CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar

Fisher and Underwood

Mike did it ! Apparently Carrie accepted---now we have something else to talk about
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Lucky guy.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    This is awesome news........what a great couple they are

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    This is awesome news........what a great couple they are
    Amen! Good for both of them.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    With all the "Crap" going on with another famous athlete's marriage I'm pretty sure that we don't have to worry about the same things with Mike and Carrie.

Mike Fisher has a tremendous set of values and if my boys were to have a role model who was a professional athlete, Mike is the kind of guy that I would hope that they would look up to.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Carrie was sitting about six rows behind us in the box at last night's game with a bunch of security. I hope this works out for them, she seemed pretty concerned during the third period scrum when Fisher was tackled from behind.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    With all the "Crap" going on with another famous athlete's marriage I'm pretty sure that we don't have to worry about the same things with Mike and Carrie.

Mike Fisher has a tremendous set of values and if my boys were to have a role model who was a professional athlete, Mike is the kind of guy that I would hope that they would look up to.
    I think many of us thought this of that other guy about a month ago. How about collectively, we don't put these people on this kind of pedestal and not foist fairy tale expectations on them in the first place?
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Jack View Post
    I think many of us thought this of that other guy about a month ago. How about collectively, we don't put these people on this kind of pedestal and not foist fairy tale expectations on them in the first place?
    I can't think of anyone I know that say they wanted thier kids to be like Tiger Woods, the human being.

Undoubtedly people looked up to Tiger because of his golfing ability. I don't think there was anything else people were aspiring to except said skills.

I think with Fisher, it would be a safe bet to look up to him. Ottawa is a small town (with extreme small-town syndrome), so anything he did that even smelled of impropriety would have been exposed and talked about ad nauseum. Fisher has been here for many years...I don't think there's much chance of him "falling."

Quote Originally Posted by sensfan63 View Post
    I can't think of anyone I know that say they wanted thier kids to be like Tiger Woods, the human being.

Undoubtedly people looked up to Tiger because of his golfing ability. I don't think there was anything else people were aspiring to except said skills.

I think with Fisher, it would be a safe bet to look up to him. Ottawa is a small town (with extreme small-town syndrome), so anything he did that even smelled of impropriety would have been exposed and talked about ad nauseum. Fisher has been here for many years...I don't think there's much chance of him "falling."
    My point is that it is unwise to foist anyone up on a pedestal, regardless of how great they are, or seem to be. I am not questioning how good a guy Fisher may be, just in general that it is unfair to put anyone other than a parent in the position of role model.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Jack View Post
    My point is that it is unwise to foist anyone up on a pedestal, regardless of how great they are, or seem to be. I am not questioning how good a guy Fisher may be, just in general that it is unfair to put anyone other than a parent in the position of role model.
    I agree with you, but people will ultimately look to sports figures as role models. It's inevitable. Thus, my thought is that Fisher is as good as any of them. He has walked the walk thus far.

Sand Wedge sens13 is on a distinguished road sens13's Avatar
    mike is a lucky man!!
    SHUT THE...

Quote Originally Posted by sensfan63 View Post
    I agree with you, but people will ultimately look to sports figures as role models. It's inevitable. Thus, my thought is that Fisher is as good as any of them. He has walked the walk thus far.
    Agreed that it is inevitable, but we can only blame ourselves for the folly of false idolitry. Celebrities, such as Tiger, merely exist to entertain the common man, such as myself. When wrongly placed upon a pedestal, all will eventually take a fall.
    Last edited by 3Jack; 12-22-2009 at 03:03 PM.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Thread Information