100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Champion sharkhark is on a distinguished road sharkhark's Avatar

Cheap Hotel Advice?

GOing to be in ott region later this mth, re some training for a new theater in orleans. I dont usually go to ott but when i do i stay downtown. Gives you multiple options in off time to grab a bite or pint etc.
    Guy i am doing this for is on a budget..always asks me to watch..etc etc. I didnt think anything under 100 bones is possible, but i found a couple.
    If i stay in orleans, benefit is that its closer to theatre..but i am guessing orleans is like sleepy mississauga as it is to toronto where i live?
    or i saw something called capitol hill hotel downtown in the heart of things.
    Can anyone comment?
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual"

Known entity lms is on a distinguished road lms's Avatar
    I use this when I travel:

http://www.hotwire.com/

Quote Originally Posted by lms View Post

hi...just tried it..but it wouldnt show who the hotel was? Great to get a hotel like the search using them..for such a low price...i.e. it said it had some downtown ott from as low as 49 bucks...but i am not comfortable booking any hotel that has no info until after you book?
    Makes saving money difficult if you cannot balance it with how good or bad the hotel is. I found on my own today a hotel...cheap..but it turned out to actually be a motel, not hotel..and it was in a really barren area..technically downtown..but not really.
    If you know of a way to get hotel info before booking it would be appreciated.
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual"

Not knowing exactly where you are staying is the price you pay for getting a good discount.

I always stick to the higher rated hotels and it has always worked out well for me.

Not knowing exactly where you are staying is the price you pay for getting a good discount.

I always stick to the higher rated hotels and it has always worked out well for me.
    if i did that...i already got a the capitol hill which is decent rated for 89 and same rate as hotwire..now there is a lower rated option on hotwire..but that is 69 and no idea what hotel...whooops..just noticed also that hotwire is in USD and no option for changing to cdn? That makes budgeting difficult if i dont know what the final cost would be to get my boss to sign off..is it going to be fair or brutal exchange..plus he doesnt like guess work.
    Looks like you gave me a good option for personal travel...in US in future...but looks too difficult for this one. Thanks.

Guess i will head back to go...Can anyone comment on the hotel mentioned in my first post?

I have never heard of that hotel.

I would doubt there are any "decent" hotels in downtown Ottawa for $89 a night as their normal price.

I have never heard of that hotel.

I would doubt there are any "decent" hotels in downtown Ottawa for $89 a night as their normal price.
    just used expedia....which lets me know the name of hotel and location and price...and got...
    extended stay deluxe...for cheaper..then got...best western victoria park suites...same price...days inn downtown...embassy hotel and suites...all same price or within $3 bucks...are they not decent?

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Shark... going from Downtown to Orleans in the morning is easy... no traffic and same
    thing when you return.

Traffic comes in, in the morning and out in the PM.

In the East there is the Comfort Inn and Travelodge (on Hotwire) -- they should be around $60 to $70 US.

You could also use Priceline...

Downtown, a 3 stars could be the Sheraton. (Hotwire -- $80 to $88 US)

Don't know much about the Capitol, but really close to Elgin St... good restaurants and bars!
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Chambokl View Post
    Shark... going from Downtown to Orleans in the morning is easy... no traffic and same
    thing when you return.

Traffic comes in, in the morning and out in the PM.

In the East there is the Comfort Inn and Travelodge (on Hotwire) -- they should be around $60 to $70 US.

You could also use Priceline...

Downtown, a 3 stars could be the Sheraton. (Hotwire -- $80 to $88 US)

Don't know much about the Capitol, but really close to Elgin St... good restaurants and bars!
    Thanks for the comprehensive suggestions. Appreciate it. I know its not like the byward market..or is that how you call it?...but elgin.is a great area for going out as you have said..if i remember it right.? Training is going to be so short each day that i will have time to kill...sadly no golf.....

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Elgin is a good place. Always depends what you are looking for.

The Market is not that much of a walk neither... walk there and taxi back after the night (less than $10 I would say)
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Chambokl View Post
    Elgin is a good place. Always depends what you are looking for.

The Market is not that much of a walk neither... walk there and taxi back after the night (less than $10 I would say)
    Just to get out for a good bite....may try to let some of the members who know and remember me ..when dates are finalized...to see who might meet up for a pint...but I am not sure how many people love beer

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkhark View Post
    or i saw something called capitol hill hotel downtown in the heart of things.
    Can anyone comment?
    If you like comedy clubs, then Yuks Yuks is in the basement of that hotel.
    As mentioned earlier, Elgin is just around the corner. There are a few good sports bars like Maclaren's.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Hey Shark,saw the Doral Hotel on Albert street, downtown Ottawa and they advertise starting at 99.00.See there site and give them a call.I have never stayed there but it looks like a small,clean little hotel.
    Good luck

5 Wood leafseh is on a distinguished road leafseh's Avatar

+1

If you keep it above 3.5 stars, you're going to get a very nice hotel. And you can definitely keep your budget under $100 doing so.
    Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Thread Information