CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

PING DOC swingweight

I replaced my putter grip with one that is 42g heavier (Winn AVS to Tiger Shark). I was wondering, in order to achieve the same swingweight as before, approximately how much weight would I have to add to the head or low end of the shaft? Would I really have to add 42g of weight to the head or powder in the shaft to achieve this?

Would it make a difference if I added some to the back of the putter head and some powder in the shaft to equal the 42g. I called PING to see if they could give me the standard SW of that putter and they said they do not have that info as most putters are custom made. My putter is 35" and the head is 343g.

Thanks, Luc
    Last edited by leftylucas; 01-29-2010 at 02:34 PM.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    20 gr. should do it Luc. 2/1 ratio grip/head.

Spread the weight around EQUALLY !! I would avoid putting more than 8gr. down the shaft. The other 12, anywhere on the head in EQUAL amounts. By this I mean if you put some tape on the bottom, same lenghts heel to toe.If you put some on the heel and toe, again, equal amounts.

DO ya get what I mean ??

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I do Les, thank you. I will do that.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Thanks Les, added some weight prior to installing the new grip and brought the SW up to where I wanted it. It was at C0 and I took it up to D4.
    Lefty Lucas

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Thanks Les, added some weight prior to installing the new grip and brought the SW up to where I wanted it. It was at C0 and I took it up to D4.
    SOME WEIGHT !!!

As long as it works for you Luc.

Actually I added what you suggested (21g) but I can remove some tape if I find it is too heavy. I prefer the heavier weight for sure. I will see how it feels on a green but it feels great on my carpet indoors.
    Lefty Lucas

Thread Information