100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TEXAS in Feb?

3 Iron tko is on a distinguished road tko's Avatar

TEXAS in Feb?

I know Texas is a big state, but does anyone know (generally speaking) if the golfing would be good in February. I have to find out exactly what city I'd be in, but just wondering if anyone has any experience down that way.

Thanks in advance.
    "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know."

3 Wood funk-like is on a distinguished road
    I've played in Dallas, San Antonio and Austin. San A and Austin are great little cities. Austin was my favorite, the golf was cheap and very good quality. Weather will be good at that time, probably in the 60's. If and when you decide on the city, let me know and I can recommend specific courses in the city.

Quote Originally Posted by funk-like View Post
    I've played in Dallas, San Antonio and Austin. San A and Austin are great little cities. Austin was my favorite, the golf was cheap and very good quality. Weather will be good at that time, probably in the 60's. If and when you decide on the city, let me know and I can recommend specific courses in the city.

That's great info. Thanks a bunch. I'll drop you a note when I know where exactly I have to be.
    "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know."

If this is to be believed:
    http://weather.msn.com/daily_average...c+TX&setunit=C

Dallas is going to be quite cold. I just found out I will be in Dallas likely.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Like fall here - perfectly good weather for a hardy Canadian. I know that marginally warmer weather won't slow me down when I'm in the southern part of Alabama on the Gulf Shore during January and February. Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by tko View Post
    If this is to be believed:
    http://weather.msn.com/daily_average...c+TX&setunit=C

Dallas is going to be quite cold. I just found out I will be in Dallas likely.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Go down to The Valley. Weather is fine there in February.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    AHA !! Will be in Brownsville on January 25th---yippi !!
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Lob Wedge Euchred is on a distinguished road
    I've golfed in Austin several times over the years. Feb 2008 being the latest time. Windbreaker type weather ...60-70 degrees, bit windy. Had a sales meeting in North end of Austin. Flew down a half day early and flew back a half day late. Got in a total of 3 rounds of winter golf!

First played Teravista : http://www.teravistagolf.com/ Nice track.

Next: Avery Ranch: http://www.averyranchgolf.com/golf/p...veryranchgolf/ Awsome course. I had played this one before. Sales meeting was here in the conference centre. Finished sales meeting at noon on Friday. On the practice tee by 12:30, teed off at 1h30

Stayed close to the airport Friday night, so I wouldn't be rushed for my early Saturday morning round - 9 am tee off at Riverside http://www.riverside-gc.com/golf/proto/riverside-gc/ Tom Kite and Ben Crenshaw grew up on this course. Not as well maintained as the other 2 courses, but still challenging enough. Quite windy that morning, but not cold. This course condition was close to what I am used to playing.

I had tee times booked as a single for all courses, but played with others. Avery Ranch was in the $65 range, the others $40-45.

Thread Information