100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Monday Qualifier 314314 is on a distinguished road

Gym - Recommendations

Hi,

Looking for a gym recommendations for both (wife/me) West end... We used to go to Algonquin but it's getting expensive. Open for a membership (or family membership on a facility with swimming pools for the kids)

Regards

I'm a regular Andy4Par is on a distinguished road Andy4Par's Avatar
    What about the city gym at the Barbara Ann Scott Arena on Baeline. I was a member there years ago. Not fancy but cheap and had all the facilities available.
    "Get your smile on!"

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    goodlife, they are all over the place so its good for when you are out of town
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Championship Cup Eldred is on a distinguished road Eldred's Avatar
    We're with The YMCA... Several locations here have gone through extensive renovation with latest equipments. Prior to this, I used to drive my kids to serveral places for their dance and swim classes and just sit around and wait. Now on a typical Saturday morning while they have gymnastic and swim classes, the wife and I would play squash then go to spin class then join the kids later for family swim. Tuesday and Thursday evenings they also have "Kids club" program. It used to be 1 hour, now it's 2 hours (6-8 PM). I actually work out while the kids have their programs, but I can tell many parents are enjoying those free "baby sitting" and vanished during those hours to the mall near by.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    dont join florida fitness. when i toured the facility i asked the sales guy if the gym had good eye candy. he said "God yeah!"
    after a couple of months i still haven't seen any motivational members. the best looking girl is on a poster near the water fountain.

AVOID
    You only get out of something what you put into it

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Buy my bowflex. = )
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    dont join florida fitness. when i toured the facility i asked the sales guy if the gym had good eye candy. he said "God yeah!"
    after a couple of months i still haven't seen any motivational members. the best looking girl is on a poster near the water fountain.

AVOID
    For eye candy, try Gym Max in Gatineau

Albatross Smoothie is on a distinguished road Smoothie's Avatar
    For eye candy, I would recommend the GL on Hazeldean.

For the family and what you are looking for, I'd look at the Sportsplex or Walter Baker. Cheap, have everything, and have pools. Something I wish GL had.

Hopelessly Addicted jsttaylor is on a distinguished road jsttaylor's Avatar
    Well, I've been a member at Florida Fitness now for 6 months. I don't have anything bad to say about it. I'm sure anywhere you join will have something you don't like. The girls behind the counter at Florida Fitness are great, but always busy. That's not their fault. They could use more people behind the counter during peak times. As far as eye candy, there's always something to look at. The equipment is good. I'm sure there is better and newer out there but it's not old or broken. The trainers I have talked to all seem very nice. The trainer I am using is a great guy and really knows about muscles and nutrition. Overall I think it's good. I'm paying 48 per month. I don't know if that's high or low but for me the location is key so I have no problem with the price. I have also heard through the grape vine that they may be opening a new one somwhere on Industrial ave. Have to wait and see.

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
    For eye candy, I would recommend the GL on Hazeldean.
    you are only saying that cause you know I work out there when i'm in town
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Monday Qualifier 314314 is on a distinguished road
    I signed at Goodlife mainly due price. I got a coupon from a friend for a year. (It worked out to be like 40 a month for both).

nothing wrong with FF, they just lack eye candy of the female variety. i dont want to touch, i just want to look at it while i'm working out. haha

Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post

AVOID

oh, another reason not to join Florida Fitness is because they didn't pay their last 3 months rent and have been evicted from Huntclub/merivale location. The landlord letter on the door says they owe 100K. uggh.

now i gotta find another gym.

Hopelessly Addicted jsttaylor is on a distinguished road jsttaylor's Avatar
    Yeah, both locations are now closed. This sucks. But....for any east end members, well west end too if you want to make the drive, the OAC is offering 1 year memberships to Florida Fitness members for the same rate you were paying there, just ask. Nice deal for a gym with more to offer and newer facilities along with the raquet sports, golf school etc..also available. Or, Goodlife Fitness is offering 3 months free on a regular 1 year membership. I checked them both out today and thought the OAC looked a lot nicer and much better layed out. And when they price matched, which the manager told me they have never ever done, it seemed like a no brainer. I signed up right away.

Thanks JST, I'm in the west end, and Premier Fitness says they will give me 6 months in their club. I had paid FF $550 last November for a year's subscription, so they owe me 9 months! I even asked the salesguy if FF was going to go bankrupt because I had been hearing rumors for the past 5 years. He said nothing to worry about because they had new management. BOOO!!

I will check what Goodlife is offering because they are across the street from me. I will ask if they have eye candy.

Thread Information