100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar

Tiger considers $3M Haiti hospital aid

Disgraced golfer Tiger Woods is set to rescue his good name by donating $3 million to Wyclef Jean's Yele foundation in an effort to create a mobile hospital in Haiti, according to rap mogul Russell Simmons.

More...

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    As a Haitian ex-patriate, (born and raised 20 yrs there) I'd like to thank all the celebrities giving money to Haiti. Tiger, Bradgelina, Clooney, Wyclef. And a special thank you to all the generous Canadians, Americans, and governments from around the world. This is the darkest hour in my country's history. Hospitals and many hotels have collapsed killing doctors and United Nations peacekeepers who would be the first ones to help in such a disaster. What little emergency services Haiti had to begin with has been crushed by the earthquake. This is why outside orgs are the only ones who can help save people right now. Many parts of Haiti were already a humanitarian disaster before the earthquake; so it must truly be hell on earth at this moment. Again I am so very thankful that the world has mobilized the way it has to help Haiti.

If I could suggest some orgs who do wonderful work in Haiti and who would make an immediate impact on the ground, here are a few:

Red Cross Canada
    Salvation Army Canada
    Care Canada
    PLAN Canada
    Unicef
    World Vision
    Doctors without borders

On a personal level, I had to wait 48 hours before getting a much awaited phone call from my mother that she was fine. Now my thoughts and prayers turn to those who still have no news from their loved ones.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Bogie tmacgolf is on a distinguished road tmacgolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    As a Haitian ex-patriate, (born and raised 20 yrs there) I'd like to thank all the celebrities giving money to Haiti. Tiger, Bradgelina, Clooney, Wyclef. And a special thank you to all the generous Canadians, Americans, and governments from around the world. This is the darkest hour in my country's history. Hospitals and many hotels have collapsed killing doctors and United Nations peacekeepers who would be the first ones to help in such a disaster. What little emergency services Haiti had to begin with has been crushed by the earthquake. This is why outside orgs are the only ones who can help save people right now. Many parts of Haiti were already a humanitarian disaster before the earthquake; so it must truly be hell on earth at this moment. Again I am so very thankful that the world has mobilized the way it has to help Haiti.

If I could suggest some orgs who do wonderful work in Haiti and who would make an immediate impact on the ground, here are a few:

Red Cross Canada
    Salvation Army Canada
    Care Canada
    PLAN Canada
    Unicef
    World Vision
    Doctors without borders

On a personal level, I had to wait 48 hours before getting a much awaited phone call from my mother that she was fine. Now my thoughts and prayers turn to those who still have no news from their loved ones.
    I can't watch this on the news anymore. It just disgusts me, such devastation. For several years now, my wife and I have been donating goods and money to a local organization that offers support to the people of Haiti. We have made another donation toward the relief effort and encourage everyone who is in a position to do so.
    Even though I don't know you, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, and am so glad that you got that call.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tmacgolf View Post
    I can't watch this on the news anymore. It just disgusts me, such devastation. For several years now, my wife and I have been donating goods and money to a local organization that offers support to the people of Haiti. We have made another donation toward the relief effort and encourage everyone who is in a position to do so.
    Even though I don't know you, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, and am so glad that you got that call.
    Thank you Tmac. The news is so terrible I can't watch anymore either. My girlfriend and I sponsor a child through PLAN Canada, and I pray she is ok as well.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Thread Information