100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar

Wink Another winter experiment-Only 3 swings to learn

Seriously thinking about trying this out. All I need to learn is 3 swings and 3 different ball positions instead of 13 different swings and 13 different ball positions(that is if you do not play every club at the same ball position) I can also only bring 3 clubs to the range Also thinking about single length irons

http://www.simpletonsgolf.com/

Woods at 42 inches(keep it in the fairway)

Long irons(3-4-5) @ 38 inches.

Short irons (6-PW) @ 36

Perhaps single frequency perhaps not

Perhaps MOI matched perhaps not.

Hurry up spring
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar

Interesting

Chief
    I like the idea of 3 swings and irons only 2 lengths and 42 inch driver.
    I would really like to know how it works out if you try it.
    I would assume all your shots would be more accurate, I wonder what would happen to your distance though.
    Jonathan
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

Jonathan. The goal is to increase accuracy over distance and to hit more greens and fairways. I do not think that distance will be affected by much as loft is the governing body before anything else.I know for a fact that I can't hit a 45 inch driver consistenly. Of course if I connect one every now and then it will most probably go further. However a straighter ball flight will end up just as far on most occasions.

For irons it will not affect distance that much and if it does they can be bent 1 degree stronger to compensate if needed. It will not affect the 5 iron distance nor the 9-PW-SW iron distance to begin with. Which got me to think. How many times per round are average golfers exactly pin high when hitting the green when we do hit the green????
    Mahatma Gandhi

Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar
    Chief
    I used to use a very short driver with a steel shaft and I was way more accurate and still had good distance.
    Jonathan
    Last edited by Break68; 03-22-2010 at 04:14 PM.
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Chief, I still think TLT is the way to go. Frankly this looks like a "Simpleton" version of TLT - only he wants to sell you a whole set of irons instead of just the club-fitting software.

As you know my 4-iron is around 38" and my PW is 36", and I try to have only two swings - one for driver and another one for everything else.

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    What is TLT?
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    What is TLT?
    TRUE LENGTH TECHNOLOGY

http://www.danscustomgolfshop.com/tr...echnology.html
    Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
    Chief, I still think TLT is the way to go. Frankly this looks like a "Simpleton" version of TLT - only he wants to sell you a whole set of irons instead of just the club-fitting software.

As you know my 4-iron is around 38" and my PW is 36", and I try to have only two swings - one for driver and another one for everything else.

It resembles more single length iron from 1iron golf than TLT.
    TLT claims that your spine remains at the same angle for all clubs. Yet you are standing away at a difference distance on every club and the club lies are different. As well you will most probably have different ball positions .
    In reality TLT has you swing in 13 different planes vs the simpleton at 2 swing planes for irons.
    http://www.danscustomgolfshop.com/Length_Lie.html

Do you remember if you were fitted toa 6 or 7 or 8 series?
    Mahatma Gandhi

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post

Do you remember if you were fitted toa 6 or 7 or 8 series?
    Series 6.

3 Wood TORAIDER is on a distinguished road
    As well you will most probably have different ball positions .
    Andre,

I play TLT and I play the ball in the same position, no matter the club. It's just easier, for me, that way...

Quote Originally Posted by TORAIDER View Post
    Andre,

I play TLT and I play the ball in the same position, no matter the club. It's just easier, for me, that way...
    Did TLT help bringing your scores down considerably?
    The fact remains that the distance you are standing away from the ball is a tad different on each shot.
    Last edited by Chieflongtee; 01-25-2010 at 04:02 PM.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Hybrid danscustom is on a distinguished road
    To help clarify, with TLT - yes the shaft sits on a different angle coming out of your hands, so the wrist position varies.

With TLT the lies are set mathematically correct to this position.
    The resulting lie angle must also follow the math model, so as the club gets longer, the lie gets flatter, and you remain stable in your athletic address position.

Your body rotation and plane that your arms travel on is the same for every club. Yes, the shaft will be on a different swing plane, but you will not be. Since you body experiences a consistent swing plane, you now gain the advantage of added club length which in turn does affect your distances. This is a benefit over a single length set.

