exact the Chad Johnson of golf personalities.

He cheated on his wife MANY times... then lied to try and cover it up. Sadly in N. America we all know the %... his situation isn't exactly rare. But he did show a change of emotion (very minimal) when talking about his wife and family, which is good.

I don't really think Tiger owes us anything, just to the people in his personal life. My honest opinion is the guy knew what he was doing was wrong, but as soon as he got caught, he finally understood what he would lose. Then we all saw how he has tried to deal with it.. poorly, but we all probably would.

I would love to see him back ASAP, but I understand that he should wait until his house is in order, 'happy wife, happy life'. When he comes back, I'll be happy to watch him, but not the same way.

Got My Card btasse is on a distinguished road btasse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Sounded pretty heartfelt to me, what the hell do you people want from the guy? Tell me if you can come up with something that makes sense or is nothing he does going to stop the slander? Christ some of the holier than thou attitudes on this board make me ing sick.
    Life might be easier for you if you were a Buddhist like Tiger........ "Christ" would not be in the picture.....
    Golfing only thing on my mind.......

This from the press......

David Hinckley, in the New York Daily News, was unconvinced: "Prisoners of war reading prepared denunciations of Western imperialism look more comfortable than Tiger Woods did Friday, apologizing for his 'selfish and irresponsible' behavior. Never relaxed and easygoing in front of a TV camera in the best of times, Woods was a man saying the right things out loud while everything about his demeanor was silently screaming, 'I don't want to be here.' His eyes occasionally moving around the room as he worked to enunciate his scripted remarks clearly, Woods looked like a man who had caught his leg in a bear trap."

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by btasse View Post

David Hinckley, in the New York Daily News, was unconvinced: "Prisoners of war reading prepared denunciations of Western imperialism look more comfortable than Tiger Woods did Friday, apologizing for his 'selfish and irresponsible' behavior. Never relaxed and easygoing in front of a TV camera in the best of times, Woods was a man saying the right things out loud while everything about his demeanor was silently screaming, 'I don't want to be here.' His eyes occasionally moving around the room as he worked to enunciate his scripted remarks clearly, Woods looked like a man who had caught his leg in a bear trap."
    Would you be comfortable doing what he did today? He's probably the mentally strongest golfer, if not athlete, of all-time. I'm sure he drew on those steely nerves today to get through this. I'm not sure if he looked so robotic as he did uncomfortable. I know I wouldn't want to be standing in front of a room of personal friends and colleagues, and knowing millions are watching, to apologize and admit to all my faults. Now we just have to wait and see if he can get his life in order.

BTW, I don't know if anyone noticed, but when the camera angle changed and Tiger's mom was always in the picture, did you see how upset/angry she looked???

You can tell she's very disappointed in her son.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Johnny69 View Post
    Would you be comfortable doing what he did today? He's probably the mentally strongest golfer, if not athlete, of all-time. I'm sure he drew on those steely nerves today to get through this. I'm not sure if he looked so robotic as he did uncomfortable. I know I wouldn't want to be standing in front of a room of personal friends and colleagues, and knowing millions are watching, to apologize and admit to all my faults. Now we just have to wait and see if he can get his life in order.

BTW, I don't know if anyone noticed, but when the camera angle changed and Tiger's mom was always in the picture, did you see how upset/angry she looked???

You can tell she's very disappointed in her son.
    You're right, she was **. There was nothing worse than disappointing my mother. Man she could let me know how wrong I was with just one look. Tiger's Mom had a thousand of those looks for Tiger today.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Jack View Post
    You're right, she was **. There was nothing worse than disappointing my mother. Man she could let me know how wrong I was with just one look. Tiger's Mom had a thousand of those looks for Tiger today.
    Once the camera angle changed so you could see her, she didn't even look at him for most of what he had left to say. She didn't even look to thrilled to hug him afterwards.....
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Quote Originally Posted by btasse View Post

I have never heard of David Hinckley, but he writes for the Daily News, so consider the source.

David Hinckley has never heard of me either.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Sounded pretty heartfelt to me, what the hell do you people want from the guy? Tell me if you can come up with something that makes sense or is nothing he does going to stop the slander? Christ some of the holier than thou attitudes on this board make me ing sick.
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

3 Wood Slicer&Dicer is on a distinguished road
    Tiger could have held this announcement or whatever you want to call it, anywhere but he wanted a place where the access was completely controlled so that no one would speak to him, no one would heckle him, etc. Sounds like the usual Tiger, not giving much but asking for everything in return.

Hey Kilroy, I just forgot who this Tiger was when at the bottom of my screen I see it states the thread Calabogie opening March 20 BUT then I realized the date was from 2009. Could you maybe pull a "Tiger" on us and change the date to 2010 to lie to us, just a little? P.S. I am just kidding, it's coming....

I just wish the Tiger Golf Channel would give him a rest, stop showing all his past glories like no one else ever won anything important, give me a break.

What Tiger is really sorry for is his dumb behaviour that got him caught. He should have quoted Phil, "I am such an idiot", at least Phil didn't wait three months, lol..

Golf Nut Bullet is on a distinguished road Bullet's Avatar
    Well he is a multy billion dollar asset to many... if he doesn't have the best PR people (that must also follow his beliefs) working for him in this case... then he would be taking a finacial risk for his partners and sponsors...

yet I also feel that he did have a huge word to say in what way he was to present the situation today. He accepted and publicly did put out some statements that could hurt him in marital courts if his wife foes in that direction. Didn't leave himslef much defence and that I must say has to be a stand up decisions/action from his part...

