100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Eagle TA 845 is on a distinguished road

Just Dancin Dogg

This thread is for information / questions / requests on the Dancin Dogg system only, please try to keep it on topic!

Caddy golfun is on a distinguished road
    So are there any websites that you are you getting grass carpeting or turf from for the stance mat for the DD simulator?

From what I have been told there may be an alternate turf top in the works, not sure if it's by DD or an aftermarket supplier but I hope it is "softer" than the one provided with the unit! The only problem I can see is the potential for obscuring the sensors with a longer turf like the fiberbuilt mat, however, it seems to work for the Golftek unit.

I meant more like the fake grass you stand on, like is it just green carpeting?
    If the fiberbuilt would obscure the sensors it could always be trimmed down around it. Since the sensors are a couple inches in front of the ball it wouldn't change the club head because you are not hitting that area.

Sorry, I made my own from some real artifical turf (not the green carpet) it was a bit pricey but my installation isn't standard and I needed a custom installation. Interlocking foam underpad raised the level to match the top of the DD.

Putter nc_redneck is on a distinguished road
    Hi guys. Love the discussion on the DD. I posted on the other forum awhile back and really value the tips on projector and set up. I finished my home theater room recently and will post pics soon. My DD experience has been great, with my scores dropping in the last 2 months from the high 90's to now high 70's, which I can live with (I just discovered golf last summer). I still have a ton to learn, but the DD has been a great learning tool, not to mention a lot of fun.

I have a question that I saw went unresolved from another forum member from the other thread. My putting grid does not display, even with the option checked and pushing the 'G' key...Any ideas? I had been using the auto putt, but recently have tried to finish holes more realistically and try the putting feature. I understand the limitations of simulator putting, but I think if I could get the grid to display, I could live with it.

Thanks in advance for the help.

nc;

Is you graphics card up to date? Does it have enough ram? Usually graphical issues are related to the video card and not the software. What is you resolution set to?

Another thing, have you downloaded the latest version of the Optishot software... they released an update a few days ago. Like bubba_22 mentioned in the other thread, it would be nice for the folks at DD to tell us why the update was issued.

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    TA, I believe they will tell us in their newsletter what the updates are. I realize that is a little after the fact and a readme file would be a nice feature to outline the changes.

The putting grid problem is weird. I prefer to putt with grid off, myself. I have a weird problem on the Black Mountain Course where a get black and yellow artifacts only on the fairways and they haven't figured that out yet.

Thanks for the new thread, TA

I believe one the the best future updates would be able to play online against someone else! You would go into a online "Lobby" to find people and then play a round of golf.
    Also a good tip someone said was to put some foam sheeting below the DD unit to help it give more when hitting off the unit! The surface is hard and that is a pretty simple solution that would help somewhat..

Very true, golf fun. I have requested a new turf and hope everyone else will as well. I am also dying to get Pebble Beach as Simway Golf has this available. I think they have about 70 courses now.

Redneck, welcome back.

I wonder why Simway has over 70 courses and they are not available for Optishot?

3 Wood cvclub is on a distinguished road
    Regarding the grid.....I had the same problem untill I upgraded the graphics card.....now I see the grid perfectly, and the course graphics are much faster/brighter too.........I got a ge force card via Tiger direct for $70.....

FYI, on releases.....I believe the reason DD doesn't say too much is because they want everyone to be upto date so there are less issues to address on call ins, etc. If you think about it, a lot of people may elect not to put on certain releases depending on needs, time,etc. and that can lead to a very complex user environment......DD wants everyone to be at the same release level consistently

Putter nc_redneck is on a distinguished road
    Thanks guys. It sounds like the graphics card is the issue (with the putting grid). Strange, because everything else looks great. At times I see a few white dots on the green, but no grid...thanks again.

Good you have your local insider information, cvclub. I agree with you. Dancin Dogg has proposed great things for 2010 and I await with great anticipation!

What connection are you using cvclub from your computer to the projector? I was going to use an HDMI cable.

3 Wood cvclub is on a distinguished road
    I went w/ a cost effective benQ projector (thx TA/Bubba) and I can only use xvga........but it works great on my 10/10 screen!

Those are good projectors cv. I went with an epson because I use it for home theatre as well. Do you have any pics you can share with us cv? I would like to see you setup.

I was wondering what people that are making their own mats are using. What do you use for adhering the turf to the pad?

