+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Caddy golfun is on a distinguished road
    Driving Range

According to- http://www.cybergolf.com/golf_news/t..._for_this_week

Dancin Dogg supplied golf simulators for a Long Drive Contest at the show.
    They must have had some kind of driving range software for it don't you think?

Sand Wedge mtgolf is on a distinguished road
    hmm...they could also put people on practice zone on a par4 or on "long island" black on a selected par5 hole.

I would think they wouldn't put an untested product out in an exhibition. And I would hope they wouldn't put it out there without releasing it to us first!!

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Interested in your testing with the radar. I have tested with the vector and find the dd simulation quite accurate. To get the ball speed and the swing speed together with the radar you need 2 radars and a ball sheild. Otherwise you can measure either the swing speed or the ball speed but not both, I think. Anyways getting the swing speed comparison with the dd will be good. If the dd were to get a webcam option then they could determine both the ball speed and the launch angle which would be very valuable info. You can get the vertical launch to determine your ball flight and the ball speed to determine the smash factor.

They will soon release a driving range from what I hear.

I tested the clubhead speed with the radar placed as directed and while swinging with DD.
    The mph matched very closely for irons and for a Nickent hybrid that has a sole that you can see your face in...i.e. highly reflective chrome. The mph wasn't so close for driver.
    That 15 deg Nickent hybrid is a joy to hit with DD because it is picked up perfectly EVERY time.

the radar also revealed that I'm a swingspeed weenie. I was registering in the 80mph avg range with the driver. Wedges were in the 50mph range.

Anyway...I haven't tried the radar with a real ball just yet. Will do that on Friday afternoon and report.
    Now that I know that DD is ok with swing speed I can swing an iron and calculate the solid hit factor with ball speed.

Does anyone think using a gladware container to cover the radar would work? I know, it is rather ghetto, for sure, but I didn't see anything special about the 20 dollar ball shield that an upside down container won't sub for.

mtgolf what do you mean "it is rather ghetto". I would be careful with your wording as some may take offence. Container should work fine.
    Last edited by bubba22; 02-17-2010 at 10:51 PM.

bubba...didn't mean to offend anyone. I apologize for any misunderstanding.
    Just meant that it is a homegrown unsophisticated solution to not getting the radar hit by a potential worm burner.
    Can't wait till tomorrow to do the ball speed test in my garage.

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    Thanks for the info, mt. No offense taken here. I look forward to playing a first full round on dd this weekend. I appreciate any info you can give us on the accuracy we can expect from dd. So far, it looks pretty descent.

No problem mtgolf. No offence taken. The container should work fine. Do let us know your findings as it is good information for all of us. As I said with my testing with the Vector unit I have, the club head speed is very accurate as is the distance.

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    Kilroy, after much consternation, I believe that there should only be on thread on golf simulators. Most people are posting on both threads and with only one thread, there should be better communication!

Thread Information