+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    because Richards can't take his cheap shot while Canada is winning, and can't do it after they lose, he has to time it perfectly, at the very last minute of the last game Canada plays. Mark my words.
    You lost me completely.
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    someone on the penguins message board replied to my crosby richards comment:

crosby better watch out for mike richards. if canada is on the verge of being eliminated, richards will try to put crosby in a wheelchair.
    "Why, is he going to hire Konstantinov's limo driver to take him to the game?"

You only get out of something what you put into it

5 Wood leafseh is on a distinguished road leafseh's Avatar
    someone on the penguins message board replied to my crosby richards comment:

"Why, is he going to hire Konstantinov's limo driver to take him to the game?"

Do you honestly believe that if Canada is losing late in the 3rd tonight, that Richards will take a run at Crosby??
    Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    because Richards can't take his cheap shot while Canada is winning, and can't do it after they lose, he has to time it perfectly, at the very last minute of the last game Canada plays. Mark my words.
    Probably the most absurd reply I've ever read on this board.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Quote Originally Posted by leafseh View Post
    Do you honestly believe that if Canada is losing late in the 3rd tonight, that Richards will take a run at Crosby??
    i really would not be surprised if richards went knee to knee with sidney by accident, or shot the puck at his face by accident. i truly believe they hate each other. (richards moreso than crosby). flyers penguins is like ravens steelers in football. players put bounties on the opponent's heads. seriously!

look at it this way, friendly fire deaths happen in war, and not all of them are accidents. do you really think it's nuts to think this could happen in the olympics when two weeks from now these guys will be at each other's throats for a stanley cup? i know it's an evil thought, but i think mike richards is a dirty player who just might do something like this. i'm way out there on this one, but i'm sticking to it.

If Richards tries something like that, he is a serious head case. He is not the only rival teammate that has ever played together for their country. Malkin and Ovechkin come to mind.

i really would not be surprised if richards went knee to knee with sidney by accident, or shot the puck at his face by accident. i truly believe they hate each other. (richards moreso than crosby). flyers penguins is like ravens steelers in football. players put bounties on the opponent's heads. seriously!

look at it this way, friendly fire deaths happen in war, and not all of them are accidents. do you really think it's nuts to think this could happen in the olympics when two weeks from now these guys will be at each other's throats for a stanley cup? i know it's an evil thought, but i think mike richards is a dirty player who just might do something like this. i'm way out there on this one, but i'm sticking to it.
    I think your hatred for Richards is clouding your judgement.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!

Can't say I've ever perceived Richards to be a dirty. And I guarantee there will be no "friendly fire" accident. An absolute inane comment.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar

really!?

Quote Originally Posted by leafseh View Post
    I think your hatred for Richards is clouding your judgement.
    it's more likely that my dislike for crosby is causing me to fantasize about Richards and Pronger ending crosby's career.

i belong in an inane asylum.

it's more likely that my dislike for crosby is causing me to fantasize about Richards and Pronger ending crosby's career.

You dislike some one you don’t really no to a point that your wish his career to be over??? Wow!

Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar

I second that!

/thread.

Quote Originally Posted by mberube View Post
    You dislike some one you don’t really no to a point that your wish his career to be over??? Wow!
    did i say end his career? that was harsh. i will ask the genie in the bottle to not grant me that wish. instead i will ask for the penguins to never win another stanley cup, ever. thank you.

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Nokids... time for your feeding and bedtime...
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Chambokl View Post
    Nokids... time for your feeding and bedtime...
    i'm not feeling well today. i think the snow outside put me in a bad mood. i hate winter. even though i go outside i still feel like i have cabin fever. i need GOLF WEATHER!!!!!!

Baxter
    wow...a couple of comments from people stuck on stupid.....

I wonder how that would taste with a little salt and pepper Mr. Ov....

hmmmmmmm is all that is needed about that game tonight....

Hey Willy them CCCP boy's get you any golf balls yet??? just checking...
    I know it's a long way from over, but it will be soon...

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    is this correct??? i only have bets from

Chambokl
    goochy
    ???????
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

It’s easy to say know since the game is over but the Russian roster was not that impressive. They don’t have the depth on all 4 lines of the other teams like the Swedes, Slovaks, Canada and event USA. A lot of the Russian don’t even play in the NHL. Only 9 players on that roster is #1 line calibre in the NHL and that inkling the D. I think that why our third and forth line are the line that did the most damage yester. The match-ups were favourable for Canada.

