100 Holes of Hope

View Poll Results: What do you think of Tiger now?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Couldn't care less...

33 24.81%
  • Very disappointed, I like him less...

53 39.85%
  • This hasn't changed my opinion of him one bit...

39 29.32%
  • I like him more...

8 6.02%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar

What do you think of Tiger now?

Answer the poll...
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    I considered myself a Tiger fan before, and that has not changed.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    I'm not a Tiger fan, and things have not changed.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Takes some stones to come out and admit that publicly.

I'm not saying that I agree with this and I'm certainly not taking a morale stand on the matter, but the fact is that monogamy is quickly becoming thing of the past. There are a number of studies out there on the % of the population who admit to having affairs and the numbers are staggering!!

To think that Tiger or anyone else who is having or has had an affair is in the minority is simply naive.

Wannamaker mjf is on a distinguished road mjf's Avatar
    None of the options fit my opinion. I'm not a fan of him as a golfer, although I hugely admire his talent.

Basically, I think he's a lot dumber than I expected. If you're going to do what he did and you're a billionaire... there are ways to be a bit more discreet.

I suspect it'll knock his ego down more than a few pegs.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    I was in the camp that accepted his temper as a product of his ultra competitive nature. I accepted his reluctance to give too much of himself to the throngs that follow him aound every event, since he has to keep his focus while negotiating his way through them.

I felt that if that's the worst they can say about him, then it's not so bad considering what he has to deal with week in and week out.

Now, not so much.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Albatross bobjones59 is on a distinguished road bobjones59's Avatar

Tiger, no longer THE man IMO

I think the thing that dissapoints ME the most is that it was an on-going affair with possibly more that one woman and especially the fact that some of his "hole-in-ones" we're at a time when Elin was pregnant and almost ready to give birth to his kids. Also, to NOT come clean and try to hide it all REALLY made me think a lot less of him as a person and I will probably never look at him the same way I used to. I honestly believe that had he just come forward and ACTUALLY ADMITTED that he screwed up (a la David Letterman) I still would have been dissapointed but my respect for the man would have stayed the same. It will be very tough for He and Elin to work through this and if I was a betting man I would put my money on them not being able to work things out. Had it been a "one-time" affair then MAYBE, but the odds of them overcoming this are astronomical IMHO.
    It's going to be weird watching him next year, just don't know how I will react.
    My heart goes out to their children.
    If you're not wasted...the day is!

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    To think that Tiger or anyone else who is having or has had an affair is in the minority is simply naive.
    Really? More than 50% of the population has had an affair?
    I guess I'm naive, because that surprises me.
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar
    Tiger is a scared little boy, he should have been honest from the get go. Tiger needs help, Elin needs help. I hope he loses some sponsors for this one. What an ego...
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivas Irons View Post
    It surprises me also. That being said, just because over 50% of people are doing it, it doesn't make it right.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    I'm with Dan. I accepted his terrible behaviour on the course as part of his competitive nature, his lack of personality in public as a jealous guarding of his privacy. Turns out he's just an asshole. Should've listened to Colby.

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    seriously... who here hasn't cheated on their wife?? come on. this is really news???
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Michael Jordan did it and the fans forgave and forgot. This too will pass with time. I feel bad for his family and I haven't Silly! Grow up!
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar
    It seems both 'mistakes' were while his wife was pregnant. Pretty classless.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    I never thought he was a saint, so this won't affect the joy I have in watching him play. On the other hand, it does affect the way I think of him as a person. If the latter is a feeling that is generally held, then the sponsors for whom he works may be concerned.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    what do i think of Tiger? what I always thought about Tiger, he's a damn good golfer.

what do i think of him personally, or what he does with his personal life? it's none of my business. i never met the guy and i dont know who he really is. nor do i care.

People have serious issues if they look at sports figures as role models. They're complete strangers who have 1 talent. They could be serial killers in their spare time. Do not look up to these people for anything more than their god given skill at their sport.

A side comment about adultery. As evil as adultery is, it is a private matter. Why does this guy's personal life matter when all he does is hit golf balls? My neighbor could cheat on his wife and if he's a policeman, shouldn't that be bigger news than a golfer cheating on his wife? A police officer is more invovled in the fabric of society than a golfer. If a police officer has no morality, that affects me much more than Mike Weir. So please let's put this into perspective. Everyone here loves golf, but we are not in Tiger Woods' bedroom to understand his marriage and what made him stray. He could have been right or wrong to do what he did. But that's between him, his conscience, his wife, and his God.

donny, i think "couldn't care less", and "this hasn't changed my opinion of him one bit" are identical options.

the girl he apparently slept with is this girl.

woooah, Tiger you could have done better man.

i found this on another message board:

"Tiger Woods is going to have to Change his name to Cheetah Woods."