9 Iron tcaron is on a distinguished road
    Last edited by tcaron; 02-09-2010 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Added pictures

Nice job, Tom and thanks for sharing the pics. I am also using my garage but am not quite finished yet. I will be using a ceiling track with a net hanging from the track. I hope to attach 2 layers of white cordura (about 9 x 10 feet) to the net 2 feet from a wall. I want to be able to move the net out of the way when not in use. I hope to be done by next week.

What aspect ratio do you have DD set to? It looks like 16:9 from the picture.

Is anybody using DD with a resolution higher than 1200 x 800? It must depend on your graphics card and your projector. My laptop will only deliver this resolution.

Hi psace,

Yes these pictures are on a 16:9 screen. I've played with all of the aspect ratios.

This seems to work the best.

Tom C

Just found a pretty cool course description of Black Mountain, Thailand course at:

http://www.bmghuahin.com/

Tom C

The DD link is back up!!!!

It's- http://www.thoughts.com/bobstein/blo...n-dogg-485373/

Very good information!!!!!

Would'nt be neat if someone was able to write an interface for the DD panel and Links 2003? Seems like it woud be an easy thing to do especially since DD is willing to share the code?

Tom C

Thanks, Tom. I like the wide screen too. I have been thinking about 16:10 as well.

Boy would I like to be able to play the links 2003 courses. They are very much like the real courses and the graphics are exceptional. I enjoy the graphical component as much as the actual golfing.

Golfun that was a good narrative. Good to see the steps. I hope to post my pics as soon as I can finish my sim project.

Quote Originally Posted by tcaron View Post
    Would'nt be neat if someone was able to write an interface for the DD panel and Links 2003? Seems like it woud be an easy thing to do especially since DD is willing to share the code?

Tom C
    Tom,

Where did you hear DD is willing to share the code? That would surprise me!

Hi TA 845,

I read about the open source issue in a post from psace:

"This is a piece from Worldgolf.com from February 13, 2008:"

A similar initiative involves what Dancin’ Dogg calls “The Open Dogg” Application Programming Interface (API). “We’ve had a number of people approach us with ideas and products they would like to integrate with Dancin’ Dogg,” said Edens, “ranging from games, launch-angle monitors and video-capture software. With this interface, we’ll be able to give our customers access to an ever-growing number of integrated applications, including SwingCoach Live (www.swingtechnologies.com) and SimWay’s (www.simway.se) virtual golf game.”

I think I read this right Psace?

A company that wrote the intereface for the Launchpad, which uses TW and Links 2003, QCS, Inc. http://www.quality-consulting-services.com/, looks like the perfect comapny to develop one for DD?

Their site looks old but still seems to work. I may email them and pose the question.

Tom C

Here is the addres of the entire World Golf Feb 2008 article:

http://www.worldgolf.com/newswire/br...m-improvements

I'm going to email Morgan at DD to ask him about an intereface for Links 2003.

Tom C

Sand Wedge mtgolf is on a distinguished road

driver pics pls?

Can anyone who has used reflective tape and made their driver work please post pictures of the sole of their club?

I've seen the DD driver pics and it looks remarkably similar to an old Callaway Steelhead plus driver that I have. My DD arrives tomorrow and I'll use that old driver first to see if it works. But in case it doesn't a picture of someone's working driver would really help.

I have certainly done my part and read the instructions on taping the sole posted on the big thread. I'm requesting pictures if someone could kindly post them...thanks!

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    I had contacted Morgan about a "developer API" as I was toying with the idea of writing an interface for the DD to work with GSA Golf (since I wrote my own interface to it already for my device). Morgan replied they don't have a publicly available API interface and don't have plans to release one. If enough people ask them, maybe they'll consider doing that though.

I doubt they'll be too keen to have the device interfaced with other golf "game" software as I expect they are investing a lot in 3DD and want to make sure it is the standard for the DD. If they'd release an API though, then it would be left open to the general marketplace to interface the DD with whatever software has demand (like Links 2003).

I've often thought that EA should consider releasing a "simulator" edition of Tiger Woods Golf that would have player images removed and an open interface for device manufacturers to feed in the standard swing parameters (club speed, face angle, etc.) to generate shots. It obviously wouldn't be a high volume seller, but considering they'd just need to remove the player graphics and open up an interface, I can't see it being a lot of work...and I'm sure they could sell it for between $500 and $1000 per copy given other sim. software pricing out there. Tiger Woods Golf has a great graphics engine and lots of courses available, so if it could function as a realistic simulator application that would be very cool.

MTgolf, I believe Bubba is the one to talk to about taping. I think he posted a pic awhile ago on the other forum.

I couldn't agree more with you RDH. Glad to see you visit this thread, too. You and Bubba are doing a fine job on the other one.

Thread Information