+ Reply to Thread
    3 Wood hackzaw is on a distinguished road

Fort Myers golf - March Break 2010

So, I'm headed to Fort Myers with my wife, 16 month old, the in-laws, and sister/brother in law for March break this year.

Plan on taking the sticks and if lucky will get out golfing 3-5 times (not really a beach guy).

Anybody have any good suggestions for courses, and ideally a cost effective approach. I've "heard" that golf in Florida is expensive.

Considering this is the Ontario (possibly Canadian?) March break, I'd bet it will be busy. Do you think I should have tee times booked in advance?

Thanks

Hybrid DaleLeo is on a distinguished road DaleLeo's Avatar

Fort Myers Golf

If you go to this site www.lumpys.com., which is a Golf store in Fort Myers, there is a Golf Guide of the area showing addresses, tel #'s, etc. You should be able to locate a course, or clubs, that might interest you. There are many good courses in the area and prices should be starting to go down by the time you are there. It also cheaper to play a round in the p.m. Most courses will not allow you to walk, so the fee shown will include a cart.

Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    Played Eastwood (public) course yesterday and it's pretty decent. 1.5 weeks removed from the frost and stuff so you can see some of the damage and stuff right now. Greens, fairways and tees are decent (green) right now, but the rough is pretty brown. Decent course for January $50 w/ cart between 11-2pm.

Looking at possibly playing another time or two, maybe trying Arrowhead (if it's not private). In the golf guide mentioned above, there is a Davis Love III designed course, although I can't remember the name.

Was at a flea market today where they were selling used prov1's for $1/ball, but I didnt' bite.

Will let you know if I play any others next week.

Fally
    aka Scott
    Twitter: @Scott_Fally
    "The finest people in the world...are golfers." -- Ben Hogan

9 Iron Bisch is on a distinguished road
    I had been down to the Fort Myers every December for vacation the past 3-4 years except this year.

http://www.riverhall.cc/countryclub.asp

Is an insanely awesome course (On par or even outclasses Eagle Creek, Le Maitre etc) and due to the housing crisis in the US it was 35 $ per round including cart with GPS.

If this deal is still on you almost won't want to bother playing anywhere else.
    The area like a lot of the US has taken housing/financial beatings and so much changes in a years time.

Best of Luck.

Hybrid DaleLeo is on a distinguished road DaleLeo's Avatar

Fort Myers Golf

For some reason I thought you were going during the March break, that is why I stated prices may be lower, or at least starting to come down.

I go to Westminster Golf Club in April each year and it is very close to Eastwood(which I also play), and I think a much nicer Course. Try it if you get a chance.

Also, you mentioned Fleamarket, so I take it to be Fleamasters. There is a guy who comes there on Fridays with very good golfballs. This is all he sells, a small setup, but you need to be there on Friday, as he usually sells out very quickly. Very good quality balls and the best brands. He is located, I don't have my Fleamasters guide with me, but if you enter the main gate and go left to that parking lot, then turn left as you enter and go to the end of that aisle(Outside aisle), turn right and go about half way down and he is located on the left. If you turn right at the entrance, of course go right as you enter fleamasters.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Thread Information