CorporateGolfXtra 2024

View Poll Results: What do you think of Tiger now?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Couldn't care less...

33 24.81%
  • Very disappointed, I like him less...

53 39.85%
  • This hasn't changed my opinion of him one bit...

39 29.32%
  • I like him more...

8 6.02%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    seriously... who here hasn't cheated on their wife?? come on. this is really news???
    Depends on what you mean by cheating... but honestly, I know what you mean.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum View Post
    Label me a Tiger Hater if that makes you happy. You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine.
    And label me a Tiger lover if it makes you happy. I'm just glad you're back in the fold. I always looked forward to your posts. They're fun! It's interesting that it took this topic / issue to bring you back to posting in the forum.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    This is a good question. I had to think about it for a bit before registering my answer, but here is my thinking.

I am not a Tiger fan. Was not before, and am not now. And when I use the word fan, I mean it loosly. I don't prey he wins, don't put hexes on his opponents, don't live and breathe him, and certainly don't follow him like a blind lemming. I guess what I am trying to say is, even though I may be a fan of someone (Vijay and Sergio) I am not a fanatic. However I d believe that he is the best golfer who has ever lived, and admire his skills.

As far as his current situation is concerned here is my though. In a perfect world, going outside your relationship is no no and bad. Really bad. However, in the real world there are times when one just does not get what they need from their spouse and separatin/marriage is not an options. This usually leads to an affair, which although condonable and bad, it may be understandable.

But in Tiger's case, it appears (and I say this with a grain of salt), that he has had fling with several women. This, to me is absolutely inexcusable and can not be explained, or understood. For that alone, my view of him has been dramatically and drastically altered. So, yes I do think less of him.

As for owning up to it, I must apologize to the Tiger fans out there, but a vague statement via his website is not owning up to it. If you would like to see an example of that, please refer to David Letterman. I have no respect, nor gtive him any credit for the weak statement he released through his site.

I guess I thought he was the best jerk golfer in the world. But now I think he is the best jerk golfer in the world, and a jerk human being.
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    So what you're saying is that I shouldn't hold my breath waiting for you to switch to Nike gear so that I can buy your purdy TM sticks......

Quote Originally Posted by rezadue View Post
    This is a good question. I had to think about it for a bit before registering my answer, but here is my thinking.

I am not a Tiger fan. Was not before, and am not now. And when I use the word fan, I mean it loosly. I don't prey he wins, don't put hexes on his opponents, don't live and breathe him, and certainly don't follow him like a blind lemming. I guess what I am trying to say is, even though I may be a fan of someone (Vijay and Sergio) I am not a fanatic. However I d believe that he is the best golfer who has ever lived, and admire his skills.

As far as his current situation is concerned here is my though. In a perfect world, going outside your relationship is no no and bad. Really bad. However, in the real world there are times when one just does not get what they need from their spouse and separatin/marriage is not an options. This usually leads to an affair, which although condonable and bad, it may be understandable.

But in Tiger's case, it appears (and I say this with a grain of salt), that he has had fling with several women. This, to me is absolutely inexcusable and can not be explained, or understood. For that alone, my view of him has been dramatically and drastically altered. So, yes I do think less of him.

As for owning up to it, I must apologize to the Tiger fans out there, but a vague statement via his website is not owning up to it. If you would like to see an example of that, please refer to David Letterman. I have no respect, nor gtive him any credit for the weak statement he released through his site.

I guess I thought he was the best jerk golfer in the world. But now I think he is the best jerk golfer in the world, and a jerk human being.

I have never been and will never be influenced on the purchases of my clubs by who is swinging it.
    that being said, I will leave the purchase of crappy Nike products to Gropper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    So what you're saying is that I shouldn't hold my breath waiting for you to switch to Nike gear so that I can buy your purdy TM sticks......

I have never been and will never be influenced on the purchases of my clubs by who is swinging it.
    ROFLMFAO!!!!

Zing!!!

Uber Poster Paulio is on a distinguished road Paulio's Avatar
    How does one like him MORE after this? That is just simply stupid.
    My name is Paul. And I'm a golfaholic.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulio View Post
    How does one like him MORE after this? That is just simply stupid.
    I'm giving him credit for not taking the "Pete Rose" - am I giving him credit where it is undeserved - maybe. Does that make me stupid - I've got more than enough IQ points that say no

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    I don't know how many of you remember of Kobe Bryant's problems...

Guess who sold the most jersey in the NBA last year?

Fans have short memory... this will not any effect on his sponsors.
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Here is Jasper Parnevik's reaction to the events (Parnevik Introduced Elin and Tiger):

"I would be especially sad about it since I'm kind of -- I feel really sorry for Elin -- since me and my wife were at fault for hooking her up with him," Parnevik said. "We probably thought he was a better guy than he is. I would probably need to apologize to her and hope she uses a driver next time instead of the 3-iron."

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chambokl View Post
    I don't know how many of you remember of Kobe Bryant's problems...

Guess who sold the most jersey in the NBA last year?

Fans have short memory... this will not any effect on his sponsors.
    another example is Charles Barkley. He was driving drunk on his way to his mistress, and he is more popular than ever.
    Last edited by Kilroy; 12-02-2009 at 08:54 PM.

I've been giving this a lot of thought and I've come to the conclusion that Tiger was just being a good Company man. When contemplating stepping out on his wife he simply reverted to what Nike has been advocating for years........."Just DO IT!!"

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    My wife, who is a Tiger fan, expressed it this way, "I'm just so disappointed in him."

