100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    2 Iron luigicactus is on a distinguished road

Reservation Master questions

Hey guys,
    I'll be spending my first golf season in Ottawa so I figured that reservation master should be the best way to get some good golf, discover most of the tracks and make some new golfing friends.

Now, does anyone have a list of the course that you don't need to have a cart? I really prefer to walk and carry...

Also, can you book a tee time as a single? Either joining a threesome or having other folks joining me or do I always have to arrange to find partners before booking?

Thanks for any advice. Looking forward for the season (and the match play ladder!!)

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Most of the courses don't require a cart with the exception of Heritage and Mont Ste Marie (only required on weekends at MSM)

Yes you can book as a single. You may be required to join an existing 2 or 3 some though.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    I joined the R.M. family today. Looking forward to playing different courses this year. Which of the R.M. courses would you guys categories as most challenging? which has the most water holes? which has the fastest greens?

thanks.

East Ont & West Que
    Weekday
    Weekend
    Arnprior (Sand Point)$18.00$20.00
    Briar Fox$18.00$20.00
    Camden Braes$18.00$20.00
    Casselview$22.00$22.00
    Cedar Glen$10.00$15.00
    Champlain$22.00$25.00
    Chateau Cartier$25.00$25.00
    Hammond$18.00$22.00
    Heritage$31.00*$36.00*
    Les Ruisseaux$12.00$15.00
    Les Vieux Moulins$22.00$25.00
    Lombard Glen$12.00$15.00
    Manderley$25.00$28.00
    Mapleview$12.00$15.00
    Meadows$25.00$28.00
    Metcalfe$22.00$25.00
    Mississippi$22.00$22.00
    Mont Cascades$20.00$22.00
    Mont St. Marie$18.00$22.00
    Mountain Creek$15.00$20.00
    Nation$22.00$22.00
    Oaks Of Cobden$15.00$18.00
    Oasis$24.00*$32.00*
    Perth$15.00$20.00
    Pineview$22.00$25.00
    Poplar Grove$15.00$18.00
    Poplars (Tweed)$15.00$18.00
    Richmond Centennial$12.00$15.00
    Riverbend$18.00$22.00
    Royal Papineau$12.00$15.00
    Smith's Falls$18.00$22.00
    Thurso$10.00$15.00
    Timber Run$10.00$15.00
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    I think the most challenging are Heritage, Mont Ste Marie and Smith's Falls. Some people like Mississippi a lot and it is worth checking out, but IMHO all the blind shots make it a tricked-up course that is mostly geared to members.

The most water is probably Riverbend, but Perth, Heritage, The Meadows and Lombard Glen also have a lot. For fastest greens I would give the nod to Smith's Falls, but I've seen them run pretty quick at Chateau Cartier too.

If you like to get out as soon as the snow melts, go to Mapleview, Lombard Glen or Nation. Late in the season try Hammond, Cedar Glen or Les Vieux Moulin. I think Perth and Smith's Falls are hidden gems that are always worth the drive, and in mid-summer when conditions are best you should make the trek to Mont Ste Marie and Heritage at least once.

Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
    I think the most challenging are Heritage, Mont Ste Marie and Smith's Falls. Some people like Mississippi a lot and it is worth checking out, but IMHO all the blind shots make it a tricked-up course that is mostly geared to members.

The most water is probably Riverbend, but Perth, Heritage, The Meadows and Lombard Glen also have a lot. For fastest greens I would give the nod to Smith's Falls, but I've seen them run pretty quick at Chateau Cartier too.

If you like to get out as soon as the snow melts, go to Mapleview, Lombard Glen or Nation. Late in the season try Hammond, Cedar Glen or Les Vieux Moulin. I think Perth and Smith's Falls are hidden gems that are always worth the drive, and in mid-summer when conditions are best you should make the trek to Mont Ste Marie and Heritage at least once.
    nice review!
    R.M. could copy that and put it in their brochure.

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luigicactus View Post
    Hey guys,
    I'll be spending my first golf season in Ottawa so I figured that reservation master should be the best way to get some good golf, discover most of the tracks and make some new golfing friends.

Now, does anyone have a list of the course that you don't need to have a cart? I really prefer to walk and carry...

Also, can you book a tee time as a single? Either joining a threesome or having other folks joining me or do I always have to arrange to find partners before booking?

Thanks for any advice. Looking forward for the season (and the match play ladder!!)