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    seriously... who here hasn't cheated on their wife?? come on. this is really news???
    I am not going to speak for others. However I know for sure I have never cheated on my wife and I have been married to her for 27 1/2 years.

If you want do lay down with other women then don't bother putting a wedding ring on your finger. That ring means COMMITMENT TO YOUR PARTNER. It doesn't mean "Ok so I am married, big deal I can go get laid somewhere else too"

It is one thing to divorce on a mutual ground. It is quite another thing to run around and cheat on your wife. I once had a friend brag to me about all the women he was having while he was married. I said to him "So who is your wife seeing while you are out running around on her?" SILENCE, no answer.

As far as the poll goes. I thought he was a jerk all along, with his antics on the golf course being unprofessional at times. I still think he is a jerk. Good golfer yes, good person, not so much.

Label me a Tiger Hater if that makes you happy. You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    i know you have the tendency to be a little out there, but are you serious???

As for Tiger, he's still the best player out there. Obviously his public image will be tainted, but quite frankly I think the majority of his fans don't really care about anything to do with his personal life and/or on course behavior, all they care about is that he's the MAN in the golf world.

What I look forward to seeing is how various commentators deal with this when they are talking about Tiger. When you think about affairs in the pro golf world, nothing has ever been this public. The media never talked about Arnold Palmer's womanizing. The rumors about Phil are just that, rumors. But this dominated headlines for 4 or 5 days, on CNN and FOX News it was the top story.

I have a feeling they'll just mention "personal troubles" and that'll be it.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Best golfer of his time. Enjoy watching him play. But..

He's just another person who plays golf, (like us) who behaves badly (unlike most of us) and is a poor roll model both on and now off the golf course, assuming their vows included "forsaking all others, for as long as we both shall live."

I have NO sympathy for him, only his family, but it will be interesting to see how he plays after he deals with the fallout.

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    Admire Woods as a golfer, never could really bring myself to like his persona (just a bit too plastic, arrogant and manufactured for my tastes).

Nothing has changed for me in my opinion of him...I never held him up as a role model

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    What is bothering a lot of people is that Tiger and his handlers have gone out of their way to create a persona for Tiger that sets him up as being not only the best golfer in the world but also as a super-dad, super-husband, etc.

He's still got the best golfer nod, but he clearly doesn't have the others.

I haven't seen any comparisons to Jack made yet. I don't think I've ever heard anything negative about the personal side of Nicklaus. Still married to the same woman, all the kids seem to have turned out well too.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Quote Originally Posted by Shivas Irons View Post
    I didn't say more than 50% but this article has some interesting numbers........

http://www.menstuff.org/issues/byiss...litystats.html

I wonder how Tiger stacks up to President Clinton

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Man Hack, it's like your blinded by Tiger love. Dude, no matter how many do it, doesn't mean he's absolved. Also, it didn't take balls, it took his handlers to force him, I'd wager a round of golf at the marshes that it wasn't his choice to let the public know.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    Man Hack, it's like your blinded by Tiger love. Dude, no matter how many do it, doesn't mean he's absolved. Also, it didn't take balls, it took his handlers to force him, I'd wager a round of golf at the marshes that it wasn't his choice to let the public know.
    Mon ami, I'm not absolving anyone from anything. My point was only that it should not be "Shocking" that someone has cheated on his/her spouse.

I don't condone cheating on one's wife, fiance or girlfriend. To me the ring on my finger means something......but that is just me.

Based on the reactions that I've seen on on chat boards, blogs and other social media sites, you'd think that Tiger killed someone or worse.

You're probably right that his handlers were pushing him to come clean, but he still did it and that did take some stones IMO. He could have taken a page out of Pete Rose's book and denied it for a decade or two......

Uber Poster little brit is on a distinguished road little brit's Avatar
    Yes, I am disappointed in him

Nobody knows what a person is really like, I love to watch him golf and generally like him very much, but to cheat on his wife, particularly during the time they were starting a family is pretty bad in my book. I think he has made some pretty poor choices and no doubt he will pay for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    Mon ami, I'm not absolving anyone from anything. My point was only that it should not be "Shocking" that someone has cheated on his/her spouse.

I don't condone cheating on one's wife, fiance or girlfriend. To me the ring on my finger means something......but that is just me.

Based on the reactions that I've seen on on chat boards, blogs and other social media sites, you'd think that Tiger killed someone or worse.
    well said

Thread Information