It's almost like someone has died and many are mourning his loss.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    another example is Charles Barkley. He was driving drunk on his way to his mistress, and he is more popular than ever.
    But he is not married with kids.
    Last edited by Kilroy; 12-02-2009 at 08:54 PM.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    And the young children are the real tragedy in this.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    While I have great respect for Tiger's abilities, I am now forced to think of him as an absolute d ouchebag for cheating on his wife (not just once, mind you, but for 31 months)...

No respect for him as a person, husband, or father.

Golf Guru Gropper is on a distinguished road Gropper's Avatar
    Those crappy Nike clubs keep kicking your

As the resident Nike Ho, Dan you can change my post count name to that! , I guess i will make a comment to this.

I am a fan of Tiger, just as i was a fan of Jordans back in his day growing up, hence my like for Nike, But the one thing i never did growing up and even now was consider these people my heros or some one i considered a role model. My parents were my hero's and role model and i feel that is the way it should be.

Now I, like most of you, feel that what Tiger has done is wrong but lets be honest men are weak for the most part when it comes to women. Most of us will never be in his shoes, sure we have gone out with our friends while married and talked to other women, some probably been tempted to take it farther. But i doubt any of us have had to deal with the constant attention from let say "above average" women that he has.

Now i am not saying this as an excuse for what he has done but for us to sit here and say no way i would have done what he's done is not quite the same as we will never be in Tigers situation. Well except Reza

So i will continue to watch tiger and enjoy the way he plays the game and i hope i can teach my kids to enjoy watching these great athletes play. But its my duty to them to try and be there role model and hero by doing the right things. Some thing that Tiger is now going to have to take a longer look at himself for!

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Jack View Post
    And label me a Tiger lover if it makes you happy. I'm just glad you're back in the fold. I always looked forward to your posts. They're fun! It's interesting that it took this topic / issue to bring you back to posting in the forum.
    Simple, for the past 3 months there has not been many threads that tweaked my interest on here. Might not be another topic for another 3 months that brings me back to post. such is life.

Other than the fact that Heatly is doing well in San Jose, but then again seems none of the Sens fans have mentioned that
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Simple, for the past 3 months there has not been many threads that tweaked my interest on here. Might not be another topic for another 3 months that brings me back to post. such is life.

Other than the fact that Heatly is doing well in San Jose, but then again seems none of the Sens fans have mentioned that
    A shame as I enjoy your contributions. Look forward to more!
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road

As I veer off topic...

I think based on Michalek's play so far, Senators fans are actually quite happy with the return. If Cheechoo starts scoring (he is trying really damn hard, but no results) then trade would be good for both sides.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Please keep on topic. We have a forum for sports other than golf.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Quote Originally Posted by sensfan63 View Post
    As I veer off topic...

I think based on Michalek's play so far, Senators fans are actually quite happy with the return. If Cheechoo starts scoring (he is trying really damn hard, but no results) then trade would be good for both sides.
    Don't take the bait sensfan63... despite what our esteemed yet erstwhile friend GB says, there is a lively thread on Heatley that does recognize the fine play of Dany in SJ.... it can be found at http://forum.ottawagolf.com/showthre...t=48771&page=2, which is where we should discuss such matters.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gropper View Post
    Those crappy Nike clubs keep kicking your

As the resident Nike Ho, Dan you can change my post count name to that! , I guess i will make a comment to this.

I am a fan of Tiger, just as i was a fan of Jordans back in his day growing up, hence my like for Nike, But the one thing i never did growing up and even now was consider these people my heros or some one i considered a role model. My parents were my hero's and role model and i feel that is the way it should be.

Now I, like most of you, feel that what Tiger has done is wrong but lets be honest men are weak for the most part when it comes to women. Most of us will never be in his shoes, sure we have gone out with our friends while married and talked to other women, some probably been tempted to take it farther. But i doubt any of us have had to deal with the constant attention from let say "above average" women that he has.

Now i am not saying this as an excuse for what he has done but for us to sit here and say no way i would have done what he's done is not quite the same as we will never be in Tigers situation. Well except Reza

So i will continue to watch tiger and enjoy the way he plays the game and i hope i can teach my kids to enjoy watching these great athletes play. But its my duty to them to try and be there role model and hero by doing the right things. Some thing that Tiger is now going to have to take a longer look at himself for!
    I think this is an excellent post...I agree completely

Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    I can't help but think that this adds another dynamic to the Tiger vs. Phil dicotomy. Think of what happened to Phil this year, the way he obviously and without thought rallied around his wife this year while she (and his mother) battled breast cancer. The way that the golf world rallied around the two of them was really something else to see.

And then there's Tiger...wtf? What a donkey. To carry on "transgressions" for almost 3 years with someone, just really makes him look like a douche. I still appreciate his ability, but part of his mystique was the fact that he was such a poster boy. He might as well get caught with performance enhancers now just to disgrace himself with good measure!

Phil 1 - Tiger 0.

And as for his sponsors...I'm pretty sure that none of them will drop their support for him. You could probably go down the list of head executives for those companies and dig up some real dirt/adultery. So much so that revoking their support for Tiger would result in it looking rather hypocritical for them to be doing it.

I wonder if Jack or Arnie have called him yet?

Fally
    Last edited by Fallys0820; 12-02-2009 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Late night typing...
    Twitter: @Scott_Fally
    "The finest people in the world...are golfers." -- Ben Hogan

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    just because phil showed support for his wife last year didn't mean he didn't cheat on her either. i assume all athletes cheat on their wifes. even golfers..
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

ass - u - me.

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Wonder if Tiger will get a new caddy... Elen might insist.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    Wonder if Tiger will get a new caddy... Elen might insist.
    Maybe Rosie...

Certainly not one of these...

http://www.theplatinumtees.com/caddies.php
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilroy View Post
    ass - u - me.
    I think you can drop the "me" in this instance.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

LOL Yah, but it's a great saying as is.

Thread Information