What area did you finally settle in?
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

1. to find out how much a RM course costs for 9 holes, do i just divide the full price on the list by 2 ?
    2. are there any driving range discounts for any of the local courses?

t.y.

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    1. to find out how much a RM course costs for 9 holes, do i just divide the full price on the list by 2 ?
    2. are there any driving range discounts for any of the local courses?

t.y.
    There is no separate price for 9 holes. The price is a flat fee.

Unless Dan has something new up his sleeve for 2010, there are no driving range discounts.

We'll have Amberwood and Larrimac this year for 9 or 18 hole rounds. The other courses are a flat fee as stated.

I made a reservation online for 2 spots Monday @ the Meadows. I'm a RM member and the system asked me to put the RM # of the the other player, or to indicate that he will pay regular green fees. I chose the latter option. However, the system says we will both be charged $26.xx Isn't the green fee $40+ for a green fee player at the Meadows? Did I do something wrong?

Thanks

I only see 1 member spot used so you would only be billed for 1. Your pal pays at the course. All is normal, but we will look into the message you recieved. That's odd.

Please contact me for issues like this (questions only an RM rep could address) by email or phone. You may wait longer than nessesary asking on the forum.

Birdie Eagle_Hunter is on a distinguished road Eagle_Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    I joined the R.M. family today. Looking forward to playing different courses this year. Which of the R.M. courses would you guys categories as most challenging? which has the most water holes? which has the fastest greens?

thanks.

Hi,

I just paid for my RM membership online. It says it takes 7-10 days to get my card in the mail. How long did it take you to get yours? I am in Ottawa..

Thanks,
    Just another lefty....

If you purchased it today it will go in the mail tomorrow. Mail in Ottawa is usually within 2-3 business days.

Birdie Eagle_Hunter is on a distinguished road Eagle_Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilroy View Post
    If you purchased it today it will go in the mail tomorrow. Mail in Ottawa is usually within 2-3 business days.

Good news!
    Just another lefty....

Suppose I want to play Saturday morning at Meadows. I know the online reservation system is three days ahead and at 9am, which means I have to go online at 9am on Wednesday to save me a spot. Is there any way to reserve ahead of 9am 3 days ahead?

Eg: can I call the pro shop at 7am on Wednesday or drive out to Meadows at 7am on Wednesday to save me a spot? I think there's only 4 spots per day and I'd really like to pay $28 as opposed to the $46 they charged me yesterday.

Thanks.

Sorry but no. Due to the booking window, which is set by the course for all players, the Meadows can be a bit of a lotterey. Circumventing the booking rules is not possible. No we cannot get more memberships there. We have asked and begged.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilroy View Post
    Sorry but no. Due to the booking window, which is set by the course for all players, the Meadows can be a bit of a lotterey. Circumventing the booking rules is not possible. No we cannot get more memberships there. We have asked and begged.
    haha Ok. I figure best thing to do is play on a weekday.

Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar

Rm?

I am thinking of purchasing and RM membership. Is 4 spots at a course the norm?
    How many spots on average at most courses?
    Curious
    Break68

Most are 4 a few have 6 and 8. With 36 courses have 150 memberships and about 500 members using them. Many members are Last Minute members who can only book 24 hrs in advance. Also lots of people only play once a week so there is LOTs of availability when you book well in advance. The Meadows becomes a special case due to the 3 day advance booking at 9:00 am rule they have there. You end up with several people trying to book at once. Kinda like the end of an ebay auction.

Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar

Thanks

Thanks for the info Dan, a buddy and I have been debating\speculating on how many spots were available at courses.

More spots doesn't mean more availability. It all depends on how many members.

If you want to play at one course, get thier frequent player card or a membership. If you are flexible, you can get to all the courses on RM several times over the season but perhaps a spesific course on a specific day may not be available. That's the trade off for lower rates.

I would like to report that I've already started to save money on my Reservation Masters membership. Played 16 times through the online booking so far, and the rest of the way is gonna be all savings $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Team Match Play Champ 2010 DenisO is on a distinguished road DenisO's Avatar
    Looking back, I can't believe how much money you save. Ive got the Last Minute package and I've already saved $170 this season, and last season I saved $500. Im playing a lot more this season than last though, so savings should be through the roof!

Quote Originally Posted by DenisO View Post
    Looking back, I can't believe how much money you save. Ive got the Last Minute package and I've already saved $170 this season, and last season I saved $500. Im playing a lot more this season than last though, so savings should be through the roof!
    Next year i'm going for the platinum 'all you can play' membership.

Thread Information