100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Bogie tmacgolf is on a distinguished road tmacgolf's Avatar

My kind of reality tv!

Did anyone get a chance to watch the last round of Q-school? That is some pretty compelling stuff. I can't imagine the pressure that some of these guys are under to perform over those six rounds.
    I don't know why I am surprised each year, as the reasons are obvious, but each year it catches me off guard a bit how many of the guys who are "in contention" let the pressure get to them and thus play themselves off the tour on the final day. It was kind of refreshing to watch players who have so much to play for and to hear their stories. It was time well spent. The Canadians for the most part represented themselves very well too!

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by tmacgolf View Post
    Did anyone get a chance to watch the last round of Q-school? That is some pretty compelling stuff. I can't imagine the pressure that some of these guys are under to perform over those six rounds.
    I don't know why I am surprised each year, as the reasons are obvious, but each year it catches me off guard a bit how many of the guys who are "in contention" let the pressure get to them and thus play themselves off the tour on the final day. It was kind of refreshing to watch players who have so much to play for and to hear their stories. It was time well spent. The Canadians for the most part represented themselves very well too!
    I don't think anyone can understand the pressure until they have actually gone through it themselves. Not surprising that a few guys each year let their emotions get the best of them...the rollercoaster of six rounds combined with the thought of it all slipping away on that last day...definitely takes a strong mind to overcome all of it.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    is this on golf channel?

Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    is this on golf channel?
    Yes, it played on golf channel yesterday. The coverage really focused on the players "on the bubble" during the day. You barely saw the leaders, but instead followed the players who were all around -7 to -11 which was close to the cut off for receiving their PGA tour card. They actually showed quite a bit of the canadians, including Julien Trudeau, who just missed out on his card (by one stroke) but got exemption on the Nationwide.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Q-school is by far the most gut-wrenching golf to watch for pressure.

Missing the top-25 can be a make or break for their golfing career since the money is so much higher than the Nationwide tour.

Every year there are always a couple of guys who make a big number on the last hole to lose their card. The pressure is much, much higher than any other golf tournament.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    The pressure must be excruciating. Tom Pernice Jr. was looking good until he exploded on the last hole with a double. He missed qualifying by one stroke.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    The pressure must be excruciating. Tom Pernice Jr. was looking good until he exploded on the last hole with a double. He missed qualifying by one stroke.
    That was hard to watch.

Thread Information