CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: World Juniors

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar

World Juniors

Ouch! Latvia and Czechs both get pumped on day one. So many good players for Canada today, but Taylor Hall looked amazing!
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Bogie tmacgolf is on a distinguished road tmacgolf's Avatar
    That was a silly game. Unfortunately, because goals are used as a tie breaker, then the strong teams can't take their foot off the gas and thus embarass the weaker teams. I think changes should be made either to the number of teams in the tournament, or the emphasis on goals as a tie-breaker. It just doesn't seem right. However, Hall did look really good! I'm also quite a fan of Ryan Ellis.

Baxter
    wow...what the heck was wrong with these guy's in the 1st two periods last night vs. USA?

I could not tell if they were out of wack or Team USA was that good...than the 3rd period hit and wham Team Canada showed up...Hard to beat the "WILL" of these Canadian boys. I was watching the 3rd period and I said to my wife, whom is US. That if they far short of the come back it's fine. They showed they can play skate and play with them, all will be fine now...I did not think they would shut the US right down like they did for the complete period. Hat's off to the Great coaching job last night. I would have blown up after the goal was disallowed. But he just asked why and than moved on. You could see him say "Ok, thank you" to the ref and than "Boy's lets go, forget it" WOW..that was Great...The young men learnt a great life lesson by that last night...act like men and deal with it. Come to think of it, so did I.....LOL
    I love Canada Hockey more than anything other Hockey and get right into the game. My wife just loves it. She has her fun laughing at me talking to the TV set...I should get the video she has of me watching the 02 Olympic gold medal game..I had no idea she set me up...It was funny to watch after they won. I guess it would not have been so funny had they lost.
    With my wife being from the USA, I deep down she is pulling for the USA but when I ask her who is she pulling for her. Her answer is a great one "I married a Canadian Hockey Fan and I live in Hockey Country, Team Canada of course". She is the best, even if that's not the complete truth...LOL

Happy Gold Medal Year

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    awesome game last night. The Juniors showed what canadian hockey is all about.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Jordan Eberle has to be one of the most clutch players to ever play for a Canadian team, he's amazing.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Face it folks, Canada was lucky to win that game. They got out-hustled for two periods by a faster team. If it wasn't for Eberle and Pietrangelo they lose. Sloppy play by the defence led to way too many chances against, especially short-handed. Thankfully they figured it out in the 3rd period. Everybody was saying how good Jake Allen was for Canada. Well, that Campbell kid for the US was every bit as good. I was very surprised that Hall wasn't one of the shooters, although he didn't have a very good game either.

The team needs to listen more to Desjardins if they want to move on. No more second chances now.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Boys came out flat big time. Played awesome the last 15 mins, if they would have played that way the entire game it would have been a different story. Very lucky to walk away with a W.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Ellis was a solid minus 4 on the night......why is it that we have a hobbit playing defense for us again??

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    I'm stuck at work and want to watch the junior game online. What does VOD stand for on the TSN site? Can't seem to get a feed, but they mention VOD.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Nevermind, got it figured out.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Someone has to remove that weight from Allen's left arm. During the shootout and now the two goals tonight, he's been beat high glove side.

But what a good game so far, an incredible pace.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    Refs are so far trying to give this one to the US. Damn I wish they'd let them play hockey at times or at least be consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by gbower View Post
    Refs are so far trying to give this one to the US. Damn I wish they'd let them play hockey at times or at least be consistent.
    I didn't see the hit from behind call, but that charging call was very questionable. There have been a few American hits that were much closer to charging than the Canadian one was. But a very entertaining first period. It's going to go down to the wire, me thinks.

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    I'm chewing my nails like mad but with the Sens getting killed at least I don't have to flip!
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Seems like the Americans are just too fast for the Canadians. And Allen hasn't done us any favours tonight. Still an exciting game, Canada just can't seem to finish.

5-4, but probably too little too late. Don't think we'll see the same type of ending as last year.

mr glass half empty

tied!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    mr glass half empty
    Un-freakin-believable!!!!!!!

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    What a friggin' game, Go Canada Go

If Eberle can carry his clutch play into his NHL career, he'll have an iconic like status. I've never seen a player with his knack for the dramatics.

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Oh my god!!!! is Eberly a god or what? 2 years in a row he bails us out. Can't wait for the overtime to start!

Go Canada Go!!!
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Oh well.....

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    I was sure the coach said NO DROP PASS at the blue line...
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Chambokl View Post
    I was sure the coach said NO DROP PASS at the blue line...

That wasn't the issue. Big save, big rebound, but too many guys deep.

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    And so ends the tournament. One more year that the question (for me) goes unanswered: Why do Canadians get so amped up for this tournament?

Exciting hockey, yes. But not the best hockey. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by sensfan63 View Post
    And so ends the tournament. One more year that the question (for me) goes unanswered: Why do Canadians get so amped up for this tournament?

kinda like the olympics - amatuer athletes playing their hearts out.

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    Take Olympic hockey as an example - they play their hearts out too, and they're better players.

It's like if there was an NFL and CFL in Canada...and the Grey Cup was as important as the Super Bowl. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Don't get me wrong, I tuned in to watch, but only after the Sens game. And I flipped between the Juniors and Law and Order after that. So I was interested, but not terribly tied to the result.

Exactly, they're kids and still have lots to learn. But they are still very talented and it's very entertaining hockey.

Take Olympic hockey as an example - they play their hearts out too, and they're better players.

It's like if there was an NFL and CFL in Canada...and the Grey Cup was as important as the Super Bowl. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Don't get me wrong, I tuned in to watch, but only after the Sens game. And I flipped between the Juniors and Law and Order after that. So I was interested, but not terribly tied to the result.
    I wasn't really referring to olympic hockey, more the lesser known sports that people get excited about every four years, like speed skating, luge, bobsled, etc. really any sport where a canadian has a chance at a medal.

Thread Information