+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    the only way Calgary, Anaheim, or Toronto win in any of these trades is IF the players they acquired perform better with their new teams than they did with their old teams. i dont see how going to Toronto will make Phaneuf or Giguerre better. But i do think that White, Hagman, and Stajan will play better in Calgary than they did in Toronto. Calgary has a solid goalie, good leadership, and a solid defense. Now they added some scoring; soo for now, I think Calgary won the trade. Anaheim didnt get any better with their trade. Toronto has the possibility of being better through these trades, or they can get worse due to trading away 3 of their top 5 scorers.
    Here's the thing I like for Calgary - even if Stajan (41 points), Hagman (20 goals) and White perform THE SAME for the Flames as they did for the Leafs, Calgary wins short term (and I believe that's all they're trying to do, win in the short term, then go out in the offseason and make a big FA splash). They've added some quality scoring depth to a team that needed EXACTLY that.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sensfan63 View Post
    Here's the thing I like for Calgary - even if Stajan (41 points), Hagman (20 goals) and White perform THE SAME for the Flames as they did for the Leafs, Calgary wins short term (and I believe that's all they're trying to do, win in the short term, then go out in the offseason and make a big FA splash). They've added some quality scoring depth to a team that needed EXACTLY that.
    agreed
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Start planning the parade! Leafs win.

5 Wood leafseh is on a distinguished road leafseh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Weazl View Post
    After Burke's 2nd trade the only points his team will get are from his D, they can't win without someone to score the puck what was he thinking???

Burke is an over-rated idiot IMO.
    New team = 1-0

Pts from forwards = 8
    Pts from defence = 1

= win.

= under-appreciated genius.

hahahaah... I'm just stirring up$*!%.

I hope they plan their parade route to stop by the HHOF.
    Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Good timing, the first game that Brodeur doesn't start in months and an enemic offense. Time will tell...
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

5 Wood leafseh is on a distinguished road leafseh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Colby View Post
    Good timing, the first game that Brodeur doesn't start in months and an enemic offense. Time will tell...
    Oh no doubt, probably would have been quite different if Mr Shutout King played.

I'm hoping Burke can find a way to shed a little more salary so that he can bring in a few more goals up front. They don't have the ability to outscore their opponents on a consistent basis as of right now.

Kind of reminds me of Ottawa a few years back in the sense that, if the Spezza/Heatley line didn't score, they would lose more often than not. If the Kessel line doesn't score, Toronto won't win.
    Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar
    thought this was kinda funny!

CBC.CA: Elliotte Friedman reports the following: The Maple Leafs wanted to retain Jason Blake and offered up D Jeff Finger instead but the Ducks said no.

once again the leafs get the finger! But why in heck would they want to keep Jason Blake. I never thought they could trade Blake in the first place, but to get that chance and pass it up! But then again I guess I would trade Jeff Finger for Corey Perry's broken hockey stick!
    Last edited by Mattchew; 02-03-2010 at 01:22 PM.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leafseh View Post
    Oh no doubt, probably would have been quite different if Mr Shutout King played.

I'm hoping Burke can find a way to shed a little more salary so that he can bring in a few more goals up front. They don't have the ability to outscore their opponents on a consistent basis as of right now.

Kind of reminds me of Ottawa a few years back in the sense that, if the Spezza/Heatley line didn't score, they would lose more often than not. If the Kessel line doesn't score, Toronto won't win.
    Good point.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    Start planning the parade! Leafs win.
    nevermind

Thread Information