CorporateGolfXtra 2024
Closed Thread
    Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!

Question Black & White NDMC Grip Question

Were there two runs of this grip? I had 8 of them taken of a set of shafts I had, but then I picked up another 6 of them to complete the re-gripping of my set. Had them all side by side after a scrubbing tonight and noticed a few things.

Although the 6 grips are a little more off-white than the 8, perhaps due to a little more use (although all grips are still quite tacky), but the end caps are and overall size are different.

The 6 seem to be a bit thinner and have more a "squared" off end cap. The 8 grips are a bit wider and have more a bevelled end to the end cap.

Anyone with any insight on this?
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    The 6 grips your are talking about were probably removed using a solvent called " Brampton " instead of Naphta wich is what I use. I tried to go GREEN by using the Brampton and I hate the stuff !

When Brampton comes in contact with the outside of the grip,the black part of the grip bleeds on to the lighter colors causing it to smudge. I used Naphta, a stiff bristle brush and elbow grease to clean them.

Another thing you could do is use is a tire cleaning product, wich also works.

As for the butt caps, the only thing I can think of is perhaps std. vs. mid-size ? Check the weight of them. The difference in length will be negligable between the two.

Gap Wedge Swingman is on a distinguished road Swingman's Avatar
    The midsize NDMC is also etched on the butt cap.

I Just Won't Leave big easy is on a distinguished road
    Just hope this isn't a case of this....

http://reviews.ebay.com/Fake-Golf-Pr...00000006817662

Known entity lms is on a distinguished road lms's Avatar
    They may be fakes, having recv'd fakes once I don't buy stuff like that off ebay anymore.

I'm going to write off the fake option due only to the fact of where I got them from. I have total confidence in him and know he doesn't deal in fake item.

It was mentioned to me on another board that perhaps the difference could be in the diameter sizing, .580 to .600. I haven't checked into that yet.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Johnny69 View Post
    The 6 seem to be a bit thinner and have more a "squared" off end cap. The 8 grips are a bit wider and have more a bevelled end to the end cap.

hmmm.... that doesn't explain the end caps though. Was the person you got them from the original owner? Did he get them through a reputable store?

I'd phone Golf Works and ask them if there is a difference in end caps between the .580 and .600 and see what they say.
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Known entity lms is on a distinguished road lms's Avatar
    Just look inside the grip, mine are all stamped 60R (it is in the rubber so it won't be missing).

And anyone can end up with counterfeits and not realize it - unless they came direct from golfworks or golftown.

ajrainey
    If I recall correctly, I believe white ndmcs only come in .600

They all say 60R and Taiwan inside the end of the grip. But some say YS8 and others say SS3 inside the grip as well. Does that help any?

Bogie Kona Golf is on a distinguished road Kona Golf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Johnny69 View Post
    Were there two runs of this grip? I had 8 of them taken of a set of shafts I had, but then I picked up another 6 of them to complete the re-gripping of my set. Had them all side by side after a scrubbing tonight and noticed a few things.

Although the 6 grips are a little more off-white than the 8, perhaps due to a little more use (although all grips are still quite tacky), but the end caps are and overall size are different.

Anyone with any insight on this?

Assuming the grips are all from the same company, you have to realize that the color is an additive and a number of factors come into play when molding different compounds into the same product. So many variables that can be off a bit that will affect the final product especially white. I would not be too concerned.

On another note, every grip manufacturer at the PGA show has a white or white combo grip offering for 2010. By the way, most recommend a quick spray with windex and a good wipe down to clean them up!

Thread Information