100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Team Match Play Champ 2010 Singles Match Play Champ 2013 Hearzy is on a distinguished road Hearzy's Avatar

New set suggestions

I am going to be looking into getting a new(used) set in the coming month or two and was hoping for some suggestions. Currently I am hitting a set of Srixon I403's and even though I love the clubs, I want to move on and try out something new .

I was hoping you can give some suggestions on something to look at for someone w/ a 19 handicap. I was looking at the x-20s, but I dont really like the bulkiness to them. I would have to try them out. That's one of the nice things w/ the I403's. Once I sell off a couple of the clubs kickin around my place, I would probably be looking to spend around >$300.

If you can point me into some clubs to take a look into would be great.

Cheers

Jeff

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    This year after going through a few sets of irons I finally found the overall best clubs and the longest in the TM Tour Burners.It was a real eye opener especially after comparing my Cally X Forged at GolfTown.
    I really like the feel even after playing forged irons for such a long time. Another set thats worth having a look at are the Ping V2 Raptures.These also are very nice but they were a bit pricey for me.Go and hit some and compare thats all I can say.

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    Check these out....I think this is a fantastic set of irons at a great price...unfortunately I can't afford them

http://forum.ottawagolf.com/showthread.php?t=42705

Team Match Play Champ 2010 Singles Match Play Champ 2013 Hearzy is on a distinguished road Hearzy's Avatar
    I just realized I put greater than, i meant less than. And those are nice clubs for sure! Unfortunately I am a lefty

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    i am a 15 handicap and got the Callaway X-20 this year...by far the most forgiving irons i played so far. I'm able to work them a bit but love the forgiveness. It depends on what you want in an iron. Good luck in your search.

3 Wood eyeping is on a distinguished road eyeping's Avatar
    In that price range try the 2005 Taylormade O/S or the R 7's. Both are nice to hit and forgiving at the same time.

Thread Information