CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    1 Iron sparsons is on a distinguished road

PEI and Cape Breton Golf

I will be going to PEI and Cape Breton this Fall (Sept) on my honeymoon and we both plan to do some golfing. We are planning on playing Highlands and Bell Bay in Cape Breton. Then in PEI, we plan to play Crowbush, Eagles Glenn, and Mill River. Has anybody played these courses this year? How are the conditions? Shall I play other courses instead of these? Any help would be grateful. Thanks.

3 Wood mkemila is on a distinguished road mkemila's Avatar
    First, congratulations......, I just got back from PEI a week ago - Eagles Glenn.....Awesome, well worth the $80 green fee..........Glasgow Hills.......Excellant...........Anderson Creek.....Beautiful.........Green Gables......eh its OK, I guess. They have a deal going in the Cavendish area - If you play the four courses I mentioned above you get a really nice windshirt for free. If you can only play a couple of courses go with Eagles Glenn and Anderson Creek you won't be disappointed!

Quote Originally Posted by sparsons
    I will be going to PEI and Cape Breton this Fall (Sept) on my honeymoon and we both plan to do some golfing. We are planning on playing Highlands and Bell Bay in Cape Breton. Then in PEI, we plan to play Crowbush, Eagles Glenn, and Mill River. Has anybody played these courses this year? How are the conditions? Shall I play other courses instead of these? Any help would be grateful. Thanks.

1 Iron sparsons is on a distinguished road
    Thanks for the information. I golfed Stonebridge this weekend and was paired up with a couple from NFLD and they had golfed the courses I'm going to play this Fall. So I was able to get some more information from them. Thanks again.

justinh
    I returned from PEI about 2 weeks ago. I played Crowbush, and Eagles Glen. Both courses are immaculate. The greens are rolling very well, and very true. The fairways at crowbush were a bit soggy, but that was the only downfall to the day. The courses are top notch in my books.

Gap Wedge lgrankin is on a distinguished road

Crowbush Cove

I played Crowbush last Tuesday. What a treat for $70.00 (Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday rate). I found it to be very difficult and beautiful at the same time. Watch out for holes 4-9...

5 Wood nolrac2 is on a distinguished road

tee times

Does anyone have any idea about being a walk on at any of the PEI courses mentioned. I will be there in August and would like to play but don't want to book ahead. Thanks
    tap in

Gap Wedge lgrankin is on a distinguished road

Walking

You can walk at Crowbush... it's a very reasonable hike. I think you have to cart at Glascow Hills... check the web, all of the info. is available.

http://www.golfpei.ca/

Caddy powerlefty is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by nolrac2
    Does anyone have any idea about being a walk on at any of the PEI courses mentioned. I will be there in August and would like to play but don't want to book ahead. Thanks
    Last time I was there was 2 years ago in mid-August. Walking on at Crowbush as a single was not possible then - even when I tried to pull some strings with "connected" people. Best to book ahead on that one.

Eagles Glenn I called the day before and got a tee time no problem. I was even running late for that and was able to push it back 30 minutes by calling an hour before hand. The course was fairly new then so circumstances might be different now.

Green Gables I walked on and played twilight no problem although booking for earlier in the day was congested.

5 Wood nolrac2 is on a distinguished road

much appreciated

Thanks for the info guys
    tap in

I played five rounds on five courses in PEI and was a walk on for each

Shagging Balls jbrace is on a distinguished road jbrace's Avatar
    OK you're probably feeling flooded with all this good info, but here's my opinion:

Eagles Glenn is fantastic, well worth the money.
    Diddo for Glasgow Hills (and BTW, we walked it - carts not required)
    Green Gables - nice, but overpriced IMO, and crowded as heck. Save your $.
    Anderson's Creek is fairly new and is still developing, the condition was not very good, but the layout was nice and it was completely empty when we played.
    Fox Meadow was really busy. I was a little dissapointed overall. I think they get away with charging that much of a green fee because it's close to the city.
    Crowbush - played just to say I did. It was also awesome. When we played they had a promotion; $100 for green fees, a very nice windshirt, 20% off any single purchase in the proshop, and a drink in the clubhouse. So for that price, we could not go wrong.

Hope this helps!

8 Iron stanley is on a distinguished road
    no one has mentioned Dundarave...or even Brudenell!

Both are side by side at the Canadian Golf Academy on your way to Montague, east of Charlottetown.

Another course which was for sale last year and really nice was Avondale. (again east of Charlottetown.... across the bridge) $25 during the week last year. Nice little track for that price, not sure what's going on with it this year though..

You should try Dundarave, take a cart. And Highlands too...

I went to Brudenell with the intention of booking a tee time and felt that I had been treated about as well as a shoplifter! I walked away disgusted. In talking with the club pro from eagles glenn...he was saying that this was not an unusual thing as they tend to be very clickish. I would rather put my green fee money to a course that appreciates their clientele rather than viewing them as a burden.

Quote Originally Posted by stanley
    no one has mentioned Dundarave...or even Brudenell!

Both are side by side at the Canadian Golf Academy on your way to Montague, east of Charlottetown.

Another course which was for sale last year and really nice was Avondale. (again east of Charlottetown.... across the bridge) $25 during the week last year. Nice little track for that price, not sure what's going on with it this year though..

You should try Dundarave, take a cart. And Highlands too...

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mkemila
    I went to Brudenell with the intention of booking a tee time and felt that I had been treated about as well as a shoplifter! I walked away disgusted. In talking with the club pro from eagles glenn...he was saying that this was not an unusual thing as they tend to be very clickish. I would rather put my green fee money to a course that appreciates their clientele rather than viewing them as a burden.
    That's a shame. I've golfed there twice now and have had tremendous service both times. You should have talked to someone on the management side.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Thread Information