100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    7 Wood marcosan is on a distinguished road

Refinishing Driver? Help please

Hello,

I just picked up a Nike Sasquatch Tour Driver head, but there's a paint chip on the crown...it's driving me insane...

Does anyone know if there's a golf club refinishing place in Ottawa?

Thanks for your help...

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Golfworks can do it but they send it out
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    There is a also a thread on how to do it yourself if you search it.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Thanks!

I went to golfworks today, and the guy said they didn't do it or know anyone in town that does it...

I'll look at that post.

Thanks

Pitching Wedge killer21 is on a distinguished road killer21's Avatar
    automobile touch up paint will do the trick if you are desperate and not fussy

Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar
    touch up paint, wet sand paper and good paint polish. add paint and let it sit to dry for a couple of days. wet the paint and the "wet sand paper" (this is very fine sand paper that has to be wet to use) and lightly sand the spot. Then use the polish to get rid of the dullness around the spot. It wont be perfect but will look better than it does now. have done this a few times on clubs and cars. a good scratch remover polish might work best.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    http://blog.myostrichgolf.com/blog/C...6/2420570.html

AND http://forum.ottawagolf.com/showthre...ght=REPAINTING

PAINTING CLUB HEADS AUTHOR: Golfbum

1. Mask off any areas of the club that will not be painted. I use 3M masking tape (Cause I get it free from work!) and a small sharp exacto knife to get the lines along the club face exact to the original paint job.<o:p></o:p>
    Also tape off the ferule and part way up the shaft so no paint overspray gets on those areas.<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    2. Now if you have access to a sand blaster then great, I use the one at work (Thank You Mr Ford <o:p></o:p>
    However you can also sand off the old paint, in your case if the mark is too the metal you have to sand the entire area of that clubhead down to the metal. Use 200 grit to remove the paint, then go over it again with 400 grit. That way you will not see any sanding lines once you repaint it.<o:p></o:p>
    3. Wipe off the club head with a clean cloth to remove any dust. Be careful not to touch it with your fingers as human oiland paint do not mix!<o:p></o:p>
    4. Use a quality automotive prime spray paint and lightly dust the clubhead. This is not for rust protection, this is allows the paint to adhere better.<o:p></o:p>
    5. Now use a quality auotmotive spray paint, (you decide which colour, hey pimp it and paint it bright yellow or red !! ) Lightly coat the club head with the paint. Then allow it to dry. Paint it again, with a light coat of paint. By now if should have enough paint to cover it properly. Allow it to dry, then check to make sure it is properly coated with paint.<o:p></o:p>
    6. Use a quality automotive air dry clear coat to put the finish on the clubhead. Again, lightly spray it, this prevents sags. Let it dry. Do it once more, let it dry. You will know if you have enough clear coat on as it will have a nice glossy finish once it is dry. If it looks dull then you need to apply one more coat of clear coat.

7. After allowing the clubhead to dry overnight you can remove the tape. Now you should have a nice looking club head, the dummy mark is gone!
    That's all there is too it. Use Air Dry paints, good quality paint produces a better job.<o:p></o:p>
    I have painted club heads at work using the cup guns which use air to spray, and then baked them. I have done club heads at home using paint from Canadian Tire, and they looked fine too. <o:p></o:p>

Thanks all!

Thanks for the tips guys. I'll try them out.

Thanks

Thanks everyone. I refinished the crown, and it turned out pretty good. Got rid of the paint chips.
    Attached Images

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    test
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Par gregnol is on a distinguished road gregnol's Avatar

paint

just wondering what brand paint you used and where you bought it from?

looks like you did a great job

Thread Information