CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Break68 View Post
    Apparently you guys don't read very well.
    I never said Swiss deserved to win, I said Canada did not deserve to win.
    OK so if you say that a team does not deserve the win that does not mean that the other team should have won???
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Break68 View Post
    Apparently you guys don't read very well.
    I never said Swiss deserved to win, I said Canada did not deserve to win.
    Sorry man, it makes no sense...
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    that's better than anything i've seen so far. but i can't tell if slovakia won in OT or shootout. also there's no standings of groups ABC. at least i can't find one.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    that's better than anything i've seen so far. but i can't tell if slovakia won in OT or shootout. also there's no standings of groups ABC. at least i can't find one.
    http://www.vancouver2010.com/olympic...minary-Vj.html
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    If you're looking for something specific, try google. http://tinyurl.com/yf2xrnh

coolio.

Baxter
    Ok...enough of the the Swiss....

What do you think about today's game? USA vs. Canada
    It's hard to believe that a winger can't be found to play with Sidney...Nash will be on the right wing today and perhaps Richards on the left...could this team be missing the set up man? Besides Thornton who else is a set up guy..

Does it make any sense to break up the Sharks line?? and move Thornton to Crosby with Iginla ? Heatly, Nash and Getzlaf, than Marleau, Perry and Stall? I can see why the coach is moving every player around. With only one line working....hard to believe....
    I think they'll figure it out today against a USA Team that has more Talent than what Canada has played so far. making Canada play better...should be less trap and more hockey....Final 5 - 2 Canada I hope...Have a Great Day guys and enjoy all 3 games today....
    Cheers
    2010 Gold Medal Ice Hockey Champions "Team Canada"

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    The problem isn't a lack of set up men. The problem is too many people trying to be set up men. I know they had 45 shots last game, but they also passed up a LOT of prime shots in order to set up the pretty play. Skate hard, hit hard, shoot, and go to the net. (And make sure Iggy gets plenty of ice time)

Baxter
    Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    The problem isn't a lack of set up men. The problem is too many people trying to be set up men. I know they had 45 shots last game, but they also passed up a LOT of prime shots in order to set up the pretty play. Skate hard, hit hard, shoot, and go to the net. (And make sure Iggy gets plenty of ice time)
    I hear what your saying...I guess if there were true set up men the others would not be trying to be....Not a good start.....Can we count that as a goal for Sid the Kid?....USA is playing a very smart game to start...but it's real early...I still like 5 - 2 Stop laughing as I have the game on pause right now waiting for some fresh coffee...man I love my wife....Just thought of something perhas she is just being this nice because tomorrow is her Birthday...maybe I should show her I can't be bought off that easy??? I think if I did that I would not be around to see who wins GOLD....LOL
    Cheers and enjoy the game

after 20 minutes, Canada is playing much better than the previous 2 games but the USA is being really physical. Orpick is a hit machine. i dont know if the US is going to be able to hang on to this 1 goal lead. Canada comes in waves like a tsunami. Miller is going to crack.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

wow. what a play by the USA. they had more heart than Canada today.

Team Match Play Champ 2010 Singles Match Play Champ 2013 Hearzy is on a distinguished road Hearzy's Avatar
    That was a good game anyways. Had some good moments. Canada had opportunities but Miller was always there. One hell of a empty net goal though... Sheesh... Perry didn't even see it happening.. LOL.

Baxter
    hmmmmmmmmmm...is about all I can say on that mess right now.....

Canada vs Germany... Tuesday night at 7:30 EST

Brodeur didn't play well.
    Niedermayer and Pronger were not too good.
    Morrow and Bergeron.... not much to say.
    Thornton should give us more.
    Too many penalties.
    Babcock .... not sure yet.

On a positive side Doughty was awesome. Nash probably best forward.

This is better in a way, now we have a game to watch Tuesday night...

Maybe a match vs Russia Wednesday night...

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    lose one from here on in and the golf balls are mine
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    One question that has bothered me all night....what was Brodeur's stick doing between his legs on Langenbruner's goal????
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    I must say, I am not completely concerned with the team right now. Ya we gotta play an extra game, then Russia but to win the gold we knew we would have to beat the Russians at one point.

