100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Golf Guru Gropper is on a distinguished road Gropper's Avatar

Tiger news confrence 11ET friday

Looks like he's comming back soon. Reza sent me a text about this and PGAtour.com has confirm he will be hold a news confrence Friday at 11 ET!
    Last edited by Gropper; 02-17-2010 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Give Reza his props for hearing this first!

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Woohooo can't wait for him to come back!

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    I wouldn't be so sure that this indicates he is coming back soon.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Well hopefully we will at least know what the status of his future in golf is.

yeah they are saying Tavistock Cup, and i would agree as it would be a very controled enviroment for him as only members of the 2 gated communites and some friends. Runs on March 22nd.

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    Good time for him to be having his conference. Right in the middle of Olympics and Accenture matchplay....
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

Here is what his agent said about the timing

The news conference will be held during the Accenture Match Play Championship in Arizona, which is sure to steal attention away from the first big event of the year. Accenture was the first sponsor to drop Woods when he became embroiled in a sex scandal.
    "It was a matter of timing," Steinberg said.
    When asked if the news conference could have waited until after Accenture's tournament, he replied, "No."

So who knows why

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    hmmm what station will be covering it?
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Golf channel form the sounds of it

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    Golf Channel just reported that it will not be a conference. Tiger will be speaking to a small group of friends, colleagues and close associates and one camera is allowe to be in there to videotape. No questions asked or answered!!!
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

Yeah but it will still be a live feed to all the news stations....they just wont have there own cameras there.

3 Wood Slicer&Dicer is on a distinguished road
    Actually the Golf Channel just announced that it is 10:30 AM on Friday , not 11, but of course these kind of things rarely start on time.

No one knows what he will state, he might just want to cry with his closest friends first before facing any media directly.

I suspect after this he will try to avoid questions relating to the situation, which will be impossible.

Typical Tiger.

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    I never thought I'd be more sick of Tiger coverage off the golf course then I was on the golf course. Press/networks' fault of course.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicer&Dicer View Post
    Actually the Golf Channel just announced that it is 10:30 AM on Friday , not 11, but of course these kind of things rarely start on time.

No one knows what he will state, he might just want to cry with his closest friends first before facing any media directly.

I suspect after this he will try to avoid questions relating to the situation, which will be impossible.

Typical Tiger.
    It's at 11. Golf Channel is doing a 'pregame' show. Ugh.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Apparently his scheduled return is to play the inter-course Tavistock Cup tourney, then off to Augusta.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Some speculation that he may play Bay Hill as well. Time will tell.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

My prediction is that he will apologize to everyone and confirm that he is skipping the Masters.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
    My prediction is that he will apologize to everyone and confirm that he is skipping the Masters.
    I don't know, seems like he's arranging photo ops now.

http://www.weiunderpar.com/post/395545759/see-tiger-run

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    confirm that he is skipping the Masters.
    Not unless he's retiring completely.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Skipping the Masters would be the BEST thing he could do for his image and if his handlers haven't suggested he do it then every last one of them needs to be fired.

He's going to be able to play the Masters forever so giving up one shot at a major is no big deal from a golf perspective.

However, from a PR perspective he gets to say that he is "committed" to fixing his marriage as shown by his decision to skip the Masters. All the Tiger-sheeple will eat this up. Then he can go to the US Open and British, at courses he likes and plays well at, without having to dodge as many questions about his commitment to his family.

Uber Poster Paulio is on a distinguished road Paulio's Avatar
    I completely agree.

Skipping the Masters would be the BEST thing he could do for his image and if his handlers haven't suggested he do it then every last one of them needs to be fired.

He's going to be able to play the Masters forever so giving up one shot at a major is no big deal from a golf perspective.

However, from a PR perspective he gets to say that he is "committed" to fixing his marriage as shown by his decision to skip the Masters. All the Tiger-sheeple will eat this up. Then he can go to the US Open and British, at courses he likes and plays well at, without having to dodge as many questions about his commitment to his family.
    My name is Paul. And I'm a golfaholic.

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Skipping the Masters would be retarded and moronic as it is one his favourite venues, controlled access in terms of media, questions, and audiences,and a virtual hideaway if he choses. tavistock cup and then Masters is the right re-entry back to golf.

All that being said, who knows what he will say Friday but it better be the right thing.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

The Masters is always crawling with media so that arguement doesn't fly.

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    I see that he plans to "apologize." To whom? His wife, perhaps, but she is the only one that needs or deserves one (if his kids were older, I suppose they'd get one too). Anybody else who thinks they need to see Tiger apologize is way too caught up in how they "feel" relative to the news of Tiger's infidelity, and thus unable to grasp that it's none of their freaking business.

Now...on to what Tiger may say. It'll make me sick to my stomach if he lays out a defense of "sex addiction." Like that's what it really is...an addiction. Please. He like to get laid, period. Is that so hard to understand? Might not be the morally righteous thing to do with a wife and kids, but think of it this way - if he was single, he'd be called a stud by journalists off the record, but in their columns they'd call him a playboy. Alas, he is married, and therefore the scum of the earth.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar

I disagree. From a PR perspective, the best thing he can do is come back and win tourneys. He hasn't cheated with 1 woman....the "making himself look like a committed family man" schtick isn't going to fool anyone. Too much is known for him to have any chance of restoring his past image. He needs to just come back and do what he does best. The sooner he does that, the sooner people will be able to start focusing on his golf, rather than his personal life.

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Media yes, tabloid media ( the ones who pester and false report and are a genuine pain ) no.

The Masters is always crawling with media so that arguement doesn't fly.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    I disagree. From a PR perspective, the best thing he can do is come back and win tourneys. He hasn't cheated with 1 woman....the "making himself look like a committed family man" schtick isn't going to fool anyone. Too much is known for him to have any chance of restoring his past image.
    A lot depends on what image they want to portray going forward since that will affect which companies want to use him as a sponsor.

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    TMZ has a pic of him jogging today.
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    I was really hoping that when Tiger returned it would herald a "new" Tiger era. I have always thought of him as an incredible golfer (obviously) but long before this scandal broke I have found it hard to warm to him as a personality.
    Like I said I really hoped that after all this we might see a new Tiger, somewhat more open, giving of himself, less stagemanaged, more warm, more humble, dare I say, more human.
    I hope this might still happpen but this first appearance is disappointing for me. An ultra-stagemanaged, one camera only, no questions allowed "statement". Worst yet, it is timed, with maximum petulance and spoiled bratness, right in the middle of Accenture's big golf week...no coincidence surely. Whatever he has to say (and I mean whatever) could surely have waited till Monday.

Thread Information