CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Open shoulders

Golf Nut nice_lag is on a distinguished road

Open shoulders

Well it has finally hit me. After a few weeks of driving the ball very nicely, the long fade squeeked in and annoyingly the slice has followed. I've noticed that my shoulders are opened which isn't good. The problem is that I can't remember how it was when I was driving nicely....

How can I make sure that I get my shoulders straight (aside from putting a club to my shoulders, which makes me realize it.. I already know!!!)? Any drills?? Any hints on stance? Would placing my ball a bit more inside help? (currently half an inch inside left heel; that's obviously with the driver).

Trajectory with irons is normally a nice little draw but when things go wrong, they stay straight or have a weak fade.

Thanks guys.
    Last edited by nice_lag; 07-09-2004 at 11:22 AM. Reason: More info
    nice_lag
    Almonte

Shagging Balls upanddown is on a distinguished road upanddown's Avatar
    sounds like that tendency to wanna 'hit' the ball is creeping in. picture a string joining your front shoulder and the ball, abnd you don't want the string to bend or lift during the swing. keep your upper body very quiet and trust the loft of the club to get the ball airborn. GL

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nice_lag
    Well it has finally hit me. After a few weeks of driving the ball very nicely, the long fade squeeked in and annoyingly the slice has followed. I've noticed that my shoulders are opened which isn't good. The problem is that I can't remember how it was when I was driving nicely....

How can I make sure that I get my shoulders straight (aside from putting a club to my shoulders, which makes me realize it.. I already know!!!)? Any drills?? Any hints on stance? Would placing my ball a bit more inside help? (currently half an inch inside left heel; that's obviously with the driver).

Trajectory with irons is normally a nice little draw but when things go wrong, they stay straight or have a weak fade.

Thanks guys.
    Sorry Seb. That's my fault. I told you not to watch my swing.

p.s. Still dreaming about that 5-wood on the 9th at Trillium. Helluva shot my friend.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Golf Nut nice_lag is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge
    Sorry Seb. That's my fault. I told you not to watch my swing.

p.s. Still dreaming about that 5-wood on the 9th at Trillium. Helluva shot my friend.
    Well it's partially cured... Just have to work at it a little more... As for that 5-wood shot, I'm glad that you enjoyed it. It was a good time.
    nice_lag
    Almonte

Singles Match Play Champ 2010 Ruskie is on a distinguished road
    A pro gave me this tip: you should be able to see both your shoulders with peripheral vision. If you do - they're most likely square.

Krolik.

Thread Information