100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
    Here's a team posted on Si.com of 23 Canadian players that didn't make it. I think as it is, it would be a medal contender, and if you distributed the players more evenly between the two teams, you could have two favourites. I don't think a third team would contend though.

FORWARDS
    Mike Cammalleri
    Jeff Carter
    Shane Doan
    Mike Fisher
    Nathan Horton
    Vincent Lecavalier
    Dustin Penner
    Brad Richards
    Marc Savard
    Patrick Sharp
    Jordan Staal
    Steve Stamkos
    Martin St. Louis
    Ryan Smyth

DEFENSE
    Jay Bouwmeester
    Francois Beauchemin
    Mike Green
    Tyler Myers
    Robyn Regehr
    Stephane Robidas
    Marc Staal

GOALTENDERS
    J-S Giguere
    Chris Osgood
    Cam Ward
    know what's really interesting about that (not wrong...just interesting)? Phaneuf still isn't there.

And the second best goalie in the leauge is only third on that list, between giguere and osgood. I am always amazed at how underrated Cam Ward is.

If I were starting a team, no doubt in my mind, Ward would be my first choice as goalie. Can't argue with Brodeur as #1 with Canada, as he has the experience and track record, but to me, Ward is miles ahead of any other Canuck goalie. Won a cup his first year, and won the most impressive goalie duel ever last year (out dueling Brodeur, mind you).

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    I think it's more because Ward has been hurt than anything. I would definitely play him over Giguere and Osgood, and probably Luongo too.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Did a little research of my own on what was left after the real team and the SI list. I'd take my chances with these guys too.

FORWARDS
    Milan Lucic - Derek Roy - Chris Versteeg
    Simon Gagne - John Tavares - Devin Setoguchi
    Paul Kariya - Jason Spezza - Joffrey Lupul
    Taylor Pyatt - Sam Gagner - Todd Bertuzzi
    John Madden

DEFENCE
    Adam Foote
    Dion Phaneuf
    Ed Jovanovski
    Rob Blake
    Ian White
    Craig Rivet
    Michael Del Zotto

GOAL
    Steve Mason
    Mike Smith
    Marty Turco

p.s. I know some guys are injured, but they would still be considered.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge View Post
    Did a little research of my own on what was left after the real team and the SI list. I'd take my chances with these guys too.

FORWARDS
    Milan Lucic - Derek Roy - Chris Versteeg
    Simon Gagne - John Tavares - Devin Setoguchi
    Paul Kariya - Jason Spezza - Joffrey Lupul
    Taylor Pyatt - Sam Gagner - Todd Bertuzzi
    John Madden

DEFENCE
    Adam Foote
    Dion Phaneuf
    Ed Jovanovski
    Rob Blake
    Ian White
    Craig Rivet
    Michael Del Zotto

GOAL
    Steve Mason
    Mike Smith
    Marty Turco

p.s. I know some guys are injured, but they would still be considered.
    Canada is even money to win the GOLD in 2010. Russia is 2:1 and the sweedes 5:1

If we diluted canada's team by making 3 even teams... sure they might win but they wouldn't be FAVored to win over the russians, they barely are right now as it is
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

It seems the Russians have a point.

From the IIHF website...

Player Entry Procedure

• Teams are permitted to register and enter a maximum of 20 players and 3 goalkeepers into the 2010 Olympic Winter Games Men's Tournament.
    • Teams must register a minimum of 20 players and 3 goalkeepers at the first Directorate meeting, held the evening before the tournament starts.
    • Game Rosters are set with a maximum of 20 players and 2 goalkeepers per team.
    • The third goalkeeper can be added to a game following the IIHF Bylaws.
    • There will be no addition of new players to the rosters once the maximum number of players is entered by the respective team.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    The players you just listed...what type or kind of player are they? Roll players...If you had of said players like Lecavailer,Stamkos, Spezza these are flash players not roll like you mentioned.
    The Team is Golden..
    Don't foget there will be 3 or 4 more players named incase of injury(or bad playing).
    Do you think Ov was happy with that Team today? I'll bet as soon has he heard Mike Richards name he was thinking about jumping and breaking a ankle...as that will be less painful than what he will get when he has to face Canada in the Gold Medal Game...I think the real "ROOM" issue will be with the goalies...Who is number 3 and can that guy deal with it? Fleury should never get another shot to wear that Canada jerseys after he lost, and YES he lost the World Jr's for our Country. I will never forget that bozo move.
    The pressure is amazing that these guys have to handle...GOLD Baby, Just GOLD..I love it.....
    who will be the Injured players added....Phaneuf, Stamkos, Carter....of course just a guess but it would fill any hole incase of injury...
    who do you think???? let the second guessing begin....

Cheers and Happy New Year......Only 43 more sleeps for Canada's 1st warm up game.....

I think you misunderstood what I was implying, or I didn't clarify enough. What I meant was that is Canada wanted to go with so many "role" players, there are role players out there that are having better and more consistent seasons.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Baxter
    Sorry Big Johnny69, Understand what your point is. My error.

Happy Gold Medal Year

Thread Information