100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road

Scores towards Handicap

Does anyone know the cutoff for entering scores to calculate your handicap, meaning, if I'm a 12 handicapper, can I accept triples when entering my scores. Please provide a breakdown of what handicaps can accept what scores on holes. (this was hard to put in words for some reason).
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EDSGOLF
    Does anyone know the cutoff for entering scores to calculate your handicap, meaning, if I'm a 12 handicapper, can I accept triples when entering my scores. Please provide a breakdown of what handicaps can accept what scores on holes. (this was hard to put in words for some reason).
    From the RGCA handicapping manual - http://www.rcga.org/english/Handicapping/manual4.asp

Equitable Stroke Control
    Equitable Stroke Control (ESC) is the downward adjustment of individual hole scores for handicap purposes in order to make Handicap Factors more representative of a player's potential scoring ability. ESC sets a maximum number that a player can post on any hole depending on the player's Course Handicap. ESC is used only when a player's actual or most likely score exceeds their maximum number based on the table below but is applied to all scores for handicap purposes, including tournament scores. There is no limit to the number of holes on which a player may adjust their score. Note: In other countries, the system of ESC may be different than the RCGA system, (i.e., USGA system). When a score is made under a system of ESC different to the RCGA ESC system, that score must be adjusted to the RCGA ESC system before it is entered as an adjusted score under the RCGA Handicap System.

A Handicap Factor determined from scores to which ESC has not been applied may not be termed an RCGA Handicap Factor.

EQUITABLE STROKE CONTROL
    Course Handicap
    Maximum Number On Any Hole
    0 or plus
    1 over par
    1 through 18
    2 over par
    19 through 32
    3 over par
    33 and over
    4 over par

Example: A player with a Course Handicap of 13 has a maximum of double bogey for any hole regardless of par. A player with a Course Handicap of 42 has a maximum of quadruple bogey for any hole.

A player without an established RCGA Handicap Factor shall use the maximum Handicap Factor of 36.4 for men, or 40.4 for women, converted to a Course Handicap to determine their maximum number.

When conditions of a competition reduce a player's RCGA Handicap Factor or Course Handicap, they use the Course Handicap derived from their actual RCGA Handicap Factor for ESC purposes, rather than the reduced Handicap Factor that is used for the competition.

Example 1: A player with a Handicap Factor of 35.4 and a Course Handicap of 39 might enter a competition in which the conditions of the competition establish a maximum Handicap Factor limit of 25.4, which would give a Course Handicap of 28. When applying ESC that player uses the Course Handicap of 39.

Example 2: A player with a Course Handicap of 30 might play in a four-ball stroke play competition in which they are allowed only 90% of their handicap, which is 27 strokes. When applying ESC, they use the Course Handicap of 30.

When conditions of a competition increase a player's Course Handicap, the player uses the Course Handicap derived from their actual RCGA Handicap Factor for ESC purposes.

Example 3: A player with a Handicap Factor of 25.4 and a Course Handicap of 28 might enter a competition in which players are competing from different tees with Course Ratings of 71.2 and 73.0 (73.0 - 71.2 = 1.8 or 2 strokes). If the player plays the course with the Course Rating of 73.0, he should receive two additional strokes (difference between the two Course Ratings), which would give him a Course Handicap of 30. However, when applying ESC they use a Course Handicap of 28.

Under no circumstances shall the procedures of this section be used by a player to manipulate their Handicap Factor. If a player uses this section for such purposes, their Handicap Factor shall be adjusted or revoked by the Handicap Committee under Section 8-4.

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EDSGOLF
    If you are between a 1 and an 18 HDCP, you cannot enter more then a double.

Mike
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    Thanks, just the info I was looking for!
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Thread Information