+ Reply to Thread
    Bogie tmacgolf is on a distinguished road tmacgolf's Avatar

Noooooooo! Not Alfie too.....

Well, that was an interesting game last night. I guess it happens and perhaps should not read too much into it, but if Alfie is out for any length of time, combined with the loss of Spezza, then this could be a very rough stretch for the Sens, and perhaps even a season defining stretch. Here's hoping for good news from the doctor today. On another note, if Alfie is out, the leaf fans will officially have nothing to cheer for when the leafs play the sens, certainly nothing on the blue side to cheer for lately.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    The thing that really peeves me off about the Alfie hit is how Adams Turtled when he was called on his actions

If you are going to go around hitting guys from the blind side you have to at least man up and face the music.

But even worse than Adams Turtling was how Matt Cooke wouldn't even drop the gloves with Donovan. That piece of crap takes Donovans knee out with a cheap knee on knee hit and then refuses to dance?? Are you freaking kidding me!!

Watch out Cookie, Karma is a * and she's coming for you....I have zero tolerence for lilly-livered pieces of scum like Matt "I'm a little girl" Cooke.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    I'm not a Sens fan but I was watching the game last night and I was ticked off that some 4th line bum like Adams could run over their Captain and get away with it (ok he lost a fight later in the game). Except for Neil, Donovan, and their other fighter; the Sens showed very little fire after the hit. Imagine what Pittsburgh, Chicago, or Calgary's reaction would have been if Crosby, Kane, or Iginla get popped to the head like that? They would forget hockey and get some revenge. As it should be. The Sens are either soft or too nice. That hit on Alfie could be the nail in the coffin for the Sens. Clousten should have released the hounds after Crosby. Hit him every time he touches the puck. Hit him hard.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    I'm not a Sens fan but I was watching the game last night and I was ticked off that some 4th line bum like Adams could run over their Captain and get away with it (ok he lost a fight later in the game). Except for Neil, Donovan, and their other fighter; the Sens showed very little fire after the hit. Imagine what Pittsburgh, Chicago, or Calgary's reaction would have been if Crosby, Kane, or Iginla get popped to the head like that? They would forget hockey and get some revenge. As it should be. The Sens are either soft or too nice. That hit on Alfie could be the nail in the coffin for the Sens. Clousten should have released the hounds after Crosby. Hit him every time he touches the puck. Hit him hard.
    Ok, Michalek jumped Adams immediately, but I really wonder what people are looking for... a full on donnybrook?
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    The thing that really peeves me off about the Alfie hit is how Adams Turtled when he was called on his actions

If you are going to go around hitting guys from the blind side you have to at least man up and face the music.

But even worse than Adams Turtling was how Matt Cooke wouldn't even drop the gloves with Donovan. That piece of crap takes Donovans knee out with a cheap knee on knee hit and then refuses to dance?? Are you freaking kidding me!!

Watch out Cookie, Karma is a * and she's coming for you....I have zero tolerence for lilly-livered pieces of scum like Matt "I'm a little girl" Cooke.
    Adams hit was totally clean. Had Neil or Ruutu thrown that hit on Malkin or Crosby we as Sens fans would see nothing wrong with it. It's hockey, and Alfie to his credit admits he had his head down.

I remember getting freight trained more than a few times playing competitive hockey growing up and the response from my coach was not to send someone out for retribution, but to get my head up next time fella, that's hockey.

As for Cooke refusing Donovan's invite to dance, Donovan could have just popped him one regardless of Cooke's answer.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Quote Originally Posted by 3Jack View Post
    Adams hit was totally clean. Had Neil or Ruutu thrown that hit on Malkin or Crosby we as Sens fans would see nothing wrong with it. It's hockey, and Alfie to his credit admits he had his head down. .
    It might have been "clean" according to some rule book but it is EXACTLY the type of hit to the head that the league is trying to get rid of and it IS gutless to hit a guy to isn't expecting hit, clean or not....

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    It might have been "clean" according to some rule book but it is EXACTLY the type of hit to the head that the league is trying to get rid of and it IS gutless to hit a guy to isn't expecting hit, clean or not....
    Don't hold back Scotty, tell us how you really feel!
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    Don't hold back Scotty, tell us how you really feel!
    Is this the year that we are coming out Bob??

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Is this the year that we are coming out Bob??
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Jack View Post
    Ok, Michalek jumped Adams immediately, but I really wonder what people are looking for... a full on donnybrook?
    i had to google donnybrook.

YES! i was bored that night and was looking for some entertainment. donnybrook would have been sweet!
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    i had to google donnybrook.
    Holy cow! You know you're young when...
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Thread Information