100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by golfinteg View Post

Paul is the man! Spain should grant him asylum so he doesn't end up in a German restaurant.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

So on world cup Sunday, I'm going to hang out with my fellow Spanish fans at Sala San Marco Banquet Hall on 215 Preston Street. They can only hold 300 pple so I'll be camping out around 10am to get a good seat. It's gonna be sweeeeeet!

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    At least I still have something to root for today, Klose can tie and beat the all time goal record!

OH and that stupid octopus picked Spain to win tomorrow.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Uruguay holding their own.

Not happy.

goalie saves the day for Germany.

this Forlan guy can really shoot.

This Uruguay goalie is worse than the Argentina goalie.

The way Mueller plays, he should destroy the scoring record. He'll play 4 cups.

Congrats Germany.

Forlan sooo close.

Fun game to watch but it was Germany's B team. Plus 3rd place is like kissing your sister. 2014 Brazil will be hard to beat but this young German team should be formidable. Spain's peaked.

Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    this young German team should be formidable.
    If Germany keeps giving Brazilian soccer players German citizenship, they should win the next world cup.

Spain's peaked.
    Spain's bench players could start for Germany right now.

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrright. Germany did win the under 21 or under 20 (whatever it was) world cup. They will be formidable. Cacau sucks, he should have stayed in Brazil.

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrright. Germany did win the under 21 or under 20 (whatever it was) world cup. They will be formidable. Cacau sucks, he should have stayed in Brazil.
    Argentina has won 5 of the last 8 under 20 World Cups. Doesn't mean jack on the national level.

Good luck Netherlands! I am hoping for a great game with chances on both ends. Yeah right, I'm hoping Spain to dominate like the Germany game!

God, please let us win this world cup and I will never care if Spain wins anything in soccer for the rest of my life. Just let us have this 1 world title and I can die a happy fan.

From CHOKERS to CHAMPIONS!!!

The Dutch are playing rugby out there. They should be down to 8 men. I thought the ref was one of the best refs in the world? He has no balls.

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    I don't think that any neutral can disagree that the better footballing team won today.

While I'm financially disappointed Holland lost, I'm even more disappointed with their performance. They were cynical and negative...A million miles removed from the glorious "Total Football" Dutch teams led by Cruyff in the mid 70's that I grew up admiring.

Congratulations to Spain

14-1

Netherlands just pulled a New England Patriots. Undefeated in qualifying, undefeated in round robin, undefeated in playoffs, lose in the final. Couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of dirty thugs. What was their strategy? Kick the Spanish in the mouth (literally) and hope to score on the hail mary? Paraguay and Chile play better soccer than the Dutch.

You said it Paul, the better team won!!! Sorry for your financial loss.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Gotta disagree on that one , i thought the ref got all the calls pretty much correct except for the non-corner kick for the dutch ,just before Spain scored , the Dutch were for the most part awful , Spain fully deserved the victory even if the match was far from a classic
    Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    The Dutch are playing rugby out there. They should be down to 8 men. I thought the ref was one of the best refs in the world? He has no balls.
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Quote Originally Posted by Wilster View Post
    Gotta disagree on that one , i thought the ref got all the calls pretty much correct except for the non-corner kick for the dutch ,just before Spain scored , the Dutch were for the most part awful , Spain fully deserved the victory even if the match was far from a classic
    The refs got plenty wrong. Dont tell me the corner is the ONLY thing they got wrong.

-Puyol should have gotten a red card for holding Rubben outside the box.
    -The guy who gave Alonso a karate kick in the chest should have gotten a red.
    -The guy who kicked Xavi's leg in the penalty area should have gotten a yellow AND it should have been a penalty kick.
    -The goal kick before the Spain goal should have been a corner for the Dutch.
    -I could go on and on and on and on......

But you can't tell me that the Dutch were playing football out there. Let's face it, they dont have the skill to play an open game vs Spain, so they tried to intimidate Spain by mugging them and they tried to win an ugly game. I think the Dutch lost a lot of fans today.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/ne...-14872231.html

Lame lame lame final. the ref let them play, but that corner he missed was ridonk. Can't get over how much Spain complains. It's like a team full of robbens. What a lame champion, what, 9 goals the whole tournament? Lame.