The group has nothing to worry about in my opinion, they played great and totally had the game dominated from a Time on Attack standpoint. Marty just had 2 brainfarts that we know will not happen again.

However, we got outplayed in the goalie position. Look at all the top teams, their goalies are unbelievable: Lundquivst, Kipper, Miller. Maybe this was a good thing to happen. Marty is a workhorse that needs to play, an extra game isn't gonna tire him out, just give him an extra game to work some kinks out.

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    forget marty, one bad game is enough to switch goalies. lets go loungo!!
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

The worst thing the Canadians could do right now is give up on Marty. He's arguably the best goalie of all time, and one of the most clutch goalies of all time. Had a rough night out tonight, so it will NOT happen again for a while. Bobby-Lu, on the other hand, had never won a game that mattered.

I said a few days ago, the extra game is not all bad. The biggest problem in a short tournament is that there is not time to create chemistry, and this team is still experiencing that problem. An extra game to work out the kinks could be a huge advantage, especially coming up against a Russian team that has looked anything but impressive. Very 1 dimensional, and looking like they need some more time to really get in the flow.

And Geoff, I've got news for you. That wasn't Langenbrunner's goal. Shea Weber decided that, as a defenceman, he should try to bat the puck out of the air with his stick. He made a beautiful, beautiful tip. Just at the wrong end.

Iggy needs more ice time. Every shift he's forechecking, creating chances. But he's not out there enough.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    The worst thing the Canadians could do right now is give up on Marty. He's arguably the best goalie of all time, and one of the most clutch goalies of all time. Had a rough night out tonight, so it will NOT happen again for a while. Bobby-Lu, on the other hand, had never won a game that mattered.

I said a few days ago, the extra game is not all bad. The biggest problem in a short tournament is that there is not time to create chemistry, and this team is still experiencing that problem. An extra game to work out the kinks could be a huge advantage, especially coming up against a Russian team that has looked anything but impressive. Very 1 dimensional, and looking like they need some more time to really get in the flow.

And Geoff, I've got news for you. That wasn't Langenbrunner's goal. Shea Weber decided that, as a defenceman, he should try to bat the puck out of the air with his stick. He made a beautiful, beautiful tip. Just at the wrong end.

Iggy needs more ice time. Every shift he's forechecking, creating chances. But he's not out there enough.
    I think Iginla is still suffering the after effects from that hit in the Norway game. Probably the reason he's being used so little.

Regardless of who tipped the puck, Brodeur, for two games now, has now shown very uninspiring play. Probably the best puck handling goalie of all-time, Brodeur's puck movement and passes have been weak, and his choices have been ill advised and timed. It's been like for two games now. Watch closely, it seems like he's doing everything at a slower pace.

Although he didn't face too many shots against Norway, at least when we was needed to make a save, Luongo looked solid. Other than the three save flurry in the second period against the US, Brodeur has looked anything but solid. Rafalski's two goals were very weak. And still not sure why he attempted a double pad sliding stack on the second goal. A simple leg kick with paddle down would've stopped the shot.

With this tourney being played in his home rink, whether he's won a "meaningful" game or not, Luongo will feel like he's got something to prove. I'd ride him through to the end or until Canada gets eliminated.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Quote Originally Posted by davevandyk View Post
    I must say, I am not completely concerned with the team right now. Ya we gotta play an extra game, then Russia but to win the gold we knew we would have to beat the Russians at one point.

The group has nothing to worry about in my opinion, they played great and totally had the game dominated from a Time on Attack standpoint. Marty just had 2 brainfarts that we know will not happen again.

However, we got outplayed in the goalie position. Look at all the top teams, their goalies are unbelievable: Lundquivst, Kipper, Miller. Maybe this was a good thing to happen. Marty is a workhorse that needs to play, an extra game isn't gonna tire him out, just give him an extra game to work some kinks out.
    That’s where I disagree. Marty is in a slump. I know, I have him in my NHL pool. He is 3-5-2 in his last 10 games 1-3-1 in his last 5. He lets in 3 to 4 goals a game lately. And obviously he was all over the place yesterday. Overly agitated and did not cover his angles. He worked too hard for the amount of shot he got. Luongo would be my choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Johnny69 View Post
    I think Iginla is still suffering the after effects from that hit in the Norway game. Probably the reason he's being used so little.

