100 Holes of Hope
Closed Thread
    Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar

Cool LH Set of Wilson Staff Di5 Irons (3-PW)

I have for sale a set of Wilson Staff Di5 Irons, they consist of the following:
    • 3-PW
    • True Temper Shafts
    • Regular flex
    • Golf Pride Stock Grips
    I would rate these easily 9/10.

Asking $175.00
    Last edited by BogeyGolf; 02-11-2010 at 10:06 PM.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Pics have been added.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I just switched to Wilsons and these are nice sticks, under rated but very good.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    I just switched to Wilsons and these are nice sticks, under rated but very good.
    J.L, you turn coat ! No more praising of the all mighty Callaway brand ! What up with that !

I was beginning to wonder if you had drank the Kool- Aid. I guess not.

Good luck with the Wilsons

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Hi Les, I loved my Callaways but they are so darn forgiving that I could not get much feedback on iron shots. These Wilsons are also forgiving but have great feedback. I could not work the ball as well with the Callys but then again maybe that was good !!! I took lessons late last year and I am hoping that with these I will be able to improve but who knows. I am not turning on Callaway, I have been back and forth with them in the past, I may be back. The Wilson Staff are very nice I must say, I cannot wait to see what they are like after a few games outside.
    Last edited by leftylucas; 03-09-2010 at 09:25 AM.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Let's move these...last price drop... Now $150.00

1 Iron infinity13 is on a distinguished road infinity13's Avatar
    I am interested in these. Just a general question, how workable are these?

I am not sure how workable they are. as I barely used them. I am hoping leftylucas can chime in on this ,as he has a similar set, and would be able to answer your question better.

These are a more forgiving set of irons made for longer shots, I would assume they are workable but that is not their main characteristic. These are made to hit long and straight, who wants that??

Wilson describes these as:

With a unique cavity undercut and heel notch, and top-line width progressively increasing from the short irons to the long irons, weight is gradually shifted away from the face, improving perimeter weighting and forgiveness. A sizeable high COR thin face reinforced with a lightweight carbon weave support, as well as an increasing offset, helps players square the club at impact. The result is an improved feel and longer, straighter shots.

SWEET SPOT
    With a low density carbon weave support, the Di5 features a thin, high COR face to provide a generous sweet spot in a conventional head size.

WEIGHT SHIFT
    Weight in the Di5 is moved from the heel area in the short irons to a lower, deeper position in the long irons where the weight is needed for maximum forgiveness and higher trajectories

In my opinion I had X-14s which are huge irons made for the ultimate forgiveness and I was still able to fade and draw the ball. I think the Di5s will also allow you to work the ball effectively, who knows, hitting them straight might work too!
    Last edited by leftylucas; 03-09-2010 at 09:26 AM.
    Lefty Lucas

Hello, I just remembered that the Pitching Wedge has a True Temper R300 shaft, The rest have Wilson Staff Taper Tech Regular steel shafts by True Temper.

Bump....

Art

Call me

interested in clubs...would like to see them. Call me at 731-8016. Thanks Art

Putter soccergolf is on a distinguished road
    Very interested in clubs if still available. Sent you a direct message.
    Cheers

PM replied too.

SOLD, lock it up...

Thread Information