Most TLT sets can be swing weight matched or MOI matched.

If you are playing a shorter TLT Series (like a 4 or so) then yes your clubs will be shorter than standard. But, if you were fit properly, this is the length of club you should be playing.

This is why I have 16 TLT Fitting Charts for adults due to players 7 feet tall and also under 5 feet tall. My drive is to always put the player (regardless of size) into their strongest athletic address position - for every club.

Anytime you build to a single length (or 2 lengths) you will have swingweight issues. TLT can address this in most builds.
    Thanks, Dan
    True Length Technology @ [URL="http://www.danscustomgolfshop.com"]www.danscustomgolfshop.com[/URL]

Bogie Kona Golf is on a distinguished road Kona Golf's Avatar
    Seriously thinking about trying this out. All I need to learn is 3 swings and 3 different ball positions instead of 13 different swings and 13 different ball positions(that is if you do not play every club at the same ball position) I can also only bring 3 clubs to the range Also thinking about single length irons

http://www.simpletonsgolf.com/

Woods at 42 inches(keep it in the fairway)

Long irons(3-4-5) @ 38 inches.

Short irons (6-PW) @ 36

Perhaps single frequency perhaps not

Perhaps MOI matched perhaps not.

Hurry up spring
    How about 1 swing ?

I have been working with Don Trahan's method with some success, and when I get confused I go back to "Natural" golf, or the Moe Norman Swing. I do get more distance with the Trahan method.

http://www.pgaprovideos.com/don-and-dj-swings

You may also find a single plane swing much easier to work with Andre.

And yes, I agree with Dan that TLT eliminates the need to adjust for every club!

No matter which swing you choose you must be committed to the change in order for it pay dividends. Usually you will get worse before getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by danscustom View Post

Anytime you build to a single length (or 2 lengths) you will have swingweight issues. TLT can address this in most builds.
    I can get away with it by using Maltby KE4 heads and shaft tip pins and/or using lighter shafts in one of the 2 lengths.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Kona Golf View Post

No matter which swing you choose you must be committed to the change in order for it pay dividends. Usually you will get worse before getting better.

In the end it's all about the short game Whether is TLT or Single length OR MOI or MOI balance(as per Monte) the fact remains that most of us suck below 4 iron length. Suck is a big word so let me change it to success rate. The longer the club off the deck the less GIR you will hit. If you have a deadly short game including putting you will score really well(often below 80) If your short game is average you will shoot between 80- 90 and if it's bad then most scores will be over 90.
    Of course these methods will somewhat help dispersion but will not help bring your scores down considerably.

I bet you I could score just as well if not better if I only brough to the course a driver, a 4 hybrid ,a 7 iron, a pw and a putter.(and a couple balls of course)

Ha those lovely winter discussions
    Mahatma Gandhi

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

True dat

Quote Originally Posted by Kona Golf View Post
    I agree, last year after lessons which "tinkered" with my swing my HC shot up 2-3 points before coming down again. It is discouraging to see lousy results when you start, in my case it was during the TGN-vs OG and NCGT vs IGAO that I struggled the most but my partner helped me out. I was commited to the changes and they paid off big in the end with more distance and better scores, indexed dropped 4 points thereafter.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Putter monettec is on a distinguished road
    I have been thinking about this for a long time. Trying to have a constant club lenght but without sacrificing distance and control. I am planning this summer to build myself a test set. I will build my 8-9 and PW with my actual 8 iron club lenght, that way, I still have my normal distance with my 8 iron and have more distance with my 9 and PW. I will configure my 5-6 and 7 iron with my current 5 iron club length. Yes, you might lose some control but you won't lose distance. With this configuration, you will only have 2 different club length, you will get used to the club length pretty fast and you will gain some distance on most of your clubs. If you can hit your 5 and 8 iron fairly good, then you will only gain from this configuration. Once I have tested it carefully, I will make another post with my results. Hope this works out!!!

Thread Information