CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Got My Card btasse is on a distinguished road btasse's Avatar

So not everyone happy.......

Golfing only thing on my mind.......

Wannamaker mjf is on a distinguished road mjf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gropper View Post
    The only question i would as then is do you have kids? if you do then i think you would know how angry you would get when someone is bothering them or attacking them.

Its a whole new ball game when some one goes after your family as apposed to you.
    While I agree that his family should not be harrassed because they didn't do anything to deserve it... maybe Tiger should have thought about that before he decided to "transgress".

5 Wood leafseh is on a distinguished road leafseh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Colby View Post
    He was sniffling as he walked away from the mike. I think that there might have been some tears when they moved the camera away from a direct view.

From the sounds of it, he is headed back into therapy, so he may be heading there today for a while (back into seclusion) and he needed to quash all the rumours of when he may be returning. It may also be part of the therapy program.
    He is headed back to therapy starting tomorrow, hence why he couldn't wait until Monday, Tuesday etc..

I agree with the part that it might be a part of his program. There are certain steps taken in therapy. This could be one of them.

This wasn't a ''hey I went and did my therapy, please forgive me, I'll be back on the course next week''.... I think it was sincere (even if it was scripted). The only way to know for sure is to wait and see what he'll be like once his whole treatment is completed.

I think we might see a more focused, yet more approachable Tiger when he returns. This guy has been so guarded all his life... the only way for him to change for the better is to start letting people ''in''. I think he realizes this and he admitted it in his speech when he reached out and asked his friends for their help.
    Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Lob Wedge golfchick09 is on a distinguished road golfchick09's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gropper View Post
    The only question i would as then is do you have kids? if you do then i think you would know how angry you would get when someone is bothering them or attacking them.

Its a whole new ball game when some one goes after your family as apposed to you.
    Yes, I have 3 kids and you are right the gloves come off where they are concerned. HOWEVER, he should have thought of that and how his actions would affect them. He is the bad guy here and is trying to deflect! He does not get to judge anyone's actions as his own actions are the reason for the problem.

Golf Guru Gropper is on a distinguished road Gropper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjf View Post
    While I agree that his family should not be harrassed because they didn't do anything to deserve it... maybe Tiger should have thought about that before he decided to "transgress".

Agreed on that point but i didnt know how protective i would be until i have had my 2 children. I get were the anger comes from when it comes to looking after your kids. Thats will get anyones back up ill regardless of what you have done.

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivas Irons View Post
    I didn't watch, but started to listen to the feed from Team1200 - 5 minutes of his blathering is about all I could take...what an ultramaroon.
    Wow, really? So what exactly did you expect? I watched it, and it was heartfelt.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Quote Originally Posted by golfchick09 View Post
    Yes, I have 3 kids and you are right the gloves come off where they are concerned. HOWEVER, he should have thought of that and how his actions would affect them. He is the bad guy here and is trying to deflect! He does not get to judge anyone's actions as his own actions are the reason for the problem.
    I disagree... I think he realizes that his actions directly affect his kids and because of that, he has respectfully asked the media to leave his family be and to come after him, and him alone.

Yes he should of that of that beforehand, but I think he has a right (a duty as a father), to ask them to stay away from his wife and kids.

That was yesterday.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Quote Originally Posted by mjf View Post
    Geez. Monday-morning quarterbacking is so bloody easy...
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Give me a break... he didn't try to deflect anything. He owned it, 100 percent. He must have said he was the only one to blame at least a half dozen times.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Sounded pretty heartfelt to me, what the hell do you people want from the guy? Tell me if you can come up with something that makes sense or is nothing he does going to stop the slander? Christ some of the holier than thou attitudes on this board make me ing sick.

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Jack View Post
    That was yesterday.
    Alex Miceli is an idiot. I can’t stand that guy. He is right about the timing for this conference but his comments go too far. He just likes to here himself talk. I can’t watch any of his shows.
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Quote Originally Posted by leafseh View Post
    I disagree... I think he realizes that his actions directly affect his kids and because of that, he has respectfully asked the media to leave his family be and to come after him, and him alone.

Yes he should of that of that beforehand, but I think he has a right (a duty as a father), to ask them to stay away from his wife and kids.

I agree he can respectfully ask, but he did not (in my opinion) do that, he got angry and was aggressive in his manner. He wants to make amends with everyone, he needs to media to do that, so alienating them may not be the route to go.

As we are focusing on this item, seems he was successful in deflecting the actual issue!

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Sounded pretty heartfelt to me, what the hell do you people want from the guy? Tell me if you can come up with something that makes sense or is nothing he does going to stop the slander? Christ some of the holier than thou attitudes on this board make me ing sick.

I agree he can respectfully ask, but he did not (in my opinion) do that, he got angry and was aggressive in his manner. He wants to make amends with everyone, he needs to media to do that, so alienating them may not be the route to go.

