100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!

Exclamation 2K10 OG vs. TGN!!!

Guys, I've been in discussions with elhoozel (corchard on TGN, the new TGN captain) in regards to next year's event. He has made some interesting suggestions and I'd like to get some feedback from you guys.

He has suggested a change in the format.

Sat: 18 of best ball and 18 of alternate shot Sat at Trillium Woods
    Sun: 18 of singles at Black Bear Ridge

Tentative date: May 15 and 16

Thoughts?
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Format is fine by me.

I know a lot of guys who played Black Bear weren't overly impressed with the course for the $$$.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    That's alot of golf... hope my back is in shape.. count me in
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    Love the format. Would love to Participate. Don't care for BBR.
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    I would love to get back if the need be..
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    5 months to go... counting down...
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Love the format, didn't care much for BBR for the $$$ they charge but I would still be there!
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
    That's alot of golf... hope my back is in shape.. count me in
    If you plan on booking the B&B... count me in!
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Are we having a qualifier like TGN?
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge View Post
    Are we having a qualifier like TGN?

Nope, decisions for team members will be mine, all mine. MUUAHHHHHH!!!!!
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
    I know a lot of guys who played Black Bear weren't overly impressed with the course for the $$$.
    I would be one of those guys... but what they lack in "bang for buck" they more than make up for in their placement of trees that can be run into by golf carts.

And by that, what I mean to say is that geronamo ran into a tree... with a golf cart... hard.

Barring any major conflicts, I'll most likely be making yet another appearance. I've managed to dodge a funeral and a wedding to be at this event, I'm guessing it's going to take an asteroid or zombies to keep me away.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

What about asteroids AND zombies?

Quote Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
    What about asteroids AND zombies?
    I'll play if you're really desperate at that point. But you'll probably have to lure me out of my makeshift fallout shelter (likely numerous mattresses duct-taped together and spray-painted with aluminum paint). I'd suggest bringing some sort of value-meal from a burger joint to distract me, but tread-wisely as I'll likely be curled up in the corner drunk and armed.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    I like where this thread is going. I've never been to bbr, so I am open to anything. The only way I miss this event is if our captian cuts me (I am batting only about .333) or if it conflicts with one of my club qualifiers. zombie-infested asteroids be damned.
    Andrew

3 Wood corchard is on a distinguished road corchard's Avatar
    So for the guys that didn't care for BBR, care to elaborate? I haven't had the chance yet.

Having played this event for 3 years I'm a little tired 2 full days at TW. Hense the suggestion.

Unfortunately there isn't a lot of other choice of courses in the area, that would fit with the 10 AM hungover start and are within an easy drive.
    3-4 ...... time to settle the score

Course was nice... but that was it. Maybe I went in with too much hype surrounding the course, but it just felt like we were playing a much more expensive version of TW.

I don't believe their hiring policy is up to par with their neighbour either.

If we can get a competitive rate, I'd go back, but I'm not a huge fan of paying $20+ extra for something that didn't really do it for me last time.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Would that I could play with you guys next year, but that won't happen. My wife is having hip replacement surgery on the 12th of April. For a month or two after, she's going to need my help getting around the house as well as getting to and from physiotherapy. No doubt you'll be as successful this year as you were last. I'll be thinking of you and the fun you're having, but without any accompanying headache.

Were I going, I would vote thumbs down to Black Bear Ridge for the match play. The course is too pricey, and in my humble opinion is too tough for those who haven't played it a number of times. By contrast Trillium Woods gives the golfer more opportunities for the heroic, which is especially good for match play. At the Black Bear you spend your time hanging on. Much more boring, in my opinion.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Definitely interested. Might even bring my driver next year.

I can't comment on Black Bear, other than to say that I don't like the idea of walking up that massive hill I saw from Trillium

What? The master of the 3 iron off the tee is going with the big stick. Brave lad.

Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post

I can't comment on Black Bear, other than to say that I don't like the idea of walking up that massive hill I saw from Trillium
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Habitual poster OutOfTheRough is on a distinguished road OutOfTheRough's Avatar
    If I'm in again this year, I'll play any where, any time, and any format !!! LOL !!! I just love playing !!

. And yes I'm referring to golf !

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    It's not that bad Jon. It's a bit of an illusion. Definitely uphill, but not mountain goat territory either.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Team Match Play Champ 2009 geronamo is on a distinguished road
    I agree with the comments regarding BBR. What I remember of the course didn't impress for the money payed. I am also a huge fan of TW and would play 10 rounds in a row there.

I also thought that 36 holes over the weekend was plenty but perhaps I'm one of the few who have a hard time waking up for a 11am tee time.
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2007 & 2009 OTTAWA GOLF RYDER CUP CHAMPIONS!!!

I've also heard good things about Timber Ridge (25 min from Belleville). Any comments on the course?

Regarding the format, how about 18 holes best ball (2-points), 9 holes alternate (1 point) on the Saturday and then 18 holes singles (2-points)?

That way we won't be rushed on the Saturday in case the weather doesn't cooperate.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar

good lord, you are 20 something and complaining about one hill????
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

But you haven't heard the argument that he'll marshal in support of his concern.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    good lord, you are 20 something and complaining about one hill????

Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    Were I going, I would vote thumbs down to Black Bear Ridge for the match play. The course is too pricey, and in my humble opinion is too tough for those who haven't played it a number of times. By contrast Trillium Woods gives the golfer more opportunities for the heroic, which is especially good for match play. At the Black Bear you spend your time hanging on. Much more boring, in my opinion.
    You're biased here, seeing that it's probably the only course ever where Indio was able to go all John Dillinger on that hi-security vault that you call a change purse.

I have never felt the same since Bob took that silver out of my hands. That said, I do think that Trillium is a better match play course. More than that, there are fewer trees for some to run into. That alone should speed up play.

Quote Originally Posted by hoolio View Post
    You're biased here, seeing that it's probably the only course ever where Indio was able to go all John Dillinger on that hi-security vault that you call a change purse.

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    I'll play if you're really desperate at that point. But you'll probably have to lure me out of my makeshift fallout shelter (likely numerous mattresses duct-taped together and spray-painted with aluminum paint). I'd suggest bringing some sort of value-meal from a burger joint to distract me, but tread-wisely as I'll likely be curled up in the corner drunk and armed.
    You make me laugh
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

I'd suggest bringing some sort of value-meal from a burger joint to distract me, but tread-wisely as I'll likely be curled up in the corner drunk and armed.
    You're just looking for a way to get some fast food in Belleville. They have pictures of you guys hung up on their "do not serve" board.

Thread Information