The Slovaks will be hard to beat. Physical play and speed will be the key.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    It’s easy to say know since the game is over but the Russian roster was not that impressive. They don’t have the depth on all 4 lines of the other teams like the Swedes, Slovaks, Canada and event USA. A lot of the Russian don’t even play in the NHL. Only 9 players on that roster is #1 line calibre in the NHL and that inkling the D. I think that why our third and forth line are the line that did the most damage yester. The match-ups were favourable for Canada.

perhaps, but those first two lines...wow.

Ovechkin, Semin, Malkin, Datsyuk, Kovalchuk and Markov and Gonchar on D.

I thought Volchenkov looked very ordinary last night, not his usual self. He took more hits than he gave.

The good news is for the Sens that some of their key players will get a rest after Sweden, Russia and the Czechs were knocked out.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    is this correct??? i only have bets from

Chambokl
    goochy
    ???????

yep....still a way to go yet but a great performance last night i thought

I agree but the first two lines were well matched on both teams. Canada #3 and #4 dominated the Russians #3 and #4 lines. I’m just saying that the Russians were not the powerhouse everyone said they were. But a agree on the top three players Ovy, Malkin and Kovy. Semin not so much. But when you have Federov on the top 2 lines, there is something wrong.

Markov was not a factor yesterday.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    The match-ups were favourable for Canada.
    Didn't the Russians have last change? They could have done a better job of trying to match up Ovi.
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Baxter
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivas Irons View Post
    Didn't the Russians have last change? They could have done a better job of trying to match up Ovi.
    Yes you are correct the CCCP did have last change....It wouldn't have made a difference.....If you get a chance to re-watch them game..(I have watched it twice) the CCCP boys....no sense in rubbing it in...They did what they always do when matched up against a team that has heart...

enjoy the day boys and girls...

Cheers,
    2010 Mens Olympic Gold Medal Champions
    Team Canada

Fairway Junkie sharkshooter is on a distinguished road sharkshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    Yes you are correct the CCCP did have last change
    CCCP (aka USSR, aka Soviet Union) no longer exists. It was the Russian Federation we beat last night.

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar

Yes, that was my point in betting for Canada... couldn't see Russia beating them. The bottom of their line-up was sub-par NHL calibre and Nabakov under pressure... well we know his record in the play-off...

I hope we meet the US again and give them a spanking...
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Yes, that was my point in betting for Canada... couldn't see Russia beating them. The bottom of their line-up was sub-par NHL calibre and Nabakov under pressure... well we know his record in the play-off...

I'm not sure Nabakov was to blame. 21 shots in the 1st says a lot. Some of those goals were unbelievably skilled plays. He did give up some bad goals but some damage was already done. The error IMO was from the bench. After 3-0 they should have pulled him. Instead they kept him in and brought him back in the 2nd. If they pulled him after 3-0 it could have been a tighter game.

Like I said earlier, if they had to lose one, it was the one they lost against USA. Now they are on a roll and will be tough to beat. Don't count out the Finns.

Go for Gold tonight!!! Go Canada Go!!! Double hockey Gold is in the making.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    I second that emotion.
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Baxter
    The best part about the CCCP(Hey Sherlock read the complete thread) vs. Canada game the other night..

NO GORD MILLER.....by goodness he is terrible...Lets hope he is sick tonight or something and misses this game. It was nice to hear a pro call the game like Chris....

Lets say - Finns 4 USA 3 Finns have a complete Team compared to the Young USA Team. But The Yankees have Mr.Miller and he's been very hot....might that be enough against the Finnish Flash...

Question :
    Having watched a lot of the terrible the Habs this year..I did not think Halak or Price have played that bad or good..Just OK for both as the Team in general SUCKS...So I'm wondering is it a case of the Slovaks D being much better than the Habs? Making Halak look like a super star? Now I like Price and think he should be the one the Habs keep...but after watching Team Slovak play...I think Halak should be given the job...Not looking to praise or knock Carey in this thread...
    Just wondering about the Slovaks and their Keeper for tonights game...

Cheers,
    2010 Mens Olympic Gold Medal Champions
    Team Canada

Thread Information