As we are focusing on this item, seems he was successful in deflecting the actual issue!
    He does not need the media for that. If he comes back and ignores the media while dominating the game like never before, the media will be on there knees for him to forgive them. The news conference was calculated. Stop the rumors. Now the public know what is going on. The media can speculate like they want.

I'd be asking the media to back off my family too - he is the one who did the damage.

Way to take 20 seconds out of a 15 minute apology and make it the sole focus of your opinion.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Quote Originally Posted by mberube View Post
    Alex Miceli is an idiot. I can’t stand that guy. He is right about the timing for this conference but his comments go too far. He just likes to here himself talk. I can’t watch any of his shows.
    Agreed, Miceli is a hack.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Agreed. Tiger owned it, and while it may have been a few months late for people, spending 45 days in rehab tends to get in the way of ones access to media channels.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Timing is amusing, any chance that Tiger is worried about losing his endorsement opportunities to all those Olympic gold medal winners!

3 Wood Slicer&Dicer is on a distinguished road
    He thinks that asking, demanding the media to leave his family alone will be taken seriously, then he needs a lot more therapy. Tiger is not in a position to ask/demand anything of the media as soon as he realizes that the better off he will be, his family will be hounded for the next forseeable future (note it's not right for the media to do it but they will and the wife and kids can thank him for it). Notice how most of the time he spent apologizing to others instead of his wife, kids and Mom. He indeed acknowledged some of the hurt he caused them but it was not the man focus of his speech. Too bad the main camera crapped out, I thought we heard his sniffle at the end, maybe there was a tear? Someone here was donating $20 to Ottawagolf.com is a tear was seen, now we may not know.

Timing is amusing, any chance that Tiger is worried about losing his endorsement opportunities to all those Olympic gold medal winners!
    He gets a week break from his therapy and now he's headed right back into treatment tomorrow.... I don't think he had much choice when it comes to timing.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Sounded pretty heartfelt to me, what the hell do you people want from the guy?
    To watch him hit 350 yard drives, pure 3-irons that drop like they have a parachute, and drain 30 foot clutch putts. Other than that, nothing.

Tell me if you can come up with something that makes sense or is nothing he does going to stop the slander? Christ some of the holier than thou attitudes on this board make me ing sick.
    The only person (other than media hacks) who benefits from this 'press conference' is Tiger himself. It serves no other purpose.
    Quite frankly, I feel everything that comes out of Tigers mouth is rehearsed and contrived. He should shut his pie-hole and play golf.
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

To watch him hit 350 yard drives, 3-irons that drop like they have a parachute, and 30 foot clutch putts. Other than that, nothing.

The only person (other than media hacks) who benefits from this 'press conference' is Tiger himself. It serves no other purpose.
    Quite frankly, I feel everything that comes out of Tigers mouth is rehearsed and contrived. He should shut his pie-hole and play golf.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    I just got an email from pga.com letting me know that tiger is sorry.
    Andrew

3 Wood Slicer&Dicer is on a distinguished road
    Humble Pie, whether sincere or not looks good on him.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    I just got an email from pga.com letting me know that tiger is sorry.
    Phew! Now we can all go back to our lives.

To watch him hit 350 yard drives, pure 3-irons that drop like they have a parachute, and drain 30 foot clutch putts. Other than that, nothing.

Wow. So Tiger does what everyone has wanted him to do for the past three months and you're ripping him for it and say it's self serving. Ok. Be sure to remember that next time you apologize for something and ask for help.

Tiger's apology today is step 9 in the 12 step process, but that probably means very little to some folks based on the comments here.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

So Tiger does what everyone has wanted him to do for the past three months and you're ripping him for it
    Au contraire mon ami, I have had no desire for him to have press conference to hear an apology. He doesn't owe me an apology, he owes his family, friends, and sponsors an apology. Doing so via a controlled, televised statement where you refuse to answer questions is IMO definitely self-serving.

Tiger's apology today is step 9 in the 12 step process,.
    Step 9 is to have a televised media spectacle so you can issue an apology? Really?

probably means very little to some folks based on the comments here.
    Agreed.
    His step 9 apology means nothing to me, what I would have liked to hear is when he's is planning on returning.

Au contraire mon ami, I have had no desire for him to have press conference to hear an apology. He doesn't owe me an apology, he owes his family, friends, and sponsors an apology. Doing so via a controlled, televised statement where you refuse to answer questions is IMO definitely self-serving.

Step 9 is to have a televised media spectacle so you can issue an apology? Really?

Agreed.
    His step 9 apology means nothing to me, what I would have liked to hear is when he's is planning on returning.
    Interesting, I see where you're coming from. You're in the great minority of folks then who feel they didn't need an explanation, and I admire that.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Interesting, I see where you're coming from. You're in the great minority of folks then who feel they didn't need an explanation, and I admire that.
    I will say that he was sinking in the 'damned if I do , damned if I don't' boat.
    Whether he gives a televised press conference apology or not, he gets lambasted.

Speaking of self-serving individuals, I did think Miceli was way over the top in his rant. Where did this guy come from, does he even golf?

Thread Information