100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Protests

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar

Thumbs down Protests

I am getting so sick and tired of everything, regardless what it is, being protested. Seriously do people not have anything better to do? People protesting that there are no homosexuals on James Cameron's alien moon in Avatar has to be the dumbest thing I've ever read.

Yes we live in a society that allows this but seriously...
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    Aren't you protesting about too many protests....oh the irony..for whats its worth i do agree with you though

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Oh, the many things I could say on this subject. However, I will refrain in respect of forum rules....as much as it pains me.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    "I'm against protests... but I don't know how to show it" - Mitch Hedberg
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    Oh, the many things I could say on this subject. However, I will refrain in respect of forum rules....as much as it pains me.

Come on jon, you know you wanna.......

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    I am getting so sick and tired of everything, regardless what it is, being protested. Seriously do people not have anything better to do? People protesting that there are no homosexuals on James Cameron's alien moon in Avatar has to be the dumbest thing I've ever read.

Yes we live in a society that allows this but seriously...
    Well, IMHO we can all thank the Media for much of this. They cover EVERYTHING and make a big deal out of nothing. Just think if you had a cause, why not protest in front of the Media and waste your 15 minutes of fame... it's all Crrrrrrrrrrrrap? Can I say that?

Come on jon, you know you wanna.......
    Well, if you insist.

Basically, there are a many individuals who, frankly, are not that bright. There are also many individuals who possess a great sense of entitlement that governs their many stupid actions. Some individuals fall into neither of these categories. Others fall into one. Some fall into both....and those people are responsible for the majority of the 'protests' you speak of. They aren't really protests, in the true sense of the word...they're just 'whinings',

Too many years of the "everyone is special" mentality have resulted in a society where everyone believes they are equally right about everything...logic, evidence, and rationality be damned.

Many people lack even the most basic understanding of law and our constitution, and are under many false assumptions about the nature of "rights and freedoms." The freedoms in the Charter are designed to protect individuals from discrimination - but many people now believe they have the right 'not to be offended'. Offensive acts have become synonymous with discriminatory acts, which is a gross misunderstanding of the law, both in letter and in spirit.

For anyone who is interested, it is worth reading up about the Canadian Human Rights Commission. It is quite frightening how a body that was designed to protect Human Rights has actually begun systematically dismantling freedom of speech. I know this is a 'political' issue, and I by no means wish to start a debate. I think it's important that everyone read up on these tribunals, as they have begun to seriously infringe upon the rights they were designed to protect, and nobody seems to be taking any notice. It's actually something worth protesting.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Well, if you insist.

Basically, there are a many individuals who, frankly, are not that bright. There are also many individuals who possess a great sense of entitlement that governs their many stupid actions. Some individuals fall into neither of these categories. Others fall into one. Some fall into both....and those people are responsible for the majority of the 'protests' you speak of. They aren't really protests, in the true sense of the word...they're just 'whinings',

Too many years of the "everyone is special" mentality have resulted in a society where everyone believes they are equally right about everything...logic, evidence, and rationality be damned.

Many people lack even the most basic understanding of law and our constitution, and are under many false assumptions about the nature of "rights and freedoms." The freedoms in the Charter are designed to protect individuals from discrimination - but many people now believe they have the right 'not to be offended'. Offensive acts have become synonymous with discriminatory acts, which is a gross misunderstanding of the law, both in letter and in spirit.

For anyone who is interested, it is worth reading up about the Canadian Human Rights Commission. It is quite frightening how a body that was designed to protect Human Rights has actually begun systematically dismantling freedom of speech. I know this is a 'political' issue, and I by no means wish to start a debate. I think it's important that everyone read up on these tribunals, as they have begun to seriously infringe upon the rights they were designed to protect, and nobody seems to be taking any notice. It's actually something worth protesting.

OH OH Got to agree I have come to the conclusion that in a discussion--arguement--call it whatever you want---if you can dicuss logically---there will never ever be a winner...........or loser ---hope my wife does not see this
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Birdie marcf is on a distinguished road marcf's Avatar
    Well, if you insist.

Best post I have ever read on this site. I couldn't agree more. Game, set, match. Thank you for posting this.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Well, if you insist.

I can't help thinking though, that things would be so much better if people in positions of power actually listened...
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Listened to who? The person on the right or the person on the left? Leaders should lead.

Listened to who? The person on the right or the person on the left? Leaders should lead.
    They represent us Donny. Leaders who don't listen aren't leaders, they're dictators.

I mean that they can't listen to everyone, too many on every side of every fence. We elect them based on their platform, they have to given chance to lead without having to consider every tom, dick and harry.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Leaders who don't listen aren't leaders, they're dictators
    I've always maintained that the best form of government was a benevolent dictatorship.

Make the majority of the people happy so that they don't overthrow you with the added bonus of not having to cowtow to the whiners. I nominate myself for the position.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Quote Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
    I've always maintained that the best form of government was a benevolent dictatorship.
    A man after my own heart. You shall have a place in my cabinet.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    A man after my own heart. You shall have a place in my cabinet.
    Ah, young Jedi, you have so much to learn. There are no "cabinets" in a dictatorship.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    I LOVED Avatar in 3d. blew me away. It was my first of the new 3D movie experiences.

If you haven't seen a movie in the new 3d format, spend the extra $3 & go see Avatar 3d

Do it, or I'll picket your home.
    Andrew

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    I was wondering how this would fit into "Protests."

Thread Information