Never needed to bring up the assault suspicions to the public... if he wanted to be an ... he could have kept that for a defence when the time came... He has given his wife every card she could possibly have to hang him out to dry... to me that alone says much about the man and his remorst
    Bad days golf, better then a good days work!

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Too many ridiculous posts in here to comment on all of them, but i'll make a few remarks:

Yes, there is a distinction to be made between Tiger and his family, and regardless of what he has done wrong, he is still justified in defending their (his wife and children's) right to privacy. Regardless of how interesting they may now be to the media, they are no more fair game now than they were 4 months ago.

As Hinkley said, Tiger is never relaxed in front of the camera at the best of times. I fail to see how he expects the man to be MORE relaxed when he is making the most embarrasing statement he will ever have to make. It's not supposed to be comfortable. It's supposed to be extremely uncomfortable. If he had looked like it was a walk in the park, then I would be worried.

As for the timing/motivation for the press conference. Well, Tiger addressed the timing. And, lets be honest, there was no way that he could get away without making a public apology. That's just the reality of the situation, and the way our media works. That's not his fault, and its not about being self serving. It's about dealing with a necessary step in his return to public life and golf, and doing so in a relatively circus-free environment

People say it was too controlled...not a proper press conference. Have you ever watched one of these news conferences before? NO matter how many press are there, its always the same formula - statement from the individual, then walk off stage...no questions.

To those who question his sincerity...well, I'll guess we'll never know. But many of the people who have responded to this thread clearly have no real interest in what he does or does not feel. They really just want to rip on him either way. It wouldn't have mattered what he said, or how he said it, it wouldn't have been enough for you. And, you are entitled to that opinion, as he has done some terrible things. But, there's no reason to pretend that you're approaching this with an open mind. You made your judgements long ago, and they're not changing, so don't pretend otherwise. Get off your high horses and move on.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    Too many ridiculous posts in here to comment on all of them, but i'll make a few remarks:

Yes, there is a distinction to be made between Tiger and his family, and regardless of what he has done wrong, he is still justified in defending their (his wife and children's) right to privacy. Regardless of how interesting they may now be to the media, they are no more fair game now than they were 4 months ago.

As Hinkley said, Tiger is never relaxed in front of the camera at the best of times. I fail to see how he expects the man to be MORE relaxed when he is making the most embarrasing statement he will ever have to make. It's not supposed to be comfortable. It's supposed to be extremely uncomfortable. If he had looked like it was a walk in the park, then I would be worried.

As for the timing/motivation for the press conference. Well, Tiger addressed the timing. And, lets be honest, there was no way that he could get away without making a public apology. That's just the reality of the situation, and the way our media works. That's not his fault, and its not about being self serving. It's about dealing with a necessary step in his return to public life and golf, and doing so in a relatively circus-free environment

People say it was too controlled...not a proper press conference. Have you ever watched one of these news conferences before? NO matter how many press are there, its always the same formula - statement from the individual, then walk off stage...no questions.

To those who question his sincerity...well, I'll guess we'll never know. But many of the people who have responded to this thread clearly have no real interest in what he does or does not feel. They really just want to rip on him either way. It wouldn't have mattered what he said, or how he said it, it wouldn't have been enough for you. And, you are entitled to that opinion, as he has done some terrible things. But, there's no reason to pretend that you're approaching this with an open mind. You made your judgements long ago, and they're not changing, so don't pretend otherwise. Get off your high horses and move on.
    Well said Jon.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    The only words that came from Tiger's heart were those asking for his family to be left alone, and the few moments his speech pattern sped up. The rest of the time, I wish he just read from the damned script and got it over with in 7 minutes instead of 13.5 due to his forgetting the words and/or his place in the speech. Then again, it looked like his speaking notes included some key "when talking about your family and/or fans, look directly into Camera 1" direction. Obviously rehearsed over a dozen times into another camera and played back to him to discuss what he should do here, there, etc. And to make it worse, that hug at the end was the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen.

At least Tiger has set himself up nicely for a political career after his golfing days are over. Get all of the scandal out of the way before you run for office!

Fally
    aka Scott
    Twitter: @Scott_Fally
    "The finest people in the world...are golfers." -- Ben Hogan

Putter tigerstheman is on a distinguished road
    Tiger should of just come out and said "look, i f* up and Im sorry to those people I hurt, I am going to work on my family issues and my golf...." Thats all he needed to say and not stand there and read a script someone else wrote for him on his yacht. That speech was the biggest waste of 15 minutes in my life.

If anyone thinks that this TV apology will put an end to what Tiger did think again. It will take just one of the 20+ women that he had an affair with to make a money deal with someone and bring all the nasty details of what when on. This thing is not over by a longshot.

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Yep. Book deals for sure.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

i feel sorry for the losers who will buy those books.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

I can guarantee that I will never read a single one. Trash.

An interesting read in the Globe and Mail from the other day...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/...rticle1473474/
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

i dont think sex addiction is a 'disorder', sorry. the two biggest instincts in any animal is self preservation and sex. so if you're not thinking about sex every day of your life there is something wrong with you.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    i dont think sex addiction is a 'disorder', sorry. the two biggest instincts in any animal is self preservation and sex. so if you're not thinking about sex every day of your life there is something wrong with you.
    Perhaps, but the difference lies between how we deal with those thoughts. And if we deal with each of those thoughts compulsively and without regard for others, then there has to be something psychological going on. If not, then all of us would be self destructive fools.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Putter tigerstheman is on a distinguished road
    Neither does a lion.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Jack View Post
    Perhaps, but the difference lies between how we deal with those thoughts. And if we deal with each of those thoughts compulsively and without regard for others, then there has to be something psychological going on. If not, then all of us would be self destructive fools.

Give me a break. It's morality, that's what's wrong.

Thread Information