Spain is the new jersey devils of soccer.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    I thought the object of the game was to beat your opponent. If that's the case, I can't imagine that the winning team cares how many goals they've scored. As a soccer novice it seems to me that if you want to improve the game, then get more officials on the playing field. Controlling the muggings and feigned muggings would have to improve the game. Selective use of instant replay would help as well.

Lame lame lame final. the ref let them play, but that corner he missed was ridonk. Can't get over how much Spain complains. It's like a team full of robbens. What a lame champion, what, 9 goals the whole tournament? Lame.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    The refs got plenty wrong. Dont tell me the corner is the ONLY thing they got wrong.

-Puyol should have gotten a red card for holding Robben outside the box. perhaps ,but i don't think the ref could see that from his vantage point
    -The guy who gave Alonso a karate kick in the chest should have gotten a red. a terrible foul for sure, but it was no eric cantona
    -The guy who kicked Xavi's leg in the penalty area should have gotten a yellow AND it should have been a penalty kick. - watch that one again , xavi kicked the other guys foot
    -The goal kick before the Spain goal should have been a corner for the Dutch. like i said
    -I could go on and on and on and on......

But you can't tell me that the Dutch were playing football out there. Let's face it, they dont have the skill to play an open game vs Spain, so they tried to intimidate Spain by mugging them and they tried to win an ugly game. I think the Dutch lost a lot of fans today.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/ne...-14872231.html
    I'm not disagreeing with you on the Dutch , they were terrible
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Spain is the new jersey devils of soccer.
    You couldn't be more wrong.

They don't score a lot, and I think they are a bunch of whiny jackasses, but their control of midfield is a thing of beauty. It's nothing like the Devils, trapping and playing defense. They play keepaway with the other team. If you can successfully play monkey in the middle with the other team at that level, you deserve the victory fully. Conversely, if you can't create a turnover and put a stop to that kind of midfield play, you don't deserve a victory.

The only reason that game was even tolerable to watch was because of Howard Webb. If he's not in there, it becomes a dive-fest after 10 minutes. He doesn't put up with bull, whether it's diving, or attempts at referee intimidation. If it wasn't for Webb, Robben and the Spanish would have been putting on their best production of "Let's Dive and make a mockery of the sport" - the Broadway version!

Also, Robben can generally kiss my ass. First of all, he was fouling Puyol as much as Puyol was fouling him. You could easily have called that either way, in which case Webb did the right thing in letting them play.

Second, Robben is way to good to be such an ass. The lack of respect these guys now have for the game is disgusting. Why dive when you can continue on and have a decent chance. Van Persie barely got clipped at one point, and you could see the moment when he decided to go down rather than to keep playing...had he kept playing, he had a half breakaway. When I played my soccer, we got instantly benched if we even dreamt of diving, or not fighting through a tackle. Maybe it's a hockey mentality or something...but it's probably exactly why Canada will never do well in world football - we're trained from a young age NOT to dive, which appears to now be the most important skill in soccer.

Finally, Robben, while speedy, and a wicked left foot, should be the easiest player int eh world to defend. He has one move - cut left and curl a shot in. And yet, somehow, nobody catches on. They always bite on his move to the outside, and he takes the ball in for a curling shot. It's ALL HE CAN DO. He is so reliant on his left foot that he should never be able to get a real shot at net. He should just be forced onto his right, and he'll have to give the ball up. At one point he had a completely wide open chance in the box, but it fell to his right foot...he was so confident he would fail any right footed attempt that he didn't even bother, and ended up giving the ball away.

I can't believe my choking Spanish underachievers are world champs and european champs!

I can die tonight in peace!

What a lame champion, what, 9 goals the whole tournament? Lame.

How does it feel to lose twice to the same team in back to back big tournaments?

how many goals have Germany scored vs Spain the last two tournaments? 0. Cuz Spain plays the trap right? LOL

11 German players hiding in their pathetic bunker praying for penalty kicks. why dont you call that lame? Why don't you call them the New Jersey Devils? HATERS GONNA HATE!!!

If Germany wanted the ball, why dont they come out of their cozy bunkers and get it? Because they're not good enough to score on Spain and they'd get burned at the back.

German football is inferior to Spanish football right now. I'm lovin IT!!!

Heck, I think I wrote in a previous post that wasn't the same germany team. It was a pathetic display, instead of the strongest team display they put on the rest of the show. Unfortunately I had no say in the coaching decisions. lol

Thread Information