Regardless of who tipped the puck, Brodeur, for two games now, has now shown very uninspiring play. Probably the best puck handling goalie of all-time, Brodeur's puck movement and passes have been weak, and his choices have been ill advised and timed. It's been like for two games now. Watch closely, it seems like he's doing everything at a slower pace.

Although he didn't face too many shots against Norway, at least when we was needed to make a save, Luongo looked solid. Other than the three save flurry in the second period against the US, Brodeur has looked anything but solid. Rafalski's two goals were very weak. And still not sure why he attempted a double pad sliding stack on the second goal. A simple leg kick with paddle down would've stopped the shot.

With this tourney being played in his home rink, whether he's won a "meaningful" game or not, Luongo will feel like he's got something to prove. I'd ride him through to the end or until Canada gets eliminated.
    Totally agree. Luongo has something to prove. He looked very solid, poised and in control on his first game. Eventhough Marty wone the game against the Swiss, Marty did not look sharp.

As for the team, I categorise this as the NY Rangers sindrome. Too much talent on the same team. Eavry one on this team is used to 20+ minutes a game. Now they play half or less of what they normaly play. That must make a difference. An the face off issue is rediculous. This issue is taking alot of opertunaties away. They should address ASAP. Sid was very poor at it most of the game.

crosby gives the lamest interviews. i dont know who's lamer, him or Tiger Woods.

Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto
    Domo, Domo
    Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto
    Domo, Domo

I don’t really care about the interview. As long as he performs on the ice.

I was sooo stressed out during the game that I had to pump iron in between periods. Did some bench press and pull-ups and it help but it didn’t do much for Canada.

There's a reason Luongo has something to prove, and that reason is that he never wins the big game. He can't make the big save when it actually matters.

First goal last night was tipped at the last second...same with the last. Second goal was nearly a brilliant play (if Crosby and co. had actually tried to get the puck, rather than rushing up ice assuming it would get past the defender). Rafalski's shot on that, thought it looked weak, was also brilliant. he slid it along the ice at about two miles per hour from prime slot position...Brodeur went for the double stack there as the best way to take up a lot of net, and Rafalski simply outplayed him. The third goal was one of those goals that happens against Brodeur. He goes for the poke check in that position, where other goalies wait in their crease and get beat with the shot. The poke check didn't work, so it looked ugly (that's the nature of a poke check). But when you've got Brodeur in net, you have to be prepared for those goals to happen. His willingness to take that risk and make that pokecheck is part of what makes him the best.

Plus, your heart gets a much better workout with Brodeur in net.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Johnny69 View Post
    One question that has bothered me all night....what was Brodeur's stick doing between his legs on Langenbruner's goal????
    He went to make the save, but the puck went in off Langenbrunner's skate. Just a bad luck... happen a few time last night, bad luck that is.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Even though Canada outshot the Americans, they basically got out-hustled all night. Kessler's empty-netter was the perfect example of hustle and determination. The US forecheck was solid and they pressured Brodeur every time he touched the puck. Pronger, Niedermayer, and Boyle were bruital. Thornton was slow. Crosby, Heatley, Nash, and Doughty were the only real bright spots for Canada last night.

Germany has nothing to lose, and Canada had better be careful to not take them too lightly. That being said, if you count the shootout win against the Swiss as a tie, then Canada has the same record after the preliminary round as 2002.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Quote Originally Posted by mberube View Post
    As long as he performs on the ice.
    i'm still waiting for "the next one" to dominate on the big stage. the last two stanley cup finals vs Detroit he was invisible. although he's got some points in this tournament, he's a team worst -1 (plus/minus).

he's 22 years old, so he has 13 more years to impress me.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Oops! Forgot to mention Toews. He was great last night too.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Thread Information