Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
i prefer to keep replay away from soccer. i dont want the game to stop for any reason. bad calls are part of the game imo. how about 2 refs, 1 for each half of the field like they do in hockey?
Well, there are 4 officials in soccer. The two linesmen, while usually used to call offsides, can also call fouls, and are connected to the head ref via headsets. A couple weeks ago there was a terrible penalty awarded against Man U by a linesman who imagined a foul in the box on a set piece.

There is already a good 10 minutes lost with players faking injuries, so it's not like there aren't already unnecessary stoppages.

I think the only way to do it successfully would be to give each manager 1 challenge. If they get it right, they get it back, if not, that's the end of their challenges.

What is really needed is a higher standard of reffing. They need more refs like Howard Webb, who takes control of a game early, lets a bit of physical play go, plays advantage well, and can tell a dive from a foul. (But, even though he can tell them apart, he still doesn't card the dives)

As for the world cup, i just hope it's well contested, and England doesn't go to any shootouts.