This is a warning to anyone outside the USA buying from the Scotty website; they ship to Canada via Fedex and a month later you'll get a bill for fees that Scotty never tells you about.

I ordered a headcover which cost $35 US. Shipping was an extra $17 US. Scotty says on their website that it's the buyers responsibility to pay any duties, taxes or other government fees. However, Fedex sends me a bill for duties $0, Gst/Pst $5, and a $10 advancement fee. The advancement fee is really what ticked me off. I emailed Scotty saying they should have warned me about this advancement fee because it has nothing to do with duties/taxes; it's just a Fedex scam. If i had known i would have bought the headcover on ebay for cheaper. They replied to my email with an automated message basically telling me to bug off.

So a $35 headcover ends up costing me an extra $32 in shipping/taxes and a Fedex rippoff fee. What happens if I pay the $5 taxes and never pay the $10? Will that ruin my credit? How about if I call Fedex and ask to make a payment arrangement for that $10? I could sent them $0.50 a month for the next 20 months. I wonder how much their interest rate is... Oh and I will want Fedex to send me a statement every month while I'm paying down this debt so I know where I stand.

Yes, I want Fedex to lose money trying to recover this $10 fee from me. I'm THAT BITTER about it!