CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ottawa Courses

5 Wood hx101 is on a distinguished road

Ottawa Courses

Being new to the Ottawa area, I would like some input regarding becoming a member at a local course. I would like to join at a moderate price $1500 - 1700 if possible.

Any suggestions..

Thanks

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar

memberships

First of all welcome to Ottawa!!

You dont say what your handicap is and you also dont say which end of town you work in or live in...i would want to know if a drive to course is ok or would oyu want a course just around the corner?
    There are many fine courses here and all have good and bad things about them.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    1500 - 1700 is a good budget for a membership in Ottawa, as many clubs memberships are in the $1000 range. In your price range you will be able to pick among the better facilities.

Are you looking for private club or semi-private? Many semi private clubs have complete info here on OttawaGolf.

5 Wood hx101 is on a distinguished road
    Well I work in the west end, not quite to Bells Corners, and live in the Glebe......

SO close to work or home would be good...

Well, it might be improper for me to recomend any course over another, but if you look at our new map at http://www.ottawagolf.com/coursemenu/map.htm you get drive times to all the courses (colour coded - see legend) from Bank and the Queensway (your back door). You may find that handy.

As I said, in that price range you can pretty much take your pick. Membership information is on all course's pages. You will also find detailed driving maps to the course within the course's site as well. In most cases prices are not yet posted for 2002, but will not differ too significantly from 2001 prices.

Courses featured here are all public or semi private.

You may be wise to have a look, and then ask here for opinions on your short list.

2 Iron JimmyW is on a distinguished road JimmyW's Avatar
    Originally posted by Dan Kilbank
    You may be wise to have a look, and then ask here for opinions on your short list.
    Gawd Dan Telling a new guy to the Ottawa area to ask the regulars about opinions on Ottawa courses!!!! If I remember correctly, the last time opinions got going we had Spidey and HaNdIcAp duking it out in the back by the beer tent

P.S. $5 bucks on Spidey

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar

dont know

I dont know about that one.......

If I recall HaNdIcAp got in a couple also.....

I think I 'll take that bet, never say no to a bet about nothing.

Hehehe. Well, I would hate to be accused of partisanship, but I want to be helpfull.

It is so quiet in here at this time of year, I do not want our new friend to think we don't care. So someone offer him a recomendation please

In the Zone 4jag is on a distinguished road 4jag's Avatar

Recommendation

Welcome HX101,

I would recommend joining either the OttawaGolf club or perhaps the Mulligan Tour.

I'll give you a chance to play a number of the area courses while at the same time meeting some local golfers.

The MT (advertised on this site) offers weekly league play and semi-competitive weekday/weekend matches.

If you are looking to play predominantly at one course I would recommend a multi-game package at either Stonebridge or Loch March. They don't offer traditional memberships but are both very good tracks.

4jag

Gap Wedge HÄnd|cÄp is on a distinguished road

Talking

WHAT! I'll take that bet - just gimmie him on a Thrusday Men's Night after 6 beers and a triple Bogey
    You lifted your head...grrrrr!

Gap Wedge HÄnd|cÄp is on a distinguished road
    hx101

If you work near Bell's Corner's - If you like a nice course that is not too difficult but has a fun membership - give Cedarhill a try.
    It's a great place to meet regular folk and now it is Semi-private which means you can try it out a few times and decide if you like the layout...

I think it might even be listed on the Ottawa Golf Page.

If you are a long ball hitter - it may not be the course for you. - If you like beer it may be the spot.
    You lifted your head...grrrrr!

Thread Information