100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Postaholic northern33 is on a distinguished road northern33's Avatar

In the market for a suit

Looking to buy a suit but would like to hear people's experiences with good places to get one. I know of the big places like Moore's and Tip Top but would like some other options. Keep in mind I would like to get a quality suit that will last for a while but don't have a ton of money to drop on one(i.e Harry Rosen is probably out my price range). Thanks!

Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    I worked at Moores (South Keys) for 5 years from 2000 to 2005 and at the time, the quality of their suits were pretty good for inexpensive suits. I think the prices of their suits tops out at about $500 now, but we didn't have any that expensive when I was working there. They also have some cheap suits (notice I didn't say inexpensive here) for about $150 I think.

For about $350-400, you can get a really nice suit, silk lined pants and jacket and you could stand it beside a suit from Harry Rosen and from 10 feet away, not know the difference.

So there's the Moores bias for you. I have never bought anything from Tip Top, but if you are going to rent a tux, I would go through them (Tip Top). The Syd Silver stuff is nice.

If you decide to go with Moores, let me know and I can see if I still know anyone that would treat you right at that respective store.

Fally
    aka Scott
    Twitter: @Scott_Fally
    "The finest people in the world...are golfers." -- Ben Hogan

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    I have bought a number of suits in the last few years. I would suggest looking after christmas. check out the Bay, great deals after christmas and sale prices are around $300 for a good quality suit. Also check winners, I have seen very nice suits there for betweem 179 and 299.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

9 Iron left and gone is on a distinguished road

Suits

you can also check out Mondo Uomo, the 120's suit are decent and you also get shirt, tie, belt shoes etc with the purchase. Tends to be more European in cut/style so it may not be for everyone. Under $400 I think for a suit plus all the accessories. Reasonable everyday type suit. cheers

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Over the years I've had good luck at the Bay as well. The material was good, the suits were well-designed and a little tailoring made them look very nice for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    I have bought a number of suits in the last few years. I would suggest looking after christmas. check out the Bay, great deals after christmas and sale prices are around $300 for a good quality suit. Also check winners, I have seen very nice suits there for betweem 179 and 299.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Hopelessly Addicted jsttaylor is on a distinguished road jsttaylor's Avatar
    I just bought a suit at Sears 2 weeks ago. A Point Zero. I know, I was surprised too that they made suits. I paid about $250 for it. Pants, shirt and jacket. And Sears always has sales.

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    I have had great experiences with Stars over the years. Some of their suits are cheap but they also have good suits at reasonable prices.
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

Postaholic northern33 is on a distinguished road northern33's Avatar
    Thanks for all the input...gives me some options. I'm going to Florida after Christmas so may check out the outlet stores while I'm there and see if I can grab one for a good price.

Thread Information